PhuturePriest Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 ...It's been waitin' for ya. So both my flights went really well yesterday, and I daresay I even enjoyed them (even in my initial nervousness, it was difficult not to marvel at flying in the clouds.) I arrived in Detroit last night at 9, and I guess I looked kind of lost, because this nice foreign couple offered to walk with me to get my luggage, and on the way they asked me if I'm studying to become a priest, which I found rather humorous. Michael Voris, a priest, and my new housemates arrived and picked me up, and Michael drove us to his house so I could eat some pizza, as I had not eaten for thirteen hours at that point. I had my official welcoming to Detroit on the way to his house when what we all believed to be a gunshot rather than a firecracker went off near our car. At about 11:30 he drove us to our house and he gave me the grand tour of the north and south studio buildings (the rest of the guys went to our house, as they had already been given it.) It was really cool to see the studio and how everything worked, and I was particularly pleased to see Michael's famed gladius sitting on a stand in his office. He let me know that, despite all the cool things in his office, his pride and joy was all the candy scattered throughout his office, and that the rule was if his door is open everyone is welcome at any time to walk in and take some. In all, I'm quite enjoying myself. The guys and I are about to go and eat some lunch, and then we have a private Mass at four followed by a fourth of July party we're attending at an office lady's house. It should be a good time, at any rate. I'll keep you all posted!
Amppax Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 (edited) ...It's been waitin' for ya. So both my flights went really well yesterday, and I daresay I even enjoyed them (even in my initial nervousness, it was difficult not to marvel at flying in the clouds.) I arrived in Detroit last night at 9, and I guess I looked kind of lost, because this nice foreign couple offered to walk with me to get my luggage, and on the way they asked me if I'm studying to become a priest, which I found rather humorous. Michael Voris, a priest, and my new housemates arrived and picked me up, and Michael drove us to his house so I could eat some pizza, as I had not eaten for thirteen hours at that point. I had my official welcoming to Detroit on the way to his house when what we all believed to be a gunshot rather than a firecracker went off near our car. At about 11:30 he drove us to our house and he gave me the grand tour of the north and south studio buildings (the rest of the guys went to our house, as they had already been given it.) It was really cool to see the studio and how everything worked, and I was particularly pleased to see Michael's famed gladius sitting on a stand in his office. He let me know that, despite all the cool things in his office, his pride and joy was all the candy scattered throughout his office, and that the rule was if his door is open everyone is welcome at any time to walk in and take some. In all, I'm quite enjoying myself. The guys and I are about to go and eat some lunch, and then we have a private Mass at four followed by a fourth of July party we're attending at an office lady's house. It should be a good time, at any rate. I'll keep you all posted! Gunshot or firework is my favorite game! Although it's basically been impossible to play for the last three weeks, and will continue to be hard for the next couple. Anyway, glad it's going well, keep us posted. Edited July 4, 2015 by Amppax
veritasluxmea Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 Apparently you can tell the difference between a gunshot and firecracker by the fact that firecrackers echo, and gunshots don't. Not sure how true that is but there you have it.
NadaTeTurbe Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 Apparently you can tell the difference between a gunshot and firecracker by the fact that firecrackers echo, and gunshots don't. Not sure how true that is but there you have it. This is the most american thing I have ever readHappy everything goes well !
PhuturePriest Posted July 5, 2015 Author Posted July 5, 2015 So today we had a great Fourth of July party at an office lady's house, and we got to know lots of the office people and spend time with them. There are some Pause "extension" guys, who were added on because one of the guys at the office offered to let them live in his house, and I get along with them pretty well. The people who I get along with the best are all in the writer's room with me, so that certainly seems promising. Tomorrow we're going to Michael's house at one, and then at three everyone at the office is coming over as a sort of initiation party. My main objectives are to see Michael's library and to play his wicked chess set in his living room. Michael let us know that he's ordered tons of books for us to read. He ordered so many that a lady at the office said "You expect them to read all of these in one year?" to which he replied "I expect them to read all of these by Christmas, and after that I'll get more." In conclusion, he told us to enjoy our sleep and relaxation tomorrow, as we will be doing lots of work both in and out of the office every day for a year.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 So Detroit... have you been shot at or mugged yet? Or does that start tomorrow?
Ash Wednesday Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 The scattered candy everywhere is pretty funny. Prayers and good luck.
Credo in Deum Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 The scattered candy everywhere is pretty funny. Prayers and good luck. Spiritual consolations before the cross. I like the lots of reading part. @PhuturePriest if you get the time, you should post a list of the books he ordered for you.
PhuturePriest Posted July 6, 2015 Author Posted July 6, 2015 Spiritual consolations before the cross. I like the lots of reading part. @PhuturePriest if you get the time, you should post a list of the books he ordered for you. Will do! Tomorrow we're going to see the filming of a Vortex episode and something else, and then Michael is going to have us in his office so we can read the rules and regulations and have a meeting with him about what's expected of us and what we'll be doing specifically. We had a welcoming party today that began at two and lasted well past eleven, which was very enjoyable. Fifteen minutes ago the guys convinced me to take a few puffs out of a pipe, which was my first time ever smoking. I became lightheaded and now my mouth tastes like ash. It's been two days in Detroit and I'm already being corrupted. Lord save me.
PhuturePriest Posted July 6, 2015 Author Posted July 6, 2015 Pipes are kind of rad. I must admit, I accepted because I wanted to, but that's completely Tolkien's (and Chesterton's) fault.
vee Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 (edited) first its smoking a pipe, next its going over to Ontario to drink. Edited July 6, 2015 by vee geography
Nihil Obstat Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 first its smoking a pipe, next its going over to Ontario to drink. Also kind of rad.
Catlick Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 (edited) May I inquire what the reason of your visit to Voris is? I met Michael some time ago. He's a great guy who combines a burning passion for the Faith with lots of charity and humor. Edited July 6, 2015 by Catlick
PhuturePriest Posted July 6, 2015 Author Posted July 6, 2015 May I inquire what the reason of your visit to Voris is? I met Michael some time ago. He's a great guy who combines a burning passion for the Faith with lotslots of charity and humor. I work for him.
Basilisa Marie Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Is there a hookah bar nearby? You might enjoy that more than a pipe.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Is there a hookah bar nearby? You might enjoy that more than a pipe. Nonsense.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now