An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Book On Homosexual Behaviour

Perigrina

I guess I'm to be ignored, that's ok. Still I doubt those advocating for what is basically slavery (of Christian business persons would get up in arms if a baker refused to serve a strip club.

You know what my thoughts are.

KnightofChrist

You know what my thoughts are.

I know that it is very likely you would not serve a cake to a strip club, for the same moral reasons another would not serve a gay wedding. 

I know that it is very likely you would not serve a cake to a strip club, for the same moral reasons another would not serve a gay wedding. 

I would serve cake to both.  :paperbag:

To sell or not to sell cake in no way is going to stop the existence of said strip club or be a profound act to change them of their ways.

KnightofChrist

I would serve cake to both.  :paperbag:

To sell or not to sell cake in no way is going to stop the existence of said strip club or be a profound act to change them of their ways.

I believe that is actually unlikely. Would you also claim to bake a cake for and cater to a brothel?

I believe that is actually unlikely. Would you also claim to bake a cake for and cater to a brothel?

Assuming I know the purpose of the customers? This entire scenario is ridic. Let them eat cake!

KnightofChrist

You'll forever me, hopefully, but I find it doubtful you would so willingly serve a group which preforms immoral practices which defame and objectify women. 

Edited by KnightofChrist

You'll forever me, hopefully, but I find it doubtful you would so willingly serve a group which preforms immoral practices which defame and objectify women. 

Every single person who buys cake is a sinner. Some have worse sins than others. Should we just not sell anyone anything? You know theyve done something bad in their life. Would you want to sell cake to a guy who masturbates? You dont support that do you? 

Edited by CrossCuT

KnightofChrist

Every single person who buys cake is a sinner. Some have worse sins than others. Should we just not sell anyone anything? You know theyve done something bad in their life. Would you want to sell cake to a guy who masturbates? You dont support that do you? 

Everyone may be a sinner, but I still doubt you would so easily sell out your principles to make money selling cakes and catering to a group in the business of prostitution and other forms of immorally objectifying women.

Everyone may be a sinner, but I still doubt you would so easily sell out your principles to make money selling cakes and catering to a group in the business of prostitution and other forms of immorally objectifying women.

Wat. I cant even....selling...principles......cake? Does not compute.

Or you could give them this cake. Win win situation. You can still give them cake, but make your feelings known.

evil-cake.jpg

KnightofChrist

Wat. I cant even....selling...principles......cake? Does not compute.

I doubt you would actually sell out feminism, honorable womanhood, and give support to the flesh trade, even if it were just a tasty cake. 

I doubt you would actually sell out feminism, honorable womanhood, and give support to the flesh trade, even if it were just a tasty cake. 

You know, believe it or not but my principles are not tied to cake handling. I dont see how giving or not giving someone a cake would do anything to further my cause. It would just mean Im an ass hole and Im stooping to their stupid level. Im better than that.

Or you could give them this cake. Win win situation. You can still give them cake, but make your feelings known.

evil-cake.jpg

For someone who throws around the word "hate" a lot I'm not sure you understand what it means.

You do know that ordering a wedding cake is typically more involved than just walking into a store and ringing it up at the register. There's usually a little more planning and detail involved in which people share their intents and purposes for acquiring said delicious pastries and baked goods. It's not a matter of setting up a checklist and judging people on personal sins.

If some guy who jerks off a lot wants to walk into my store to buy a cake I'm not gonna go all FBI third degree on him, but if he's some freak who wants me to make a special custom cake to have sex with, we're entering another territory aren't we? I know it's a ludicrous example. Here's a different one. The head of your friendly neighborhood NAMBLA chapter walks in and wants a doughnut, you charge him a couple bucks and part ways. Next week he comes in and wants you to bake a cake and decorate it for a NAMBLA anniversary party. You know gotta celebrate the organization for surviving some thirty odd years.

Can't you see a difference in the scenarios?