An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Walks Across America Thread - California To Maine!

AnneLine

Spem in alium

Spem you will be in my prayers on Friday. What time is the appointment?

Thanks so much. It's at 3:15pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time). I also have an appointment with a dermatologist tomorrow (Thursday) at 11:30AM AEST. If you could, please pray for that too.

Spem in alium

Thanks so much. It's at 3:15pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time). I also have an appointment with a dermatologist tomorrow (Thursday) at 11:30AM AEST. If you could, please pray for that too.

Dermatology appt went well (as in, I don't need treatment or surgery or anything!). Now for the ortho tomorrow. 

I did a heap of walking today (at least, more than I've been doing lately)! 

Spem in alium

Thanks for praying for me, friends. I need to have an MRI next week. Doc thinks I have a torn meniscus. I'm hoping I get some answers.

Hi, all,

I am SO SORRY I have been so off-Phatmass the last few weeks, and so MIA in this thread.  Thank you to all of you who prayed for me and my family, and for the nice PMs and emails you have sent.    I love you all!!!!

the funeral for my MIL was on the 3rd, and I'd hoped to get back to going start of the next week.  BUT a  close friend -- our own Tigger60, to be exact! - had an emergency in her family (her husband ended up in the hospital and for a while in the ICU in my city, which is about 50 miles from THEIR city) so we unexpectedly had a house guest and a lot of crazy stuff happening!  

But Mr.Tigger is doing better, and I am finally digging out of a month of dirty laundry (from before MIL's sudden last illness....) and a lot of other backed up work! 

My hope is to get the walking chart caught up over the weekend.  I have also invested in a new pair of walking shoes, which appears to have given new life to my pedometer as well (i don't get it, but I don't gotta get it....)... so hopefully we can get back to moving very soon!!!!!   And maybe I'll get us the last installment of the last place we were at in a day or so to get us started moving again.  

So.... get new batteries for the pedometers and new treads on your walking shoes... maybe invest in a glow-in-the dark vest for night walking if needed.. .and let's get ready to move out again!!!!!

Thanks for praying for me, friends. I need to have an MRI next week. Doc thinks I have a torn meniscus. I'm hoping I get some answers.

Spem,

I was wondering if it might be a meniscus tear.  My boss had one at one point (in his case from skiing).   If so they may want to do some arthroscopic surgery or some such....

Obviously everyone is different, but after that he was right as rain, so could be a very good option for you!   Holding good thoughts.....

Edited by AnneLine

Spem in alium

Still thinking of you, Mr AL and the family, and Tigger and Mr T too!

I've done 13 miles this week.

Spem,

I was wondering if it might be a meniscus tear.  My boss had one at one point (in his case from skiing).   If so they may want to do some arthroscopic surgery or some such....

Obviously everyone is different, but after that he was right as rain, so could be a very good option for you!   Holding good thoughts.....

Thanks AL, much appreciated. To be honest, I'm hoping they find something on the scan. I'd much prefer knowing what the issue is and having some idea of how to treat it than having no clue and no explanation for the pain. I was originally told (by the same surgeon) that things would clear up six months after my injury...and he was quite surprised I'm still having trouble after all this time. He did mention surgery as being the method of treatment if it is the meniscus.
God's will be done! :)

hi all it has been a long week with my husband in the hospital and me trying to get from point A to point B. Anyway just wanted to let you know that for the week of 10/5/14-10/11/14 I got 12.65 miles and for the week of 10/12/14-10/18/14 i got 16.95. So please keep me and my husband in your prayers and I will try to keep moving.

Spem in alium

hi all it has been a long week with my husband in the hospital and me trying to get from point A to point B. Anyway just wanted to let you know that for the week of 10/5/14-10/11/14 I got 12.65 miles and for the week of 10/12/14-10/18/14 i got 16.95. So please keep me and my husband in your prayers and I will try to keep moving.

Prayers and peace. :)

Spem in alium

8 miles (walking, mostly, but also some housework). I'm hoping I can do a little more walking over the weekend, but it's kind of hard at the moment. 

Sheesh, don't sweat it, Spem!  Let that knee heal!!!!!!    You will always ALSO get the 'breathing' credit -- and I hope to get this stuff caught up in the next day or so!

Spem in alium

Sheesh, don't sweat it, Spem!  Let that knee heal!!!!!!    You will always ALSO get the 'breathing' credit -- and I hope to get this stuff caught up in the next day or so!

:) Yay for those breathing miles!
I just hate resting! I much prefer to be running around doing things, so will still try and do work and chores even when I'm at home and meant to be taking time out... :paperbag:  

I am taking it easy though - most hours during the day I'm wearing a compression bandage, which gives me a bit more stability, and am following doc's orders and avoiding bending, squatting and twisting, which has been really good in limiting the amount of work I can do :) I'm trying not to push myself if I feel pain, so I feel like it's getting easier to manage.

Updated book thread a few moments ago.... later today... aiming at getting our little wagon train moving east!   So get some new laces for your walking shoes or check the pressure in your wheels... we are moving out!!!

WesternLifeOutfitters_%20LargeText.gif

Hi, everyone, I just figured out my actual mileage since our last count, and we are so behind I don't want to try to recreate it for everyone.

I would like to get a sense of what those who are left walking with us (or who want to start doing so!) would like to do.

OPTION 1.   We can just stop.  Period.  We walk down into Grand Canyon, and just stay there.  No more nuffin, and this thread dies.  (Warning -- it is VERY hot and VERY cold there... and no food.  I do NOT recommend this option!!!!

OPTION 2.   Keep the travel log, and minimize the exercise element.  We can just say we travel about 200 miles a week on average (this is actually what we have been doing) AND I'll do the travel log thing each week.   No mileage count will be done formally, but anyone who WANTS to post actual mileage (and it is a VERY GOOD motivator and reality check!) can do it.  Makes my life easier, but the down side is, I think we actually will NOT move as much... we'll become couch travelers.

OPTION 3.   We start moving, check in our miles each week, and enjoy our trip.   We can continue to count actual miles from this point on.  I'll give everyone 500 miles since our last count, and we'll start the actual count again from here.   If we do that, each WEDNESDAY is the FINAL DAY to get in mileage for the week ending the Saturday before.  (Weeks go from Sun thru Sat).  I'll plan to post the count on Thursday-- and a location update over the weekends.   You guys need to post numbers AND nudge me if I flake out.  This has the advantage that we don't go back and do nuffin, but we stay honest from this time forward.

I vote for the last option, but everyone gets a voice!   Looking forward to hearing from these people who have participated thus far:

AnneLine

BG45

BrandelynMarie

CarterMia

CrossCut

L&T

Maximillion

Spem In Alium

TheresaThoma

Tigger60

xTrishaxLynnx

If you don't vote in a reasonable amount of time... I'll nudge again.... If I don't hear from you after that, I will presume you aren't traveling with us any further.  

I'd hate to lose anyone....

WHICH DO YOU PREFER????????  or do you have a better idea?

OPTION 1.   We can just stop. 

OPTION 2.   Keep the travel log, and minimize the exercise element.

OPTION 3.   We start moving, check in our miles each week, and enjoy our trip.

Or provide a different option!

NO MORE OF THIS!

tumblr_mlv2qweh2r1rpkmfao1_500.gif?w=640

MORE OF THIS!

interaktiv_bunny_walk05.gif?w=590