An Old School Catholic Message Board

Crazy Cat Lady

dominicansoul

AccountDeleted

awww Bella is adorable!

I't's hard to tell because black cats are difficult to photograph - they disappear. Her eyes are the only things that stand out. Her personality is the winner though.

I dont have pets of my own because I live in an apartment that doesnt permit them.  My sister, however, does have pets one of them being a black cat who is the most handsome, sweetest, best cat ever.  So I understand the difficulties of trying to take pics of cats in general and black cats in particular but maybe I have one of him around here somewhere....

dominicansoul

I't's hard to tell because black cats are difficult to photograph - they disappear.

Tell me about it... lol

batty.jpg

AccountDeleted

Awww Batty!

They are getting so big.

I may have to see if I can find a picture of my kitty.

Still waiting for that pic! :) 

I was trying to upload one the other night and PM was just not cooperating

I shall try again now.

453.thumb.JPG.0adbb16dd041a0772357401f8eThe brown tabby is my Noel who I had to put down a couple years ago. The tortie is Sarah and she is still around and living with my mom. They thought the birdseed bag was a bag of cat food and were very interested in the opening of it

422.thumb.JPG.886c2e26e7a551f7ecdf1d1e92And our third kitty. the picture is a bit blurry but this was a common position to find her in. She loved attention from people she knew and when really happy would drool all over you. She was terrified of strangers and it was the funniest thing to watch a 14 pound cat try to slink away when company came over.

dominicansoul

AWWWWWW they are beautiful!  :(  I'm sorry but did you say only one is still with your mom?  :(  I'm sorry about the others..  how long did you enjoy them before they passed?  are cat years like dog years?  what age do cats usually live to?

AccountDeleted

TT - I had a tabby and a tortoiseshell a long time ago - thanks for sharing your photos.

DS - I love the cross stitch look! And such cute kitties.

dominicansoul

thanks!  I've noticed that these two are always together while Batty likes to be alone most of the time.  He was off somewhere in the house when these two posed for the camera.

AccountDeleted

This reminds me of Bella.

black-cat.thumb.jpg.b9999261caaadc0ab92f

and I like this quote:

A rose has thorns, a cat has claws; certainly both are worth the risk.

:) 

AWWWWWW they are beautiful!  :(  I'm sorry but did you say only one is still with your mom?  :(  I'm sorry about the others..  how long did you enjoy them before they passed?  are cat years like dog years?  what age do cats usually live to?

Noel was 13 and she had pancreatic cancer.I was not happy to loose her but I was glad that I was still at home when the time came to make the decision.

Lily was 14 and had something with her spleen I believe.All I can remember from what my mom told me was the treatment would have been long and invasive and it was possible the issue would recur again. We got Lily and Noel at the same time.

Sarah is now about 12 and doing just fine. Our old cat made it to 18 but I know of some cats that made it to 20 years or even older.

dominicansoul

Oh wow ! 20 years?? That's incredible...

Tomorrow my little ones get fixed.  I'm worried, scared, anxious, etc.  What are some of the things you all went through when your loved pets went through this????  please pray for my little ones.  I drop them off at the vet at 7 a.m. tomorrow... :(  

AccountDeleted

Oh wow ! 20 years?? That's incredible...

Tomorrow my little ones get fixed.  I'm worried, scared, anxious, etc.  What are some of the things you all went through when your loved pets went through this????  please pray for my little ones.  I drop them off at the vet at 7 a.m. tomorrow... :(  

Just make sure they don't pull out the stitches! When I first wanted to adopt Bella, I was supposed to pick her up on a Friday but they phoned me to say that she had pulled out her stitches and had to go into the clinic. Then they told me she had contracted cat flu while in the clinic.I didn't get to adopt her for another two weeks! So keep an eye on them!