An Old School Catholic Message Board

Reunion Thread (reunion Drama?)

puellapaschalis

I prefer fruity and herbal teas without sugar or milk.

A good, well steeped standard English Breakfast/Earl Grey type tea, I like a little sugar and milk in it. My relationship with tea is complicated.

Me too on both counts. But usually I skip the sugar and just try to get the optimum combination of heat, strength and milk. I like me a 'builder's brew' - tea like cement :)

porziuncola

By the way to anyone who's been here four years or more, I used to be active here under the sn zunshynn. (I can't believe it's been that long since I was here!)

I can't remember the password to that account and no longer have access to the email associated with it, so I made a new account awhile ago, but just came back again.

So hi! Good to see so many of you again!

Nihil Obstat

I do not really drink herbal or fruit teas, but I love all the standards. Pu-er, Oolong, Green, decent quality Earl Grey, etc..

Only time I sweeten my tea is for my cold treatment, which is Earl Grey with honey and lemon and rum.

truthfinder

Nothing in mine except sometimes lemon juice if I have a cold.  I buy my tea cheap but I'm really like both English and Irish Breakfast tea.

puellapaschalis

Am I the only one here who will only drink tea with no sugar and no milk? :blink:

When in NL I'll drink most tea with neither milk nor sugar, otherwise people look at you funny. In the comfort of my own home, however....

:wave:

Hey there! How are you?

franciscanheart

Hey there! How are you?

you don't know who i am, do you? :| (it's okay: i don't remember you either.)

puellapaschalis

you don't know who i am, do you? :| (it's okay: i don't remember you either.)

Hughey for life, no?

puellapaschalis

http://youtu.be/1-8LbiVjmXc?t=1m27s

Not sure what's going on with youtube embed.

But anyway ....  Margot from Fortnum and Mason says that milk "before" was originally the way, but later putting in "milk after" became the sign of proper fanciness cuz it indicated that you had better quality china which wouldn't crack if you just poured hot water into your cup.

There is Fortnum and Mason and then there is Yorkshire Tea:

http://youtu.be/d7jj-6OnW38

I used to brew tea and the occasional tisane in a samovar which was from Russia

Edited by Staretz