An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do I Know If There's A God?

Fidei Defensor

southern california guy

Celibacy is a product of wrong interpretation to the scripture. Do they think King Solomon, David, Abraham...etc...etc.... even Apostle Paul lived a ‘celibate’ life? I really feel pity for Nuns and Priest who truly learn to love as heterosexual persons (or even for gay priest and nuns). They are just wasting their life for nothing, and in the end everything are just false hope.

Every commandments, teaching, doctrines, sacraments....etc...etc. ...—Everything they do and follow in their religious life are all  â€˜Teachings of Man’, and none of them are from God himself. But what can I do?

But, just like what Apostle Paul said "Everything is permissible for me"-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"-but I will not be mastered by anything.

I have revealed more about my true beliefs than I ever intended, but I can't resist adding a little more.

As I understand it the early Catholic Popes were married.  I am sure many people here know much more of the details, but have heard people say that the Catholic church made celibacy mandatory because of the families of the Popes fighting over Church inheritance after the Pope died.  And I think the early Catholic Priests were also married -- or at least could be.

I wish I could achieve that enlightenment.

You worry that nothing you do will matter. Your worrying doesn't matter. All you have is this passing moment, so seize it, and enjoy it.

Everybody turning to atheist...

Your sentiment is happening because many of them learn to rationalize your beliefs and they found them ‘too hard to believe’ since all them are ideas without any logical or rational explanations. They are all lies but accepted to be true by devotees thru faith. They are false ideas hidden in deep darknes, which your teachers called ‘Mysteries’, and none of them are from true God since ‘Christ is the mystery of God’ and not those useless man-made teachings, rituals, sacraments…..etc…etc.

Pull them into the light (rationalize them or ask for any logical explanation or seek for any archeological evidences as proof) and you will see they will be destroyed. 

I would like to think I wouldn't change either, but it would depend upon "who" God is if I suddenly knew "It" as a real entity. There are lots of versions of God.

I'd get to see JasJis again...

Anastasia13

Your sentiment is happening because many of them learn to rationalize your beliefs and they found them ‘too hard to believe’ since all them are ideas without any logical or rational explanations. They are all lies but accepted to be true by devotees thru faith. They are false ideas hidden in deep darknes, which your teachers called ‘Mysteries’, and none of them are from true God since ‘Christ is the mystery of God’ and not those useless man-made teachings, rituals, sacraments…..etc…etc.

Pull them into the light (rationalize them or ask for any logical explanation or seek for any archeological evidences as proof) and you will see they will be destroyed. 

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/jerusalem/the-bethesda-pool-site-of-one-of-jesus%E2%80%99-miracles/

FYI, Faith isn't always straight logic.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you explain to me how it works? (putting a mud and washing it in whatever kind of pool will make your blind eye to see)

You did not even bothered yourself to answer my question because of a reason that is very obvious. It is a miracle. And this is one of the issues I raised in my previous post knowing that you will surely fail to explain how it works and eventually to unmask from whom that miracle really comes from.

Haven’t you even wondered why your kind of miracle, I mean your understanding of God’s miracle, must be or should be against the law of nature? Have you even asked yourself, Is God’s miracle truly against man’s reasoning and logical ability?

It is true that God’s miracle is beyond our limited mind. But, ‘beyond our limited mind’, does not necessary mean, it should be a distortion to our rational reasoning or proper understanding of anything we already proven to be true. My point is this. Seeing an unseen being is a miracle.  Or knowing things beyond the limit of our talent is also a miracle. They are miracles because, how can anyone possibly see an unseen being? Or comprehend an incomprehensible truth? This kind of interpretation to God’s miracle will never distort our proper reasoning. Actually, it will upholds them because the very thing miracolous in it is, ‘in making known to us a kind of truth which is beyond the limits of our talents’. Meaning, this miracle will never distort the truths we already know thru our own logical  way but, it will augment them by making known to us a different level of knowledge which is beyond our own ability to comprehend. Thus, I can say, The Miracle of God is the Revelation of Christ.

Therefore, God’s miracle is an addition to a man’s limited logical mind rather than substraction by making them irrational.

And that is what is happening in your part, in your usage and understanding of God’s miracle, nothing was revealed beyond the limit of human knowledge. Or nothing was added to your rational appreaciation of truths. It is the other way around. The more an idea, which is actually just a belief though accepted to be true thru faith, is warped and counter intuitive to a rational mind, the more it becomes ‘miraculous’. For example, in believing that Transubstantation is true.

We all know what is bread (flour and water and then baked in oven) and what is human flesh (muscles, fats and tissues). We also know that bread is not flesh and flesh is not bread. We all know these truths. But because you believe in transubstantiation. You begin to ignore these truths and embrace this idea even without any logical explanation or factual foundation.

By faith, you simply accepted that ‘bread becomes human flesh and blood’. And even in the absence of any proof that these things really took place or transpired, you still consider it done thru miracle.  So, how can you know if there is really a miracle that took place or not if you cannot even see that this ‘flour and water and then baked in oven’ becomes ‘muscles, fats and tissues’?

Now, In your above interpretation to God’s miracle, what was made known to you which is  beyond your limited mind? Of course, Nothing. What you have is just a belief that this Transubstantation is true, and nothing more than that.

So, what you are actually doing is something like this. After you disregarded your proper reasoning to test your accepted but unproven beliefs as truths. Then, you call the whole process, a miracle, since you cannot logically explain how that thing become possible.

To make it short, after you deceived yourself or let yourself be deceived, you call this deception, a miracle. To make it a little more shorter. Your miracle is a deception.

Seek the truth from God himself and you will find it.  

Edited by reyb

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Faith, hope and love are miracles too reyb, and not just miracle healings of cancer and stuff that can be seen, although these too are miracles.

Faith, hope and love are miracles too reyb, and not just miracle healings of cancer and stuff that can be seen, although these too are miracles.

I think you have to explain why these words are miracles (or miraculous). Because, many priest and pastors are really trying their best in showing that they are spirituality gifted in saying almost everything are miracles from God. They said, the rising of the sun is a miracle. How and why plants and trees grows is another miracle. Rain, sun, moon, oceans, rivers, mountains, all living things, man and animals....everything you can see are all miracles from God. When they wake up in the morning, when they fall sleep at night. When they got sick and healed..etc...everything and all things except disasters and bad things like murder, rape, wars...etc.

I wish I can honestly ask them. Do they call brushing their teeth while taking a bath a kind of miracle too. Or when they make poo poo a kind of miracle too?

So can you please explain why faith, love and hope are miracles? And another thing, what do you mean by ‘miracle healings of Cancer’? Are you saying a cancer patient was cured without any kind of medication except faith and prayers?

Credo in Deum

How do you know?

JMJ

Hello my friend,

To acknowledge the existence of Laws in the universe but deny the existence of a Law Giver, just never made much sense to me.  If I did the same with man made laws I would be looked at as insane, especially if I claimed my denial was justified because I've never seen or known the men who composed them.

JMJ

Hello my friend,

To acknowledge the existence of Laws in the universe but deny the existence of a Law Giver, just never made much sense to me.  If I did the same with man made laws I would be looked at as insane, especially if I claimed my denial was justified because I've never seen or known the men who composed them.

Your principle is correct. We must give credit to whom credit must be given, and that is for our own sake because, it is really a dreadful thing to go against God.

If you truly believe that you are honouring the one and only true God – since there are many false teachers who preach about other God and other Christ - and considering the royal law of God ‘’Love your neighbour as yourself," (James 2:8), then you have an obligation to show your love in rebuking and correcting them who are still under the lying Spirits.

We must remember that a deceived person is unaware of his true condition of being an enemy of God therefore, you must do it ‘with great patience and careful instruction’ just like what Apostle Paul charge in 2 Tim 4:1-2. You will do it.  otherwise, your anointing is not real. So, the question is this..... 

Do you really rebuke and correct them with great care and careful instructions or you just want them to accept your kind of belief?

Edited by reyb

Credo in Deum

Do you really rebuke and correct them with great care and careful instructions or you just want them to accept your kind of belief?

JMJ

Happy Easter Reyb,

I try to rebuke and correct with care and careful instruction; however, I am not always perfect in this regard.  Like St. Peter, in my zealousness I at times tend to go straight for the ear instead of the heart like, Christ.  As for the second part of your question, I would say I want others to accept the Truth, which is a Person; Jesus Christ.  However I am fully aware that I do not have the power to change hearts.  No man can say the Lord Jesus, but by the Holy Spirit.    

JMJ

Happy Easter Reyb,

I try to rebuke and correct with care and careful instruction; however, I am not always perfect in this regard.  Like St. Peter, in my zealousness I at times tend to go straight for the ear instead of the heart like, Christ.  As for the second part of your question, I would say I want others to accept the Truth, which is a Person; Jesus Christ.  However I am fully aware that I do not have the power to change hearts.  No man can say the Lord Jesus, but by the Holy Spirit.    

What you just said, is precisely what I am talking about. Because, obviously you really wanted them to accept your religious beliefs, rather than to encourage them to seek the truth from God himself and find it.  

You are saying something like this. (That) You may or may not succeed in your endeavour but, you are trying to guide them to become good Christians as your Church commanded all of you. Hence, you are really trying to ‘correct, rebuke and encourage them with great patience and careful instruction’ so that they will become, not only morally upright Christians but also, strong in their faith who truly believe and accept Jesus Christ in their hearts.

But you missed or intentionally dimissed a very important fact and that is, all your Church’s doctrines, teachings, moral laws, and others, including the historical existence of your wholeheartedly honoured Jesus Christ, are just ‘beliefs’ rather than truth and reality.

Thus, I said, what you really wanted is their ‘conversion’ in accordance with your faith and belief.

On the other hand, true witnesses like Apostle Paul will never do it. True witnesses do not seek converts because; they know too well that God alone can make a man like them - to become true witnesses of God. That God alone can reveal his Christ – for a man to become disciple of true Christ. That God alone can reveal his laws – for a man to become a judge of God’s righteousness. That God alone can reveal his words – for a man to become a caretaker of His words, and since everything about God is God. Therefore, God alone can reveal himself – so that man may truly realize who He is.

Thus, true disciples of Jesus Christ are really trying their best to ‘correct, rebuke and encourage you with great patience and careful instruction’, so that you will learn to seek the truth from God himself, and eventually see the real Jesus Christ in the same way all God’s witnesses like Apostle Paul and Abraham saw Him. And then, you will become one with us, not because of human works and willingness but of God. This is the bottom line of true preaching.

Now, you said you try ‘to rebuke and correct (us, who do not accept your kind of belief) with care and careful instruction’. Can you now explain to me ‘Why did Jesus Have to Die’? (Please see this topic and post your answer there) As thedude asked ‘Why did Christ have to die? Couldn't God have forgiven sins without this?   

Edited by reyb

Reyb,
You don't have, nor provided, anything more substantial, quantifiable, verifiable, or objective than what others have posted. All you have spouted is your own opinion and/or belief. Your diatribes are no more than what you point is wrong with what others have posted.