An Old School Catholic Message Board

convent cake thread

vee

Forget everything else, its the style and flavor of the cake after vows that really matters! :P

:eat:

c83ec03c5c6a5036ad6ed93d973d96a0.jpg

Ill start with teh dsmme, I think they need a bigger cake!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr. Mary Magdalene's First Profession with her cake made by her novice mistress!

IMG_6107.thumb.JPG.544c4f77d1b8996b80e71

ooooh the Paulines have cupcakes too!!!!  They also seem to be tied with the dsmme for biggest cake cutting knife so far! :hehe:

Sr Mary Magdalene's cake looks very professional but what flavor was it? :|

ok the first dsmme pic isnt mine.  Ive been to a vows there but that wasnt it.  This is my cake pic from the one I went to.  The three tier cake is just for looks while the other pieces of cake are for eating and eat I did!  It was delish!

226109_10150399403943018_2439389_n.jpg?o

dominicansoul

Sr. Mary Catharine, that cake looks so professional!  Have you considered selling baked goods as a possible fund raiser? 

I know for a fact that Orthodox nuns eat cake, but I can't find any photos of them even near one! <_<

puellapaschalis

The sight of a bunch of OSBs fighting over a (albeit cake) knife is...um...

...hilarious :)

Sr Mary Catharine OP

ooooh the Paulines have cupcakes too!!!!  They also seem to be tied with the dsmme for biggest cake cutting knife so far! :hehe:

Sr Mary Magdalene's cake looks very professional but what flavor was it? :|

​I don't remember! Maybe it was chocolate? The funny thing is that we actually forgot all about it as Sister's first profession was at an early Mass and we had a breakfast afterwards.

My mom was a professional cake decorator and she "made" us learn when we were teenagers. I do it so rarely that it is more work than I remember and nothing seems to go quite right! And I'm old fashioned! The new style cakes are more with a marzipan coating like the one with the Archbishop.

My mom didn't even make the one for my profession!

HopefulHeart

These pictures are all proof that as a nun or sister, you really can have your cake and eat it, too. ;)