An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling Oneself Catholic While Rejecting Church Teaching

Perigrina

Did CrossCut post that because she loves me and does she love me because she agrees with me? How wonderful. I didn't realize. I thought she was just being nice because she is a nice person and wanted to post something loving. That's how I took it anyway. :) I love her too - I wonder if I agree with her on everything? This requires research... :P

She said she loved you in response to a post in which you were telling me off.  I question how nice and loving that was.  It sure did not make me feel loved.

Edited by Perigrina

AccountDeleted

She said she loved you in response to a post in which you were telling me off.  I question how nice and loving that was.  It sure did not make me feel loved.

Not exactly. She said I was a beautiful human being. And really, who could deny it? :) 

And since I doubt she posted it to make you feel bad (but to make me feel good), and because it did make me feel good, then I am perfectly happy to share that love with you too.

Peri, you are a beautiful human being! :love:

Pax.

Jesus_Lamb%2Bof%2BGod.jpg

KnightofChrist

She's been talking down to you, veiling it behind fake niceties it seems in all her post to you. What a wonder lesson in charity.

She's been talking down to you, veiling it behind fake niceties it seems in all her post to you. What a wonder lesson in charity.

It is interesting to know that it comes across that way to you, because this had crossed my mind too.  But I think the right thing to do is to take it at face value.

Not exactly. She said I was a beautiful human being. And really, who could deny it? :)

And since I doubt she posted it to make you feel bad (but to make me feel good), and because it did make me feel good, then I am perfectly happy to share that love with you too.

Peri, you are a beautiful human being! :love:

Pax.

My first impression of you came in a thread on the lame board in my earliest days here.  I was asking questions about how things worked and you were very kind and helpful.  It really made me feel welcome here and I will always be grateful to you.  And I hold on to the belief that the kind and helpful person is who you really are.

Lilllabettt

You know I love a good zing as much as the next person. I think when we are zinged we should all take it like men. No need to take things so seriously.

But -  it might not be real effective to go on about loving kindness the same time we are dishing out zings. Too much irony. Causes gas attacks and traffic collisions.

Although perhaps folks can't help it they are just zing machines. That was a superpower I wished for in first grade, that and the power to eat without ever getting full. 

Edited by Lilllabettt

You know I love a good zing as much as the next person. I think when we are zinged we should all take it like men. No need to take things so seriously.

But -  it might not be real effective to go on about loving kindness the same time we are dishing out zings. Too much irony. Causes gas attacks and traffic collisions.

Although perhaps folks can't help it they are just zing machines. That was a superpower I wished for in first grade, that and the power to eat without ever getting full. 

I have the superpower of finding bathrooms.  It is very useful.

You know I love a good zing as much as the next person. I think when we are zinged we should all take it like men. 

Id rather take it like a woman; a kick ass woman.

Lilllabettt

Id rather take it like a woman; a kick ass woman.

I said "men" as in plural of "man" as in "human." You're about 2 cycles behind. Still referring to "native americans" are we? 

Nihil Obstat

I said "men" as in plural of "man" as in "human." You're about 2 cycles behind. Still referring to "native americans" are we? 

Geez, what is it now? I alternate between Native American and First Nations. In ten years I will sound like someone's wacky old grandparent that still talks about "that nice coloured man over there" while everyone frantically shushes him.

Lilllabettt

I have the superpower of finding bathrooms.  It is very useful.

Not to overshare here but after I had a colectomy I developed that superpower as well. we should audition for a spot on the avengers.