Socrates Posted August 24, 2014 Posted August 24, 2014 I assume there are some things you believe are inherently evil. I take that position on aggression. I'm not going to change that position because politicians try to scare me with a bogeyman. Robert Higgs has a great quote covering that. I'm not proposing a utopia. I don't know why you keep bringing that up. When you use the word "anarchy", you're referring to an arbitrarily defined area that lacks a central ruler. I can do that with the world. The world is in anarchy. It would only escape anarchy (as you're using the term) with a one world government. Is that what you're arguing for? An area with several different people claiming rulership isn't "anarchy", it's just an area with a lot of different rulers. Yes, less overtly violent rulers are better than more overtly violent rulers. The warlords in the US are better than the warlords elsewhere. Far better. And they believe in silly little rituals that cause them to limit themselves (unless they can come up with cool arguments like "Well, this isn't a war, it's a conflict. So we don't need to muck about with declarations of war" or "Well, these offenses over which you can be imprisoned or fined aren't legislation, they're regulation, so it's totes cool that we don't have to vote on them") in their exercise of power. They don't chop off arms. They have better organization and cooperation. Hell, if we just pan back to Canada, the US, and Mexico, that's your use of the term "anarchy". We're talking about two different things. Do you support jury nullification? Always trying to change the topic . . . Yeah, I get it; you're an anarchist. You also apparently have trouble understanding and answering basic questions. I'll repost them here, and try to keep it simple for you by not including a lot of extra words to throw you off course. If the entire idea that a man accused of murder should be tried by jury in a court of law is so incredibly, hilariously ridiculous and stupid, what better alternative do you advocate? When a man is accused (rightly or wrongly) of murdering, raping, or robbing another person, what course of action should be taken? It would be a step in the right direction if society were involved in the court system. I think that would be much better than what we have, now. Who is this "Society" of which you speak?
Winchester Posted August 27, 2014 Posted August 27, 2014 Always trying to change the topic . . . Yeah, I get it; you're an anarchist. You also apparently have trouble understanding and answering basic questions. I'll repost them here, and try to keep it simple for you by not including a lot of extra words to throw you off course. Who is this "Society" of which you speak? I saw no reason to answer them because I wasn't opposing trial by jury itself. You seem to not know what you're talking about, so I'm trying to clarify. As far as the commanding tone you like to adopt, permit a short explanation. 1. This is the internet. 2. Go romance yourself. 5.
Lilllabettt Posted May 8, 2015 Posted May 8, 2015 Thought I would leave this here for all the folks who could not imagine the possibility of the cop in this case being innocent. New York Times: Darren Wilson Is Cleared Of Rights Violations in Ferguson Shooting Washington Post: Justice Department Clears Ferguson Police Officer Full DOJ Report Now ain't you ashamed. That man's life and reputation were ruined and he was innocent. Remember this next time you feel like getting out your pitchforks.
Luigi Posted August 21, 2015 Posted August 21, 2015 (edited) A nine-year-old girl sitting on her mother's bed and doing her homework was shot and killed. Her mother was also wounded. No burning, no looting, no protests. There was, however, a public memorial service (not sponsored by the family - just the public reacting). http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/shots-fired-into-ferguson-home-kill--year-old-girl/article_9981524d-6f21-5e30-aded-20a30b2f02fe.html Ira DeWitt, the wife of the St. Louis baseball Cardinals' manager, will pay for the funeral. http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2015/08/20/ira-dewitt--pay-funeral-expenses--jamyla-bolden/32052715/ I you know any prayers, you might say them for this little girl, her mother, her father, her grandmother, and her siblings. Not to mention the people of Ferguson. Edited August 21, 2015 by Luigi
Lilllabettt Posted August 22, 2015 Posted August 22, 2015 (edited) @Lil Red @ToJesusMyHeart @CrossCuT @KnightofChrist all other people on this thread who where jumping up and down on the cop in this case -- he was innocent determined by a Federal organization to not merit prosecution. So what have you got to say for yourselves? Are you going to go back to everyone who heard you say "he's guilty" and make sure they know the truth? Most Americans don't know the results of the DOJ report because people like yourselves didn't tweet and facebook the hell bells out of it. It didn't play live on CNN. That man will be lucky if he ever works a steady job again. so was it worth it? hmmm? One innocent person burned at the stake so as to uncover systematic racism in the Ferguson police department? Good deal? Edited August 28, 2015 by Winchester Because there's a difference between innocence and opinion of innocence.
Lil Red Posted August 28, 2015 Posted August 28, 2015 (edited) Urm, yeah, sorry. I've barely been on phatmass except to poke around here and there and to update my pregnancy thread. because i'm currently really stressed out about that. #sorrynotsorry and I've been really busy raising two other kids and taking care of my house. Edited August 28, 2015 by Lil Red
Lilllabettt Posted August 28, 2015 Posted August 28, 2015 OK - you've got the 'im pregnant' excuse. Enjoy it while it lasts. In between diaper changes, here's what you do: Pick 5 people and tell them that what they "know" about this incident is a lie - do that, even if they learned that lie from you. Ask them each to tell 5 people. Then your baby can grow up in a world that's got a little less rash judgment and little more truth in it. OK?
Lil Red Posted August 28, 2015 Posted August 28, 2015 OK - you've got the 'im pregnant' excuse. Enjoy it while it lasts. In between diaper changes, here's what you do: Pick 5 people and tell them that what they "know" about this incident is a lie - do that, even if they learned that lie from you. Ask them each to tell 5 people. Then your baby can grow up in a world that's got a little less rash judgment and little more truth in it. OK? I do what I want.
Winchester Posted August 28, 2015 Posted August 28, 2015 Seeing as this thread has now become about pretending the DOJ can find people innocent of crimes and being bitter about other people being pregnant, I'm going to lock it.
Recommended Posts