An Old School Catholic Message Board

Reunion Thread (reunion Drama?)

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

Try Teavana :coffee:

http://www.teavana.com/

Very expensive, but decadent, a little goes a long way... I mix Strawberry Cream with Slimful Chocolate Decadence to make a chocolate -covered strawberry. ;)

:wave: HI Puella!

Hi there! I think you'd entered when I was last active, but you were [i]legendary[/i]. I'm like in awe of ye.

OnlySunshine

Thank you!

It's hard to describe (not that I'd want to on the internet anyway), but in some ways it feels like coming full circle. The terms people used ('Learning about yourself' or somesuch) seemed so paltry and inadequate, and then you walk through fire, and they seem even more inadequate, and then you pick yourself up and carry on, and you realise that those silly and shallow phrases really are the best you can do - because using more words wouldn't express things better.

Gosh that was a heavy paragraph. Time to make some more tea.

attachicon.gifUK-mug-of-tea.jpg

I know what you mean, completely.  I used to be so immature in my discernment (and probably intellectually, too) but things have certainly changed.  It feels different once your discernment has matured and is no longer in that "honeymoon" stage where you're annoying bubbly and flippant about everything.  You no longer act like you are so sure about everything, either, because nothing is for sure until you make final vows.  I love when that happens.  :)

Deus te Amat

It's hard to describe (not that I'd want to on the internet anyway), but in some ways it feels like coming full circle. The terms people used ('Learning about yourself' or somesuch) seemed so paltry and inadequate, and then you walk through fire, and they seem even more inadequate, and then you pick yourself up and carry on, and you realise that those silly and shallow phrases really are the best you can do - because using more words wouldn't express things better.

Gosh that was a heavy paragraph. Time to make some more tea.

Heavy, but well put. And at that point, all you really can do is let your soul cry out to Jesus, because He knows the words, even when we don't.

As my homegirl St. Catherine says (picture her twisting my ear here),

I want you to want things to go not your own way but they way of the one who Is. You will then be stripped of your own will and clothed in His... Then you will accept this circumstance and every other, however difficult, realizing that it must be for our own good.

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

Deus te Amat

another tea question: milk first or milk after?

I mean assuming you're not using a tea bag.

After. How else will you know the perfect tea to cloud ratio?

puellapaschalis

another tea question: milk first or milk after?

I mean assuming you're not using a tea bag. 

After. The order is 1) tea, 2) sugar, 3) milk.

Else the sugar might not dissolve so well, and the previous point that you don't want to make it overly milky.

After. The order is 1) tea, 2) sugar, 3) milk.

Else the sugar might not dissolve so well, and the previous point that you don't want to make it overly milky.

That and warm the tea pot up while the water is boiling.  

My go to tea is orange pekoe, but I'm going to have to try some of the suggestions on this thread.  

Anyone wanna talk teapots?

brandelynmarie

I am fond of English Breakfast tea, steeped with green cardamom pods & a splash of milk, bit of sugar. Homemade chai!

Lilllabettt

I am fond of English Breakfast tea, steeped with green cardamom pods & a splash of milk, bit of sugar. Homemade chai!

ah chai. 

i can't get behind green tea though. perhaps i'm doing it wrong.

i tried to make myself like earl grey in order to be fancy. but it tasted of feet. 

maybe steeped too long

puellapaschalis

Do not make your teapots out of chocolate.

Instead give me your chocolate.

And the tea.

hoosieranna

I'm a fan of ginger tea myself.  It helps a rumbly stomach.

You are very much welcome back.

Deus te Amat

I'm a fan of ginger tea myself. It helps a rumbly stomach.

This thread is bringing Phatmass phriends out of the woodwork. If this keeps up I will soon feel like I'm back in high school...

puellapaschalis

I'm a fan of ginger tea myself.  It helps a rumbly stomach.

Dayyyyyng, hello!

Ginger tea sounds disgusting, if I'm being honest.

This thread is bringing Phatmass phriends out of the woodwork. If this keeps up I will soon feel like I'm back in high school...

Anything but high school! No!