An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Book On Homosexual Behaviour

Perigrina

"Natural Law"
Helping bigots rationalize their behavior since forever

So does that mean God is a bigot?

No you don't get to do anything you want, sexually, but heterosexuals do have an approved and even sacramental outlet for their sexual urges, if they find it necessary. Homosexuals have no chance of that ever being a possibility for them. Celibacy is a challenging charism and even more so if you have no choice whether to be celibate or not. This is an important distinction to make in presenting the Church's teaching. It's truly a unique cross.

C'mon!  10 pages!  We can do it!  Just go back through the last 100 gay posts from 2014 and cut'n'paste your favorite arguments.  We've barely rehashed 10% so far.  So there's so much new material left!

Does it go into their dietary habits? I've always been curious about that area of homosexual behavior. I read a book by a person who lived among a group of homosexuals for several years, eventually was accepted as one of them, and invited into their curious rituals. 

Cheese? 

(for those who know the reference) 

Edited by Norseman82

No you don't get to do anything you want, sexually, but heterosexuals do have an approved and even sacramental outlet for their sexual urges, if they find it necessary. Homosexuals have no chance of that ever being a possibility for them. Celibacy is a challenging charism and even more so if you have no choice whether to be celibate or not. This is an important distinction to make in presenting the Church's teaching. It's truly a unique cross.

They have the same opportunity to enter into a sacramental marriage with someone of the opposite gender as everyone else who doesn't have a canonical impediment. 

I agree.  Thanks for pointing this out.  As a woman who is married to a husband who is as close to perfect as is humanly possibly, I think I must have the easiest path of all when it comes to the call to chastity.  Some people are married to difficult spouses.  Some are single, with little hope of finding someone, while longing to be married .  Some have SSA, which is probably the heaviest cross of all.

I am constantly struggling with sins against chastity, even in my relatively easy situation, so I have great respect and admiration for anyone who battles in the more difficult ones, especially people with SSA. 

C'mon!  10 pages!  We can do it!  Just go back through the last 100 gay posts from 2014 and cut'n'paste your favorite arguments.  We've barely rehashed 10% so far.  So there's so much new material left!

I figure we can get at least two pages out of people complaining about the thread.

I figure we can get at least two pages out of people complaining about the thread.

for two pages?  Sure.  But for 10 pages we are going to need some serious flame wars, probably the "R" word, and a descent into meme-dom to get over the finish line.

Nihil Obstat

for two pages?  Sure.  But for 10 pages we are going to need some serious flame wars, probably the "R" word, and a descent into meme-dom to get over the finish line.

http://youtu.be/vI5LYqCFrwE

Semper Catholic

Hmm let's see there's some people who want to have a grownup discussion and some who want to be children.

Sure is difficult facing the issue isn't it?

Semper Catholic

I agree. Thanks for pointing this out. As a woman who is married to a husband who is as close to perfect as is humanly possibly, I think I must have the easiest path of all when it comes to the call to chastity. Some people are married to difficult spouses. Some are single, with little hope of finding someone, while longing to be married . Some have SSA, which is probably the heaviest cross of all.

I am constantly struggling with sins against chastity, even in my relatively easy situation, so I have great respect and admiration for anyone who battles in the more difficult ones, especially people with SSA.

I think you would find your cross more difficult as well if millions of people crusaded against it.