An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns As A " God-given Right"

PhuturePriest

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I don't see the sense in giving an entity like the US government the responsibility of teaching people respectful and responsible ownership and use of guns. They have amply illustrated they don't understand either.

Than send letters and or lobby for it and or protest. I'm sure the wheels of democracy and freedom are still rolling in the United states, perhaps rusty according to you and i say just in need of some oil and participation by the people. Don't give up hope winchester, i just watched noah the movie, first full movie i could swallow in like 5 years and first movie at the theatres in 10 years and i finally get the picture of the story of noah, the moral is that even if there are few true believers left, a remanant, than that is enough for GOD to use to renew the face of the earth, or a nation for that matter.

All glory to GOD.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Than send letters, lobby for it and or protest.

How about just ignore them? They're nothing, to me. I don't recognize their authority or their claims of power. They're the same as any other bully, far as I'm concerned. I see no point to begging them, any more. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

That bad huh. You really should be encouraging people to vote that are outside of the holy catholic church, what i hear is that only 12% of the U.S votes on average is this true?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

If you already haven't and if you have keep doing it, every movement starts with one or two souls, and who knows maybe you have already encouraged one or two to do so and they have encouraged one or two, but don't stop at one or two, and you may never see the fruits of your labour till harvest time, but the toiling is not in vain, onward christian souls.

If you already haven't and if you have keep doing it, every movement starts with one or two souls, and who knows maybe you have already encouraged one or two to do so and they have encouraged one or two, but don't stop at one or two, and you may never see the fruits of your labour till harvest time, but the toiling is not in vain, onward christian souls.

I dont subscribe to the same level of cynicism that Winchester does, however I dont believe that its going to be very easy to have an impact on decisions in our government....not unless youre wealthy that is. The recent court ruling that the republicans strove for is going to result in the exacerbation of an already bad problem. They ruled that people and corporations can donate as much money as they want to their political interests. This basically just means that our political progress is now in the hands of the wealthy...at least moreso than it was before. Sad day.

1896999_797496546927992_2788105331052478

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Funds are practically nothing in a democracy crosscut, it is the votes that are counted, not the donations. :) Though of course anywhere some do fall prey to excepting bribes. Chin up i'm speaking to you the truth. Encourage more voters=encouraging democracy=encouraging a government that works for the interest of most people and not it's self interest=relatively happy nation.

If the U.S can achieve something like a minimum of lets say 30% that actually vote, and i do say minimum but lets hope and encourage more, but if the U.S can achieve this as somewhere that has optional voting that would be total awesomeness.

All glory to GOD.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I am assuming it's not so long ago crosscut that most people voted in the u.s through choice, you have just gone for a smoke break and will be back shortly, i bet! Go and rustle those on a smoke break back into the voting booths crosscut and tell em we need to get back to work, you can do it with Gods help little brother. :)

All glory to GOD.

havok579257

I dont subscribe to the same level of cynicism that Winchester does, however I dont believe that its going to be very easy to have an impact on decisions in our government....not unless youre wealthy that is. The recent court ruling that the republicans strove for is going to result in the exacerbation of an already bad problem. They ruled that people and corporations can donate as much money as they want to their political interests. This basically just means that our political progress is now in the hands of the wealthy...at least moreso than it was before. Sad day.

1896999_797496546927992_2788105331052478

the law republicans pushed for and that democrats abuse just as bad.  Sorry but, democrats are all for this law also no matter how much they lie about it.  Actions speak louder than words.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And keep rustling them in crosscut for your whole life, and you may never even see the fruits of your labour till the harvest though you may, but persist, and if you do see some fruits than don't stop at one or two fruit trees go for the whole blooming orchard!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

the law republicans pushed for and that democrats abuse just as bad.  Sorry but, democrats are all for this law also no matter how much they lie about it.  Actions speak louder than words.

Unsure whom crosscuts political persuasion are, but i was talking about a particular party just democracy as a whole in you nation whatever party people vote for. When you go out encouraging peoples to vote your not encouraging which party people should vote for but just the pros of voting and having some say in the political persuasions of your nation locally,stately and nationally, whether your party gets in or not, and remind them that even if there party only gets 1 or 2 seats that is enough if they can gather a few allies in the senate to make a difference in some way. And boy if the party you believe in eventually gets to congress than wow the faith in the seed and watering that seed wow pow it has turned into a glories tree. 

Either way, its a bad move. Our country is more of an oligarchy than anything else these days...and the people in control are the wealthy families and corporations. Our votes dont matter unless they come with a huge wad of cash.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

EDITED PREVIOUS POST, A FEW SMALL CHANGES, RAN OUT OF EDIT TIME WHILE I WAS EDITING, LOL.

Unsure whom crosscuts political persuasion are, but i was talking about a particular party just democracy as a whole in you nation whatever party people vote for and not the democrats.

Perhaps if you all decide to go out encouraging peoples to vote your not to encouraging which party people should vote for unless asked for that kind of encouragement but just the pros of voting and having some say in the political persuasions of your nation locally,stately and nationally, whether your party gets in or not and if it doesn't look for another party the following election if it vanishes into thin air or something that represents you*, and remind them that even if there party only gets 1 or 2 seats that is enough if they can gather a few allies in the senate to make a difference in some way. Something like that anyway. And boy if the party you believe in eventually gets to congress than wow the faith in that seed and watering that seed wow pow it has turned into a glorious tree. If that is how the U.S politics work.

You guys know the U.S people better than me, you need to figure out a way and an approach to encourage more voting.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus iz LORD!

P.S. U.S popular culture is big on repping right? So to rep a party is to actually rep yourself kinda and your town or city or state.

KnightofChrist

I don't like the idea, and I don't like controlling people. So I do agree with the Court, donations to political campaigns is a form of speech. This is suppose to be a free society where free speech is not limited, even when we don't like it.