An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bishop Schneider: "obvious Manipulation" At Synod

Nihil Obstat

I agree. All of us are fallen human beings capable of all sorts of attractions.

Only attraction I'm capable of is hot women. Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

No I would not. It is possible for any man to do good or to do evil. God did not create us to be good or evil in the way the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West. Man is not an collective of automatons.

I don't think Lilllabettt, Socrates and I disagree. I think I failed at sarcasm in my first sentence. Edited by KnightofChrist

Proposed amendment: scotch and pipe tobacco as opposed to Jack Daniel's and cigars.

i dont smoke or drink but I play cards.

Credo in Deum

Proposed amendment: scotch and pipe tobacco as opposed to Jack Daniel's and cigars.

Camel wides and some Mad Dog 20/20.

I would.

My mother, married to my father for ~20 years left him for a woman. She went to a touchy feeling super high emotion retreat and left the retreat cheating on him.

Maybe she was bisexual, or a lesbian the whole time! The same process happens with people in therapy too sometimes. It doesn't mean her sexuality changed (what people say and how they try to live, or conform, is a bit more complicated. Psychosocial expectations play a part). Bishop Gene Robinson would be a famous example of the point. He acted at trying to be an outward heterosexual for many years, and did fairly well on a surface level (wife and children etc) until it all fell apart.

Only attraction I'm capable of is hot women.

I'll drink to that :cheers: . Some people seem to think they'll go to bed heterosexual and wake up homosexual one day.  The world will turn glitter in an instant. So, yeah, whatever that means :sailing:

Credo in Deum

Maybe she was bisexual, or a lesbian the whole time! The same process happens with people in therapy too sometimes. It doesn't mean her sexuality changed (what people say and how they try to live, or conform, is a bit more complicated. Psychosocial expectations play a part). Bishop Gene Robinson would be a famous example of the point. He acted at trying to be an outward heterosexual for many years, and did fairly well on a surface level (wife and children etc) until it all fell apart.

What's funny about this is if someone identified as a heterosexual but then identified themselves as a homosexual you say "they must have always been gay" and if someone who used to identify as homosexual but then later on identifys themselves as a heterosexual then that person is accused of "never being gay." The best part in all of this is the only people taken seriously are the ones that advocate "I was born this way and can never change", while the ones that have changed and who claim that it is possible to change are automatically dissmissed by society and told they do not know what they're talking about and that they must be confused and that they were either once gay always gay or never gay at all.

PhuturePriest

What's funny about this is if someone identified as a heterosexual but then identified themselves as a homosexual you say "they must have always been gay" and if someone who used to identify as homosexual but then later on identifys themselves as a heterosexual then that person is accused of "never being gay." The best part in all of this is the only people taken seriously are the ones that advocate "I was born this way and can never change", while the ones that have changed and who claim that it is possible to change are automatically dissmissed by society and told they do not know what they're talking about and that they must be confused. They were either once gay always gay or never gay at all.

It's amazing in this society of tolerance and scientific advance that something like claiming your sexual attraction has changed is not allowed and will get you shut down and turned away immediately, but if you claim that you are in fact a woman and change your name to Rosetta, everyone takes it as Gospel truth.

For some reason, I just can't help but think that these scientific experts don't have agenda of some sort and will reject everything that disagrees with it.

Edited by FuturePacker

but if you claim that you are in fact a woman and change your name to Rosetta, everyone takes it as Gospel truth.

Sister Rosetta goes before us.

Maybe she was bisexual, or a lesbian the whole time!

Or maybe she actually developed an attraction based on close personal intimate moments with people of the same gender!