An Old School Catholic Message Board

convent cake thread

vee

Sponsa-Christi

This was me with my cake after my consecration. (Chocolate with buttercream frosting, for those who are wondering! :) )

47 (2).jpg

This was me with my cake after my consecration. (Chocolate with buttercream frosting, for those who are wondering! :) )

47 (2).jpg

​Are you a consecrated Virgin then?

Sponsa-Christi

​Are you a consecrated Virgin then?

​Yes. I was consecrated in January 2009.

If I make to 100 or any age close to it, I hope that I look as good as Sr. Francis Gabriel!! 

Sr Mary Catharine OP

At the time we weren't allowed to stay in the parlor doing the meal but we could come back for cake. Well, everyone thought I was GONE so they just cut it! After that, the community changed things and now most of the community comes down to the parlor to visit during the reception. The sister making profession usually doesn't get to eat until much later anyway!

14995256952_32e51736b7_b.jpg

Edited by Francis Clare
tried to post a pic and it didn't work

sr.christinaosf

Wow...I'm not doing anything that fancy, just making a couple rhubarb jello cakes for our upcoming ice cream social.
I hope and pray it goes well as I've never made this before.  
I would like to use milk instead of water since I think it would add a nice flavor and I have some milk on hand that was starting to turn sour; sour ilk can be very good in baking.  If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, let me know please.  
Thanks, 
Sister Christina Marie
https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com

PS: I could consider doing an article about it if I don't already have an article scheduled by another one of our sisters in honor of the Feast of the Sacred Heart on Friday.  

Wow...I'm not doing anything that fancy, just making a couple rhubarb jello cakes for our upcoming ice cream social.
I hope and pray it goes well as I've never made this before.  
I would like to use milk instead of water since I think it would add a nice flavor and I have some milk on hand that was starting to turn sour; sour ilk can be very good in baking.  If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, let me know please.  

​yes, post pics of the cake when youre done! :smile2:  other suggestions include strawberry rhubarb pie!! :eat::|

sr.christinaosf

This cake recipe sounds really easy - I think it may be referred to as a "dump" cake because you just DUMP everything in; first the rhubarb, sugar, jello, cake mix, melted butter and water (or milk if I decide to be adventurous.

I always try to pray to St. Martha and Mary when starting a culinary adventure.  

sr.christinaosf

10342412_1457299474581778_63121673093816

Here's a picture as requested.  My mom helped me make two cakes for our social.  Can't wait to taste it. :)

Sr. Christina M. Neumann

NadaTeTurbe

I think we need to open a cooking tread ! I have lot of recipes to share :) 

​I created it in the open mic :) 

Was it good, sister ? 

sr.christinaosf

I just tried the tiniest corner but not really enough to judge well.  We'll be serving it Sunday for our pie and cake ice cream social.  What counts, I guess, is if the guests enjoy it.  :)