An Old School Catholic Message Board

convent cake thread

vee

And a few more, also from the Mt. Thabor Dominicans (now that I figured out how to post pictures!)...

09%20Fun.jpg

11159525_1076258302390918_67505141938628

10436132_906845212665562_789962302097304

​This looks like a lovely very small monastery which could use vocations. They do appear to have three young(er) members, one a novice.

AveMariaPurissima

​This looks like a lovely very small monastery which could use vocations. They do appear to have three young(er) members, one a novice.

​Yes, it is. :nun1::):heart:

Found one - and I had to search in three languages to get it! :smile3: 

inok3.jpg

​Marigold, who and where and when?   :)

AveMariaPurissima

​ve, ditto.  Who and where and when (if available, of course)  :)  ...?

​Sisters of the Lord and Virgin of Mátara.  The picture is from a Facebook page connected (although perhaps not officially, I don't really know) with the community.  I think the page was written in Portuguese?  Sorry, I don't know much -- I was just like, "Oooh, nuns + cake, I have to post this in the VS thread!" ;)

sr.christinaosf

I worked last night and had a little extra time so I made rhubarb coffee cake for Sunday breakfast, etc.  I was a little disappointed in it.  The consistancy turned out perfect and it baked well but the tartness of the rhubarb came through a little bit more strongly than I would care for.  Next time (if there is a next time) I would soak the rhubarb in sugar overnight first.  As it turns out, I should consider making some icing for it.  Lesson to be learned: pre-soak your rhubarb when making coffee cake.

Its not a nun/sister with a cake but a model of one on a cake, so I guess that kinda counts :|

10462978_345215538962727_498796259973658

​Piggies!

in Mosul Iraq

p1080619.jpg

​Those poor heads it must be even more painful cause they are not wearing wimples since that covers the front you know.

NadaTeTurbe

​Those poor heads it must be even more painful cause they are not wearing wimples since that covers the front you know.

​It's a little sacrifice :) And it doesn't stop them to be smiling ! Think they are living in Irak, where it is very dangerous for Christian, I'm sure they have seen or suffer worst :(