An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns As A " God-given Right"

PhuturePriest

Winchester just an F.Y.I , that baby photo / article that I was commenting on, I did see that story mentioned on a news channel recently as I was flipping through, so the incident has made its way around , and hopefully with further prayers that child will fully recover and live a healthy and happy life.

PhuturePriest

I find it interesting how this thread still goes on, even though I stopped caring about its existence 23 pages ago. I'm not saying it shouldn't go on because I lost interest -- I'm rather marveling at how people can not be bored out of their minds 25 pages in.

well if you notice, people are not re reading all 25 pages, then commenting, it is more a thread that has self evolved . But still centering on the endless debate of when an how to use weapons. Next it will be okay exactly how many times should one shoot a gun .  We already had the government try and limit all guns to a max of 7 rounds  and clip size for other rifles , next someone is going to be like wait wait you can only pull the trigger if you ask the other person first if they have a gun, if their gun is loaded, if they intend on using that gun against you, if they are going to shoot more than 2 times and where do they plan on shooting you. And then after that someone in the government will require both parities sign a paper stating that they were completely aware of the dangers of using a fire arm and that the government or at least the democrat party begged them to consider other means to defend themselves. After that, there will be a new law, that people who are faced with violence but grab a cell phone, lie in the fetal position behind a bush or rock, and call 911 and ask that a police officer be sent to save them.  And then criminals will be forced to take an oath to not use guns when all guns are hence forth removed from the hands of law abiding citizens after all previous laws were ineffective.

The only allowable form of self defense in the near future will be crying and running around in circles waving your arms in the air frantically but only if you are wearing non offensive clothing.

Winchester

They wouldn't be attacked and thrown in cages if they hadn't misbehaved in the first place. 

Doesn't answer the question.

Winchester

I wouldn't call it random strangers with flash bangs and weapons just willy nilly walking into a home and going nanners on people.   Last I checked, a S.W.A.T team falls under the category of law enforcement, now if you want to say the situation did not even need to take place I would agree with you in that it was a gross use of force and a lot of people from the top down should be held accountable. 

If you want to argue anything what about civilians using guns or any weapons to protect themselves from such a gross use of police / law enforcement ..... or better yet, what if law enforcement goes gang busters into the wrong house altogether, and the home owner is a law abiding citizen who owns a legal weapon, and decides to protect his home and himself at 2 am when a strike team enters scaring the living day lights out of him and his family? Are we really expected to just roll over and take it and possibly face the same results as this child did or worse.

This article that you posted, just doesn't fit into this topic of human rights or guns as a human rights issue which I have already addressed, it is more centered on law enforcement and  the over use of law enforcement and if you have not seen infowars, it is worth at least a look, I think that article would be a better fit for that crowd and Alex Jones.

That story is but one of many. It fits in insofar as it points out that the government engages in the use of disproportionate force.

When you say "law-abiding", why do I get the feeling you mean "legislation-abiding"?

That story is but one of many. It fits in insofar as it points out that the government engages in the use of disproportionate force.

When you say "law-abiding", why do I get the feeling you mean "legislation-abiding"?

you really have a hard time understanding why the government engages in the " use of disproportionate force " ? How is a government to maintain absolute power if they do not do just that ?

What you stated, is exactly why there is and always will be a giant fight to protect the 2nd amendment, because once you strip away that right, we go from having a fighting chance at over throwing a corrupt government ( not the constitution and bill of rights and the laws already in place ) to being subjects and nothing more and defenseless against those criminals that do retain their firearms and relying upon a police force that is reactive most of the time versus proactive, needless to say the police can not live at our door steps, so it is in our best interest to keep our weapons, protect the second amendment, and imprison and bankrupt anyone who misuses that right.

And law abiding is exactly what I meant albeit I was using it in a sarcastic scenario.

Winchester

you really have a hard time understanding why the government engages in the " use of disproportionate force " ? How is a government to maintain absolute power if they do not do just that ?

Did I fail to mention that the State is inherently evil? I don't recall expressing any confusion over why they use disproportionate force.

Did I fail to mention that the State is inherently evil? I don't recall expressing any confusion over why they use disproportionate force.

if you want to be anti government or state I suppose that is fine too, just don't expect a lot of Americans to get on board and agree that it is evil and needs to be undone.  It is what it is, take it or leave it, less we are to resort to just flat out anarchy or perhaps a real civil monarchy instead of a religious one, go back to being surfs and what not.  half a dozen one way or the other doesn't matter, someone is going to get the short end of the stick.

Less you want to take a crack at how as a Christian society we are to govern ourselves under the common sense morals of what Christ taught us. Which wouldn't last long ,because if society started going down that road, eventually the church turn back around to claim physical power and seat itself as the power it once was... Then you are running into the battlestar galactica scenario of this is has all happened before and will again..... or  those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it, which ever suits.

KnightofChrist

Well that's just your subjective human interpretation man. Someone else could hold a equally valid subjective interpretation that the State is god and you and everyone else its happy little slaves and be no more right or wrong than you. 

Sometimes I find discerning your wit and wisdom as difficult as a squirrel attacking a lion. Please clarify for this squirrel, the concept of a State is inherently evil?

Well that's just your subjective human interpretation man. Someone else could hold a equally valid subjective interpretation that the State is god and you and everyone else its happy little slaves and be no more right or wrong than you. 

They might be more right or more wrong. It wouldn't change the fact that they're interpreting.

Sometimes I find discerning your wit and wisdom as difficult as a squirrel attacking a lion. Please clarify for this squirrel, the concept of a State is inherently evil?

The state employs aggression, aggression is always evil. I hold to the non-aggression principle. While I have drifted from the use of the term anarcho-capitalist (I'd go with libertarian anarchist), this article is the most succinct I've found and fits my beliefs. http://archive.lewrockwell.com/kinsella/kinsella15.html#ref

But aren't you employed by the "state" in your capacity as a firefighter (or is it EMT)?  Or are you employed by a private company?

But aren't you employed by the "state" in your capacity as a firefighter (or is it EMT)?  Or are you employed by a private company?

I am managed by the state. According to the state, the employer is the people.

Edited by Winchester