PhuturePriest

If I were a man, I would dress like this every day:

Peaky-Blinders-banner.jpg

Hell, I'd even sleep in that.

Talk about

F

L

Y

I would were it not too expensive for my $25 a week paycheck.

Credo in Deum

I think it actually will. 

With that answer I see a political career in your future. ;) :hehe:

Ash Wednesday

They all said that as far as Indian food goes it's super good, so I guess I'm just not a fan of Indian food. It happens.

It is my hope that you, as an apparent Anglophile, can eventually find a good curry to love. :ohno: 

PhuturePriest

It is my hope that you, as an apparent Anglophile, can eventually find a good curry to love. :ohno: 

I don't like curry. I'm very picky about food, and just reading about curry makes me certain I won't like it.

PhuturePriest

Thank you for noticing! My journalism classes have been teaching me well.

Basilisa Marie

Oh, so you noticed that too? :hehe2: ;)

PhuturePriest

So on Friday a newly-ordained Priest visited the studio and had lunch with us, and I really liked him because he had a soft-spoken voice and seemed very humble and holy, so I asked him if I could schedule a confession with him for Saturday, to which he said yes. I went yesterday, and it was bar-none the greatest confession I've ever had. He was extremely easy to talk to, and he went very in-depth and gave me amazing advice. He said it was providential that I had this confession at a shrine dedicated to Saint Therese, and told me to offer up all failures to God and ask him to put them in his wound. In all the confession took about fifteen minutes, and at the end I asked him if he would be my spiritual director, to which he said he would pray over it first and then get back to me in a month.

The dude is nothing short of a mystic.

So on Friday a newly-ordained Priest visited the studio and had lunch with us, and I really liked him because he had a soft-spoken voice and seemed very humble and holy, so I asked him if I could schedule a confession with him for Saturday, to which he said yes. I went yesterday, and it was bar-none the greatest confession I've ever had. He was extremely easy to talk to, and he went very in-depth and gave me amazing advice. He said it was providential that I had this confession at a shrine dedicated to Saint Therese, and told me to offer up all failures to God and ask him to put them in his wound. In all the confession took about fifteen minutes, and at the end I asked him if he would be my spiritual director, to which he said he would pray over it first and then get back to me in a month.

The dude is nothing short of a mystic.

I don't want to hijack, but is it standard procedure for Catholic priests to be able to hear confessions as soon as they're ordained? Just curious.

Nihil Obstat

I don't want to hijack, but is it standard procedure for Catholic priests to be able to hear confessions as soon as they're ordained? Just curious.

Typically yes. In most cases the new priest receives faculties to hear confessions as soon as he is incardinated in a diocese. Which for most priests is in place when he is ordained.

Typically yes. In most cases the new priest receives faculties to hear confessions as soon as he is incardinated in a diocese. Which for most priests is in place when he is ordained.

Interesting. Thanks.