An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns As A " God-given Right"

PhuturePriest

This is allowing corruption to spread. Free speech shouldnt be tied to your bank account.

Because of this, "free speech" and the voice of soooooooo many will be lost because they are poor. And dont try to tell me that funds to campaigns have nothing to do with electoral success.

KnightofChrist

This is allowing corruption to spread. Free speech shouldnt be tied to your bank account.
Because of this, "free speech" and the voice of soooooooo many will be lost because they are poor. And dont try to tell me that funds to campaigns have nothing to do with electoral success.

I see the potential dangers and I agree we shouldn't allow corruption. But being free to donate and spend ones own money how one wishes doesn't equal corruption. I think free speech can be and is tied to one's bank account. If the balance is $5.00 or $5,000,000,000. It's their money, their property, they should be free to spend it how they wish.

I see the potential dangers and I agree we shouldn't allow corruption. But being free to donate and spend ones own money how one wishes doesn't equal corruption. I think free speech can be and is tied to one's bank account. If the balance is $5.00 or $5,000,000,000. It's their money, their property, they should be free to spend it how they wish.

It does when its not their money

And it also does when literally the entire country is suffocating and the top 1% are rolling in the dough. Money and power and continuing being siphoned to the top...this is just another step in that direction. We need a balance.

Edited by CrossCuT

KnightofChrist

Another reason to not support monopolies.

Yes. I do want the crony capitalism, corporate welfare, too big to fail nonsense to cease. If a billion dollar company looses it's money then that is that. They chose to spend their property how they wished and they chose wrong, they shouldn't be propped up but rather should be allowed to fall.

KnightofChrist

It does when its not their money
And it also does when literally the entire country is suffocating and the top 1% are rolling in the dough. Money and power and continuing being siphoned to the top...this is just another step in that direction. We need a balance.

Well yeah, for example when a company receives a handout from government, they shouldn't be able to use that money. The trouble is it gets mixed together with money that the company did make.

I don't trust the government to balance anything. It can't even balance it's own budget. We cannot trust it to balance the economics of society. I don't see how we could balance society without first violating free speech or other liberties and rights. The they've got more money than us appeal has never really been a powerful message to compel me. Rich people are people too, and they may have much more money than us, but I don't see that as a reason to limit their rights.

Yes, we need equality now!  We should limit all sorts of political contributions and tax more money and give that to the poor so they can donate to their favorite causes and politicians equally just like everyone else!  We probably need to form a government committee or two to make sure it works.  And we need to take rush limbaugh off the air.  He's not fair.... and he's fat.

Yes, we need equality now!  We should limit all sorts of political contributions and tax more money and give that to the poor so they can donate to their favorite causes and politicians equally just like everyone else!  We probably need to form a government committee or two to make sure it works.  And we need to take rush limbaugh off the air.  He's not fair.... and he's fat.

Because putting the government in control of free speech is the only way to make sure we are all really free and equal! 

ND go take the stick out of your ass and let the adults talk pls k thnx. Your incessant petulant arm flailing is getting annoying. 

Yes. I do want the crony capitalism, corporate welfare, too big to fail nonsense to cease. If a billion dollar company looses it's money then that is that. They chose to spend their property how they wished and they chose wrong, they shouldn't be propped up but rather should be allowed to fall.

I meant the monopoly people refer to as government.

ND go take the stick out of your ass and let the adults talk pls k thnx. Your incessant petulant arm flailing is getting annoying. 

On one hand, I would hate to be annoying, because nobody here is ever annoying... On the other hand, I really want to fight for equality... Hmm... I think I'll leave the stick there for now. 

You must really hate poor people.

1907614_800601399950840_2699919504700946

Yes, I too find that one-liners from Comedy Central form the foundation of my political ideology. 

If it's possible to buy the power government has, then perhaps it's dumb to grant it to them in the first place.

Who believes that if they limit campaign contributions, the corporations will suddenly be stymied? Who is that stupid?

Edited by Winchester