Lilllabettt Posted August 30, 2015 Author Posted August 30, 2015 Did you ever see Inception? We all yearn for reconciliation, for catharsis.
Socrates Posted August 30, 2015 Posted August 30, 2015 BLAH BLAH BLAH How can I be clearer about this? What you are talking about is exactly what I am talking about and denouncing. People just *knew* the cop was guilty because they just *know* cops are racist. OR they *knew* the cop was guilty because they found out he was white and Michael brown was black and people just *know* how white cops and black men interact. Well guess what? THATS CALLED PREJUDICE. THAT'S CALLED RASH JUDGMENT And guess what? THEY WERE WRONG. Am I the only one infuriated by the irony?? People disgusted by how our justice system lynches black men turning around and trying to lynch white cops? Or I guess just being "OK" with other people lynching them because, hey, black folk got history with white cops? Do we get that thinking someone is more likely to be guilty because of their skin color or occupation IS THE REASON SO MANY BLACK MEN GET SENT TO JAIL???? This attitude IS THE PROBLEM. i am COMPLETELY unmoved by your thoughts on your brother/being critical of the army. Something tells me if your brother killed someone in self-defense, and the world media descended on him announcing his guilt, you would have a problem with it. Or maybe not. Maybe you think him being made to pay for something he didn't do would be "worth it" to shed light on the injustice perpetrated by the army on a systemic level. You might think it's worth it - ruining one innocent man's life so as to bring attention to wider social problems. I do not think it is worth it. I think it is an evil bargain. I believe individual human beings are more valuable than the triumph of a particular ideology. OK? Exactly. There's a reason our law is supposed to operate on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty," though it seems today many on the left want to reverse that, so long as the presumed guilt matches their ideological preferences. Right now, it seems that most of those still insisting that Darren Wilson is a cold-blooded murderer and Michael Brown an innocent victim, are basing their opinion entirely on ideology, prejudice, and emotion, rather than any facts they actually know. Persons need to be tried as individuals, and every case is different. Just because Wilson is innocent, doesn't mean other cops are innocent, and vise-versa. We're seeing too much reason and objectivity tossed aside in favor or ideology and mob mentality. Fair enough. I will say that I think you miss that people do not give the DOJ the regard you do. So if you believe in a skewed justice system the DOJ's ruling is not definitive proof of anything. Even if you do put stock in their ruling that only means they thought he was legally justified, not necessarily morally justified. I'm definitely no fan of Eric Holder and his highly politicized running of the DOJ. However, if even the Department under Holder's race-baiting, left-wing leadership, found no wrongdoing on Wilson's part, that actually enforces the case that he was in fact innocent. This is the DOJ that essentially nationalized the local Ferguson Police Department, after finding it "racist." Believe me, if Holder's DOJ could find any pretext to declare Wilson at fault, it would. And he was already tried by grand jury before the DOJ investigation. It seems now that people are simply screaming that our court systems and DOJ must be lying because they're part of Evil White Racist Amerikkka, rather than providing any real solid evidence of Wilson's guilt.
Socrates Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 And it's no secret that I think people like Lillla, Socrates and the like do a really good impression of cantankerous coots with the emotional range of a teasepoon who glorify ignorance and couldnt empathize their way out of a paper bag. Really, is that the best you've got? You disappoint me. . . . You know, I really object to being lumped in with Socrates. (Sorry Socrates.) Well, dadgum it, I really object to being lumped in with that darned mush-headed bleedin' heart liberal Lilllabettt!! Seriously, though, I thought it was a bit ironic, as we disagree on at least as many things as we agree on.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 Really, is that the best you've got? You disappoint me. . . . Well, dadgum it, I really object to being lumped in with that darned mush-headed bleedin' heart liberal Lilllabettt!! Seriously, though, I thought it was a bit ironic, as we disagree on at least as many things as we agree on. Made me think of this. Couldn't resist...
Socrates Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 Made me think of this. Couldn't resist... So which one is Lillla?
Ash Wednesday Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 I always figured the Dude was the bleeding heart out of the two of them. Abiding and not letting aggression stand and all that. Only I guess his heart doesn't really bleed, does it? It bowls.
Amppax Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 So which one is Lillla? You're definitely Walter.
Socrates Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 I always figured the Dude was the bleeding heart out of the two of them. Abiding and not letting aggression stand and all that. Only I guess his heart doesn't really bleed, does it? It bowls. You're definitely Walter. I know. (Used to sport the Walter avatar, and all. Maybe I'll bring it back.) I figured Lilllabettt was better looking than Jeff Bridges, though. However, the Dude actually got "This aggression will not stand" from President George H. W. Bush.
MIKolbe Posted August 31, 2015 Posted August 31, 2015 We're all sensitive peopleWith so much to give.....
Norseman82 Posted September 1, 2015 Posted September 1, 2015 Winchester peed on my rug. You need to let him out more. Is your yard fenced?
superblue Posted September 2, 2015 Posted September 2, 2015 i just want the option to put Mediators of Meh on ignore, after that i'd be a happy camper as everyone else i have on ignore can't figure out that they are on ignore and are basically replying to make themselves feel better.
dUSt Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 I have vague ideas about what was being implied here but since I can't be sure and could very well be totally off base, it would be nice if the complaint was just voiced clearly and with no ambiguity. The other option of course is for the complainant(s) to PM you directly so you can deal with any perceived problems but there may be hesitations about doing this because you don't always seem to respond well to complaints. Once before when I personally tried to express my concerns to you via a PM, you called me a Debbie Downer and basically made me feel discounted. I felt shut down and decided that I just wouldn't bother addressing any concerns to you anymore - I just observe now and let things run their course, assuming that it will all come out in the wash over time. I respect and admire what you do here with phatmass and still think it's the best Catholic forum online. But that doesn't mean it couldn't use some improvements in some areas. It just depends on how open you are to suggestions from those who post here. But you are right - you can't make changes if you don't know what the problem is, so I hope someone clarifies this point for you, and for all of us who enjoy being here. I apologize for that, but I can't imagine I'd ever call someone a Debbie Downer without it being my attempt to lighten the mood by trying to be funny. I admit, I think I am a lot more funny than other people perceive me to be.
Nunsense Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 I apologize for that, but I can't imagine I'd ever call someone a Debbie Downer without it being my attempt to lighten the mood by trying to be funny. I admit, I think I am a lot more funny than other people perceive me to be. Being funny when someone is upset usually backfires. A person wants to feel heard and understood and that somebody cares about their concerns. That being said, it is good of you to apologize and of course I accept. Maybe I was just in too serious a mood at the time and couldn't see the humor. You can be quite funny in your posts.
Norseman82 Posted September 5, 2015 Posted September 5, 2015 It's sad, but my sweetie is in more danger working the south side of Chicago than he ever was in Iraq. So no good nights sleep for his mother -That's her only son. No good nights sleep for me - That's the only person I ever loved. Your BF is CPD? Works south side? Best wishes for his safety, we just had a wave of 11 murders since Tuesday, including one a couple miles from me. Our former associate pastor is now the CPD chaplain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhWhARo2LxA
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now