An Old School Catholic Message Board

Making Out

tinytherese

And I never put anyone down I said people should strive to be perfect...but when I read stuff implying people who kiss before marriage are out of line or they lose their virginity cause they kiss I call bs...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

sexual intercourse is a wonderful expression of love between a man and a women but can be twisted and become lust. Making out entices the sexual instinct, don't wan't sex or not meant to have sex till whenever probably best not to experiment with sensual stuff like making out or it may twist what one may think to be love into lust, test the ground well before you walk on it in this case perhaps. LOVE YUZ AGAPELY (agape). :P   :)

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Cool I will check that link out...Examples are awesome when extraordinary claims like this are made...And when the extraordinary claims are made to make others feel like they have failed because they haven't lived up to the perfect example... Let alone a person who has ACTUALLY lost their virginity by having sex and not just kissing someone...

Edited by Guest

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

i missed where someone said that making out was akin to loosing there virginity, fondling would be akin to that though, but perhaps not hugging.  :buddies2:

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

southern california guy

Who has waited for their first kiss before theyre married? Give me a couple examples lol

Josh Harris who wrote the book "I kissed dating goodbye" claimed that he had.  He even started his own church.  And more recently his church had legal problems because of sexual abuse.. And he admitted that he had been sexually abused as a child...

Josh Harris who wrote the book "I kissed dating goodbye" claimed that he had.  He even started his own church.  And more recently his church had legal problems because of sexual abuse.. And he admitted that he had been sexually abused as a child...

are you kidding? I recommended that book on this thread!!! :-O

Josh Harris who wrote the book "I kissed dating goodbye" claimed that he had. He even started his own church. And more recently his church had legal problems because of sexual abuse.. And he admitted that he had been sexually abused as a child...

imagine that...

PhuturePriest

No matter the legal issues Josh Harris is having, it doesn't mean what he said in the book is suddenly wrong. I'm not saying that he's right, but it just annoys me when people are like "Oh, this guy is in legal trouble/did this, therefore his book is no longer valid." If having legal issues invalidates what you say, I suppose we shouldn't listen to that Jesus guy.

southern california guy

People have written blogs titled "I kissed marriage goodbye", telling about how they prayed and held out for the "Christian Courtship" while their friends dated, got married, and had kids.

THey say that "Christian Courtships" are a bit of a fantasy. They argue that a courtship is too much too fast. And that a courtship should only take place after dating and getting to know each other first. And obviously dating does not have to include sex. That assumption is absurd. Holding hands, kissing, and hugging is not sex.

I never read "I kissed dating goodbye". But remember it is a book written by a guy who had been sexually abused.

Edited by southern california guy