An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns As A " God-given Right"

PhuturePriest

If they're willing to maim babies over a plant, just imagine what they'll do over a gun. http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/swat-throws-grenade-in-playpen/

It is a crying shame the evil that is put upon children, either purposefully or not,  I have started to change my prayers to the prevention of such things happening to innocent children and people in general, instead of only waiting for something like this to happen and then pray for help...

But you are right more violence would be engaged to take a gun versus a drug raid, and shame on that swat team and those in charge for being too lazy to do their job with professionalism and more detailed research.   In the end everyone loses over such instances, their reputation is now down the toilet, and when their local citizens start to distrust their local law enforcement over such incidents they have no one to blame but themselves.... And a spoiler alert to that link about graphic photos would have been appreciated. 

Winchester

Those who advocate the initiation of violence ought to have the stomach to see the result of their desires.

Benedictus

Apparently in Benedictus's country people are a lot dumber than Americans.

The crime stats and prison numbers for the US in comparison speak for themselves! Maybe you could poll the countries of the world on what they think of the US gov. Don't get upset easily :hehe2:

Edited by Benedictus

Winchester

The crime stats and prison numbers for the US in comparison speak for themselves! Maybe you could poll the countries of the world on what they think of the US gov. Don't get upset easily :hehe2:

The US has a high incarceration rate due to the idiotic drug war. It's something people who don't believe in ubermensch (that would be me, not you) feel is a human rights abuse.

Benedictus

Mankind was kicked out of the Garden of Eden over not following the rules to stay away from a certain plant.  One would think we would have learned our lesson by now. 

ha! Maybe if the story had them chop that tree down for smoking our plight could have all been averted! :think:

Winchester

Mankind was kicked out of the Garden of Eden over not following the rules to stay away from a certain plant.  One would think we would have learned our lesson by now. 

You're comparing the DEA's rules to God's. You're worse at this than you are at talking to women.

Those who advocate the initiation of violence ought to have the stomach to see the result of their desires.

there is a difference between that article though and this topic at hand, and I doubt anyone here actually " desires violence "  that article you linked would have been better off on Alex Jones website infowars so everyone there could gripe and moan about how horrible law enforcement is.

Winchester

there is a difference between that article though and this topic at hand, and I doubt anyone here actually " desires violence "  that article you linked would have been better off on Alex Jones website infowars so everyone there could gripe and moan about how horrible law enforcement is.

You call that event "law enforcement"?

Norseman82

You're comparing the DEA's rules to God's. You're worse at this than you are at talking to women.

As opposed to comparing the right to legitimate defense protected by the second amendment to somebody's so-called right (not in the constitution) to sell poison on the streets? 

Your face is worse at this than it is at keeping mirrors intact.  :harhar:

Edited by Norseman82

Winchester

As opposed to comparing the right to legimate defense to somebody's so-called right to sell poison on the streets? 

Your face is worse at this than it is at keeping mirrors intact.  :harhar:

Why do you believe you possess the right to attack and then throw people in cages for vices?

Norseman82

Why do you believe you possess the right to attack and then throw people in cages for vices?

They wouldn't be attacked and thrown in cages if they hadn't misbehaved in the first place. 

You call that event "law enforcement"?

I wouldn't call it random strangers with flash bangs and weapons just willy nilly walking into a home and going nanners on people.   Last I checked, a S.W.A.T team falls under the category of law enforcement, now if you want to say the situation did not even need to take place I would agree with you in that it was a gross use of force and a lot of people from the top down should be held accountable. 

If you want to argue anything what about civilians using guns or any weapons to protect themselves from such a gross use of police / law enforcement ..... or better yet, what if law enforcement goes gang busters into the wrong house altogether, and the home owner is a law abiding citizen who owns a legal weapon, and decides to protect his home and himself at 2 am when a strike team enters scaring the living day lights out of him and his family? Are we really expected to just roll over and take it and possibly face the same results as this child did or worse.

This article that you posted, just doesn't fit into this topic of human rights or guns as a human rights issue which I have already addressed, it is more centered on law enforcement and  the over use of law enforcement and if you have not seen infowars, it is worth at least a look, I think that article would be a better fit for that crowd and Alex Jones.

Justin Netzel

In addressing gun rights as a "god given right" lets look at how the greatest pacifist of all time (Jesus) viewed it. He obviously "condoned" it otherwise he would not have allowed his disciple Peter to carry a sword in the garden of Gethsemane. You can also bet that the other disciples had weapons as well due to the fact that the soldiers had a confrontation in the garden rather than an all out brawl. If God was against it He would've prohibited it, but instead, being a God that understands His creation and the inherent component of the soul called free will, he gave the maxim he who lives by the sword dies by the sword. Meaning if you choose to not respect life and live by taking from others someone is going to take your life in self defense of either their life or property. Carrying a gun is not living by the sword, rather it understands that others do live by the sword because someone is always going to use their free will to inflict violence on others to live i.e. robbing a convenience store/bank/house/victim in modern day society. Even common sense to me says guns are necessary for self defense. Why do you think cops carry them? intimidation? It's a perk but the main reason is to defend themselves. If they can then so should I, unless i can get a 24/7 cop nanny to defend my life and property for me