I bet it looks gay

If I had to guess

The whole purpose of this thread

Is like the Lock Ness

You cannot find it

Maybe it doesn't exist

Perhaps you killed it

Fin

Did you just break out a 5 Stanza Haiku on the pointlessness of yet another gay thread? 

internet-high-five.jpg

This is because Catholics probably haven't seen them as they are some small fringe group from the godforsaken pit of Kansas who targets virtually every other group of humans including Catholics.

I think the Phelps group was mentioned in passing (in a negative way) in the video on Catholic teaching on homosexuality that is linked on the Phatmass Facebook page.  Non-FB link:  http://vimeo.com/93079367

I thought they did a good job with this video.

Did you just break out a 5 Stanza Haiku on the pointlessness of yet another gay thread? 

I wrote a 3 point persuasive essay on why it was not pointless.

Lilllabettt

it's either fairness or an end to homosexual parades, giving back the rainbow so everyone can enjoy it an not be considered gay for riding around with a rainbow sticker on their car, I mean come on, I like rainbows im not gay, but if I put a rainbow sticker on my car boom now im gay, thanks homosexuals.

Be a homosexual all ya want, just stop stealing things I enjoy like rainbows, and prancing, and the color pink. 

the gays have taken the clip art I like and the boys I like. why gays why???? 

It's revenge for the straight boys staking claim to skinny jeans and facial hair. 

I wrote a 3 point persuasive essay on why it was not pointless.

Sorry, can't invest too much time reading here.  Busy working to get to 10 pages.  Besides, there is nothing in this thread that wasn't said better many times over in the previous threads.  Actually reading the posts would be like watching the first two seasons of the US-version of the Office when you'd already seen the UK version.

I guess it was not very persuasive.

LOL

Sorry, can't invest too much time reading here.  Busy working to get to 10 pages.  Besides, there is nothing in this thread that wasn't said better many times over in the previous threads.  Actually reading the posts would be like watching the first two seasons of the US-version of the Office when you'd already seen the UK version.

Well, that's a relief.  I can still cling to the hope the my persuasive essay would have been persuasive if you had read it.

Once I selected an essay topic against the advice of the professor.  He said there was nothing new to say on the topic, but that I could go ahead if I insisted.

I wrote an essay that took an approach he had never seen before and he gave me an A+, the first one he had given in 17 years.

I wrote an essay that took an approach he had never seen before and he gave me an A+, the first one he had given in 17 years.

super-bojack-vs-ssj2-goku-vs-majin-veget

Every month is white history month beaver dam.

lol every month is white history month ? since when ?

EXACTLY ! Those pesky gays, takening things we like and destroying the very fabric of society ! GASP ! OUTRAGE, BLASPHMEY ! OH NO THE GAYS THE GAYS !!!

This is because Catholics probably haven't seen them as they are some small fringe group from the godforsaken pit of Kansas who targets virtually every other group of humans including Catholics.

Haven't seen them, it is the first thumbnail that pops up on yahoo news when ever there is an anti gay thing out an about and you are right about it being in some godforsaken pit of a town, which just goes to show how there is a lack of work being done by a bishop in that particular diocese.  If he feels he doesn't have the time , energy or resources to reach out to those people who do such idiotic things, or at least reach out to his own diocese and spread the word that God does not hate fags as the banners read, and to go out an educate likewise the same message, then it will continue. Or perhaps bishops are just too busy fundraising and having their secretary carry their vestments for them and drive them around to be bothered with such trivial things that us mere lower class lay people can and should handle.

People are not being allowed to decide what is morally acceptable, or at least not to act on that decision.  People who think that same-sex marriage is not acceptable are forced to support these weddings.  They are not asked because they are the only baker, florist, or reception hall available.  They are asked because they believe that same-sex marriage is wrong.  Minding one's own business is exactly what is not happening. Owners of businesses are asked so they can be coerced to provide services they do not want to provide.  

This is not about protecting anybody's rights.  It is about taking away the right to follow one's religion.

Churches aren't forced to provide their rituals toward any people.

Does a flourist have to provide flowers for a gay wedding?
I'm sure if the flourist business was run by the church it seems they can discriminate to their hearts content, Catholic schools discriminate and get away with it.

I'm wondering if I can discriminate against Catholocs, knowing that they discriminate against gays, and myself being against this discriminataion of gays then does that make it legally OK for me to withold my services against all Catholic people.
It seems this slippery slope of discriminating against people will lead to a fractured and resentful society. Is this the Christain way?

Not The Philosopher

The brony community is making some headway in reclaiming the rainbow. Perhaps the day will soon come when wearing a rainbow will just be a sign that you like Rainbow Dash a lot.

Not The Philosopher

On a more serious note, unless you deliberately do some sort of book club type thread, it is difficult to have a thread about a book and not have it get derailed, as most posters will unlikely be able to make a comment of substance about it.