An Old School Catholic Message Board

convent cake thread

vee

Thanks for sharing!  I hope your social goes well, then again how could it not go well with such a theme!

sr.christinaosf

I'm going to make a cherry supreme dessert with the leftover ice cream that gets melty - a crumbly crust, ice cream, more crust on top and topped off with hot cherry pie filling - yummy.

IgnatiusofLoyola

I'm going to make a cherry supreme dessert with the leftover ice cream that gets melty - a crumbly crust, ice cream, more crust on top and topped off with hot cherry pie filling - yummy.

​My blood sugar is rising to dangerous levels just reading this! It sounds wonderful!

Although living alone has its burdens, as a diabetic I'm glad I don't live in Community. I still have a "sweet tooth" and the only way I can keep it under control is to limit the number of sweet things I have in my house. Some diabetics are able to exercise "portion control," but not me. :( Sometimes I'm tempted just by reading about desserts or seeing pictures on the Internet. It's better for me that I simply limit what I let into my house. 

sr.christinaosf

Our Social went pretty well.  We even had a reporter from the local newspaper here.  It'll be interesting to see what they print in tomorrow's paper.  

Sorry about the above....I tried to post 2 pics and got that mess!!!!  When I went to edit, it wouldn't let me.  Mea culpa!!!!!!!!

Sr. Mary Magdalene's First Profession with her cake made by her novice mistress!

IMG_6107.thumb.JPG.544c4f77d1b8996b80e71

​Beautiful picture overall. Lovely nun. Lovely cake.  Someone has studied (or taught?!) cake decorating.

​Sr. Christina, My husband just froze 11 pints of sweet cherries, and we prepared and froze enough sour pie cherries for over 15 pies and put into a freezer stuffed with cherries and peaches from previous crops!

Sorry about the above....I tried to post 2 pics and got that mess!!!!  When I went to edit, it wouldn't let me.  Mea culpa!!!!!!!!

​Post your Google search words and links, if available, and maybe the VS mavens can post it!

​My blood sugar is rising to dangerous levels just reading this! It sounds wonderful!

Although living alone has its burdens, as a diabetic I'm glad I don't live in Community. I still have a "sweet tooth" and the only way I can keep it under control is to limit the number of sweet things I have in my house. Some diabetics are able to exercise "portion control," but not me. :( Sometimes I'm tempted just by reading about desserts or seeing pictures on the Internet. It's better for me that I simply limit what I let into my house. 

​I very much sympathize with this. I notice that communities have a lot of social events as which I am sure there are a lot of yummy things to eat. I also notice that some sisters show the effects of this.  Hard to resist.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Probably that's not an accurate conclusion! I live with sisters who eat everything and everything are are TINY, while others of us, well, if we lived on lettuce for all of Lent we'd probably lose only 5lbs! :(

Posting links is fine too like what TT just shared.  Speaking of which now Im looking through their other posts.