An Old School Catholic Message Board

Must Eastern Catholics Accept Ic?

Eliakim

Hi Selah,

Still waiting to hear back from official channels.  Will let you know when I do.  In meantime, are you all in full communion with the Eastern Orthodox?   

Have you thought about what praise you will give about the 90's evangelical subculture? 

E

You won't listen to laity, the podcast I gave you, you won't talk to actual melkites or read the links...you aren't going to listen either when the priest tells you. You're puffed up with pride and imperialistic.

You wouldn't even believe the Patriarch of the Melkites if he joined the forum and said, "oh hai, Selah is right" because you think Rome is the end all be all. You refuse to listen, to read, to understand. So when the priests do respond, and you are made a fool of, you still won't believe it.

My Melkite friend and I have been tittering behind your back about this. It's one thing to be curious, but you aren't, you are straight up telling Melkites what they are to believe. You won't listen to reason, to history, it just is what it is. 

I don't understand your question, am I in full communion with the Eastern Orthodox-I am Catholic, so by default I am not. They are schismatics in my eyes, and in their eyes, I am not only a schismatic, but a heretic as well.

Seriously, please, just stop tooting your own horn and go learn about the Eastern Churches. Because the more you talk, the less you show to know.

I'm done.

Edited by Selah

Nihil Obstat

Selah, he is just teasing you. Don't let it ruffle you.

If you are right, that is truly masterful trolling.

Selah, he is just teasing you. Don't let it ruffle you.

If that's the case, it's even more upsetting. Because he is getting fun out of picking on someone. At least if he was serious, I might still have a glimmer of hope, but getting a kick out of spreading lies and making an altogether fool of oneself is sick and rather bizarre. 

KnightofChrist

Hi Selah,

Still waiting to hear back from official channels.  Will let you know when I do.  In meantime, are you all in full communion with the Eastern Orthodox?   

Have you thought about what praise you will give about the 90's evangelical subculture? 

E

Who?

http://youtu.be/Fdjf4lMmiiI

6. Women who had just given birth were not to enter the Church for 40 days

I know this is  off-topic but that seems a bit too Levitcus-y for me. Is/was there a rationale behind this (if you know) other than following a part of Mosaic law?

I know this is  off-topic but that seems a bit too Levitcus-y for me. Is/was there a rationale behind this (if you know) other than following a part of Mosaic law?

It's just so they can rest, like a kind of maternity leave. The Orthodox still practice this, though I have seen some Churches don't require it. 

Nihil Obstat

Probably analogous to the Roman practice of Churching of the Mother, I would guess.

I'd be curious to learn more about this stuff Selah. My problem is, I've spent so much time neck-deep in Thomism that I have an extremely hard time figuring out how everything works in the theology of the East. It's like starting all over again in kindergarten. :P

ROFL. I can fix your Thomism xD Let me introduce you to a friend of mine...

Gregory-Palamas_web.jpg

But I love my Thomism. :sniff: