HopefulHeart Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 I am also interested in seeing what books you'll be required to read. Prediction: Dominus Est, by Archbishop Schneider, will be on the list.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 first its smoking a pipe, next its going over to Ontario to drink. Is there a hookah bar nearby? You might enjoy that more than a pipe. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
Norseman82 Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Tomorrow we're going to Michael's house at one, and then at three everyone at the office is coming over as a sort of initiation party. My main objectives are to see Michael's library and to play his wicked chess set in his living room. If it were a true Michael Voris initiation party you'd be in his barber chair and he would be giving you a haircut...
Gabriela Posted July 7, 2015 Posted July 7, 2015 Pipes are kind of rad. You're such a stereotypical trad.
dUSt Posted July 7, 2015 Posted July 7, 2015 If it were a true Michael Voris initiation party you'd be in his barber chair and he would be giving you a haircut... What?
PhuturePriest Posted July 8, 2015 Author Posted July 8, 2015 Everything's going really well. I'm currently eating Indian food for the first time with coworkers.
Archaeology cat Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 Everything's going really well. I'm currently eating Indian food for the first time with coworkers. Get the vindaloo
PhuturePriest Posted July 9, 2015 Author Posted July 9, 2015 Get the vindaloo I have come to the conclusion that Indian food is highly overrated.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 I have come to the conclusion that Indian food is highly overrated. I have come to the conclusion that the Indian food you got was not very good.
veritasluxmea Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 I can't stand anything even mildly spicy so I don't eat Indian food. Garlic Naan bread is good though.
Gabriela Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 I have come to the conclusion that Indian food is highly overrated. I second Nihil's conclusion. Use Yelp to find a better Indian restaurant. Indian is the bomb. If that fails, try Thai. Everybody loves Thai.
PhuturePriest Posted July 9, 2015 Author Posted July 9, 2015 I second Nihil's conclusion. Use Yelp to find a better Indian restaurant. Indian is the bomb. If that fails, try Thai. Everybody loves Thai. They all said that as far as Indian food goes it's super good, so I guess I'm just not a fan of Indian food. It happens. So yesterday the guy I work directly under gave me Saint Louis' consecration book and said "Read part II and write an article on it, and then write a synopsis for days 13-19." It was pretty difficult at first, but after lunch he gave me a bit of direction and I had it done by Evening Prayer. He said it would be posted onto the website next week, so stay tuned for that. Oh, and I don't think I gave a list of the books I'm reading. They are thus: Life of Christ by Fulton Sheen Summa of the Summa by Peter Kreeft Triumph by some guy whose name I can't remember but I'm too lazy to look at the book two feet away from me Revolution and Counterrevolution by some guy whose name will be revealed if you Google it and a theology book on the dogmas of the faith that we haven't officially been given yet but will be. I've seen the syllabus for the rest of this year and it includes several other Kreeft books. The guys at the office have officially nicknamed me Swagmaster. So I guess you could say things are going pretty well.
veritasluxmea Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 Revolution and Counterrevolution by some guy whose name will be revealed if you Google it why was that book recommended? This is literally the content list: I. Germany at the Outbreak of the Revolution. (Oct. 25, 1851) II. The Prussian State. (Oct. 28, 1851) III. The Other German States. (Nov. 6, 1851) IV. Austria. (Nov. 7, 1851) V. The Vienna Insurrection. (Nov. 12, 1851) VI. The Berlin Insurrection. (Nov. 28, 1851) VII. The Frankfort National Assembly. (Feb. 27, 1852) VIII. Poles, Tschechs [Czechs], and Germans. (March 5, 1852) IX. Panslavism. The Schleswig-Holstein War. (March 15, 1852) X. The Paris Rising. The Frankfort Assembly. (March 18, 1852) XI. The Vienna Insurrection. (March 19, 1852) XII. The Storming of Vienna. The Betrayal of Vienna. (April 9, 1852) XIII. The Prussian Constituent Assembly. The National Assembly. (April 17, 1852) XIV. The Restoration of Order. Diet and Chamber. (April 24, 1852) XV. The Triumph of Prussia. (July 27, 1852) XVI. The National Assembly and the Governments. (Aug. 19, 1852) XVII. Insurrection. (Sept. 18, 1852) XVIII. Petty Traders. (Oct. 2, 1852) XIX. The Close of the Insurrection. (Oct. 23, 1852) XX. The Late Trial at Cologne. (Dec. 22, 1852) (via Wiki)
Credo in Deum Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 I think it might be this book? http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Counter-Revolution-Edition-Plinio-Oliveira/dp/1877905178
Nihil Obstat Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 The best Indian food I have ever had was on Easter Sunday in downtown London. Lots of Indians there of course, and they have a culture of authentic Indian dishes. Really amazing dinner that day. One of the best meals of my life.
Lilllabettt Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 Anything that isn't "Christ the King, Lord of History" is a massive step up.
Basilisa Marie Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 (edited) Thai food is excellent, I looooove pad thai and am working my way up the spiciness scale. Keep posting your book lists. Oh, and I'm guessing swagmaster is their version of precious cinnamon roll. Edited July 9, 2015 by Basilisa Marie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now