An Old School Catholic Message Board

Best, Complete, Factual Account Of What's Happening In Ferguson

veritasluxmea

Back up a second here.....

Your fiancee is a she....and you're a female, according to your profile?

My fiance is a male and the She I am referring to is my FB friend who posted the status I was discussing. I smell of elderberries at typing.

Did you ask her about him shoving the store owner? 

Tell the whole story.....

Shoving doesnt deserve the death pentalty either imo...even if there is a stolen $9 pack of swisher sweets involved. Also, I did mention the shoving in an earlier post about the surveillance footage. 

Edited by CrossCuT

Cops still enjoy a high status and praise among mainstream white America. I would imagine courts are biased in their favor whereas the justice system is biased against racial minorities. Cops are allowed to engage in thuggery with virtual impunity whilst every character flaw of a black suspect/victim is analyzed and proffered as a reason as to why the incident happened.

or the whole "IfTheyGunnedMeDown" hashtag on twitter - which photo would the mainstream media use. 

I don't think anybody here has all the facts, and thus we are in no position to judge anybody guilty or innocent.

Let this cop be tried in a court of law, like we do in civilized societies.  If found guilty, let him be punished accordingly.

This should be stating the obvious, but violent rioting and looting does absolutely nothing to gain justice - for anybody.  It's thuggery pure and simple.

Edited by Socrates

Let this cop be tried in a court of law, like we do in civilized societies.  If found guilty, let him be punished accordingly.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This should be stating the obvious, but violent rioting and looting does absolutely nothing to gain justice - for anybody.  It's thuggery pure and simple.

This.

The more it's about looting and burning, the less it's about justice. 

The Ferguson Market was where all this started; it's where Michel Brown stole cigars and roughed up the owner. The owner didn't release the security video, but when it was discovered and released, the Ferguson Market was looted. Tonight it was burned. 

Also, I heard rumors - but that's all they are - that Michael Brown's family invited some sort of celebrity forensic pathologist to examine the body. Apparently this guy says that Michael Brown was shot in the front, not the back. Anybody heard anything about it? Who is this celebrity forensic pathologist? I don't watch television - who knew there celebrity forensic pathologists, much less that they were on television? 

Credo in Deum

Let this cop be tried in a court of law, like we do in civilized societies. If found guilty, let him be punished accordingly..

[media]http://youtu.be/miVoe7U6Lx4[/media]
[media]http://youtu.be/Hh_gIxTitMM[/media]

This.

The more it's about looting and burning, the less it's about justice.

The Ferguson Market was where all this started; it's where Michel Brown stole cigars and roughed up the owner. The owner didn't release the security video, but when it was discovered and released, the Ferguson Market was looted. Tonight it was burned.

Also, I heard rumors - but that's all they are - that Michael Brown's family invited some sort of celebrity forensic pathologist to examine the body. Apparently this guy says that Michael Brown was shot in the front, not the back. Anybody heard anything about it? Who is this celebrity forensic pathologist? I don't watch television - who knew there celebrity forensic pathologists, much less that they were on television?

Michael Baden. Used to be the pathologist for New York City, I think. He's brought in on lots of high profile stuff. He's a bit of a camera lover, but also professional and eminently qualified.

Yeah. There are stories in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and in the New York Times.  

It looks like the cop tried to wing him - one shot to the right hand, three shots to the right arm. But there are also two in the head, and maybe one in the neck - and maybe even one in the eye. I can't quite make out all the markings. 

There's also a video circulating from last Saturday, with Brown still laying in the street, that has a background conversation between someone who saw what happened and someone who didn't. The one who saw is telling the one who didn't that Brown had been walking away from the cop, then turned around and charged him. 

That being the case, I think it's a good thing that this Michael Baden was called in, and that the attorney general has ordered an independent autopsy (although I have questions about one autopsy possibly interfering with subsequent autopsies? But I don't know). The more independent voices the better. 

unfortunately, not just in Ferguson, but all over our country, the police are seemingly getting away with more and more beatings and killings that are not justified. I don't have faith that this will be any different. 

or as Winchester put it:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you misunderstand. which i anticipated, hence why i inserted a * with the words "note use of rhetorical "you"

I assume you (am using the non rhetorical you) do not actually think lynch mobs, political prosecutions, and public square trials are ay-oh-kay for objects of social scorn.

correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't know who else you could be referring to when you said "people don't like having irony pointed out to them" but whatever, it's besides the point. I'll let it go.

I don't think they're "ay-oh-kay" but I understand them as a reaction to chronic injustice. It may not a Christian "turn the other cheek" while you keep getting slapped around reaction, but an understandable human reaction. And I see this reaction as trying to compensate for the lack of justice which these communities must endure. If police were held accountable and there wasn't so much racial bias in the courts, do you think they'd have to rage this hard just to get anyone's attention? Because that's all they're really doing is bringing attention. The opposition (law enforcement) will still win, largely in part to people like you and others who think that it's a fair fight, tit-for-tat sort of thing going on between the police and the black community.

Really? That's too bad, because the body count and incarceration rate of black people vs. cops is pretty lopsided, but whatevs. 

This.

This is a big problem. But its an entire conversation itself...although one that is worth having. 

• Winchester locked this topic