An Old School Catholic Message Board

White Privilege?

Anastasia13

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

White Privilege and bigotry Evil Racist Capitalist/Imperialist Amerikkka against anyone not white, or with "ethnic-sounding" names, is so overwhelming and pervasive that a black (or half-black) guy with a name like "Barack Hussein Obama" could never get elected dog-catcher, much less to high political office.

We urgently need more government activism to fix this huge problem.   

. . . Oh, wait,

​And what about when whats his name was elected, bush, and how the two candidates up for election both from different parties and both where from the skull and bone society, both free masons?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

and although the free masons have had varying degrees of influence of U.S and english society, it has sky rocketed in the U.S and perhaps Britain in the last 100 years, did you know england offered free t.v's to every citizen of england recently, T.V is the illumanati free masons number 1 tool for subduing society and making us like them. And the senility that the british crown has become over the last 100 years over the law and order of the commonwealth.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Nihil, i don't get it. Your dream bubble is about to get burst? yes? Radio waves dude, how did buzz aldren speak to earth from the moon on the radio without a booster every 200 odd kilometers?

Is Rachel Dolezal using her white privilege to pass as Black?

​Apparently she was instead trying to gain some Black Privilege, which has now been stripped from her.

I'm ashamed to be white by some of the comments in this thread alone.

​Yeah, racial self-loathing is pathetic.

​Um, fake story (see comments section).  Find a legitimate news site.

​ Thanks for pointing that out… very careless of me  to have posted that without verifying it… I'm definitely glad that it's fake.

In principle there is nothing wrong with hiring a white man over an equally competent black man. Skin color affects social cohesion and is thus a relevant factor for a business - as well as for a nation. 

There is nothing inherent about skin color that affects social cohesion. Do you see light green frogs discriminating against dark green frogs? Skin color only affects social cohesion in a racist society. It is racism that produces that effect, not anything inherent in skin color difference itself. White people, African Americans, Asian Americans, etc. each come in hundreds of different shades. By your logic we should each take a skin color shade test and form functional units among those who have the closest shades (all other factors equal). That seems rather silly to me.

What you seem to suggest here is that we should acquiesce to racism, rather than work to make the world as it should be (where people do not discriminate on the basis of skin color). If the black person and the white person are equally competent then the decision on who to hire should be made based on personality fit or some other factor. To say "I will choose him because he is white and the other employees here are white" is to engage in racism.

​Yeah, racial self-loathing is pathetic.

It's not racial self loathing. It's just the over the top blatant racist comments I'm reading on a Catholic website . It's not the first time it's happened on Phatmass. Still love it here but without question there are  some racist clowns who post here. And I'm not talking about you. God bless you and your family and I hope things are well.

Edited by Guest

I'm able to acknowledge that my appearance might make my life easier in any number of ways without falling into some sort of guilt spiral about it. It just means I exercise a little bit of critical thought in evaluating the experiences of other people.

There is nothing inherent about skin color that affects social cohesion. Do you see light green frogs discriminating against dark green frogs? Skin color only affects social cohesion in a racist society. It is racism that produces that effect, not anything inherent in skin color difference itself. White people, African Americans, Asian Americans, etc. each come in hundreds of different shades. By your logic we should each take a skin color shade test and form functional units among those who have the closest shades (all other factors equal). That seems rather silly to me.

What you seem to suggest here is that we should acquiesce to racism, rather than work to make the world as it should be (where people do not discriminate on the basis of skin color). If the black person and the white person are equally competent then the decision on who to hire should be made based on personality fit or some other factor. To say "I will choose him because he is white and the other employees here are white" is to engage in racism.

​Actually, biological research shows that animals are usually less likely to mate with individuals whose appearance deviates significantly. 

If prefering a white employee over a black one due to social cohesion concerns is to engage in racism, c'est ca. I'm not going to subscribe to an absurd and utopian colour-blindness because of the total war Americans have to wage on alleged 'racism'.