An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rash Judgment and Detraction on Phatmass

Lilllabettt

Ash Wednesday

Jaime is a Meh, but he has a life. 

To Credo's credit, without him I'm not sure how much would get done around here. ;) Problem is I often don't have a lot of time to spend on the boards (at least enough to have an eagle eye) so sometimes when bad things go down, I'm not there or don't see it, and by the time I come across it, it's usually too late for me to do much about it. I'm not going to say "HEY YOU PHART HEAD!!!! WARNING ISSUED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!" on someone's post that was made 5 days ago.

Even now, I'm not supposed to be on here and should be working on a freelance job if I want to get to bed at a reasonable time. :|

Lillla, its OK. Thanks. :) I'm often on my own in real life too.. Just less drama about it with my real life friends than online. Could be a way to make me stronger because by nature I'm very sensitive. But I think about this forum there just seem to be a lot of interpersonal stuff - I mean about many people not just me. That bothers me. I've seen really good threads be ignored. I've seen really good posters be ignored. Because they have 0 part in the drama. 

Drama seems to come and go in cycles on Phatmass. There has been a lot of it lately. It will die down again.

I don't have much time to write now, but I want to apologise if I have made you feel unhappy or not liked. I've noticed that you're sensitive and I admire how you handle that - you always try to stay kind and patient with people even when you're obviously upset, and you succeed. I also appreciate your experience as a convert. Sometimes you seem to regret not being a born Catholic, but I think it's lovely to be someone who actively chose the faith in her adulthood and made a radical change to her life in order to live it. I respect people who have done that.

I think if we met in real life we'd probably get on, and we probably wouldn't be dressed all that dissimilar - I'm usually in an ankle-length skirt, wear a mantilla for Mass, etc. You say that your friends in real life don't have a problem with how you dress, and I don't think anyone here has either. But you do post about it a lot, perhaps more than you realise, and often the posts just repeat themselves - it makes me feel as though by sheer persistence you are trying to find the magic key that will get everyone agreeing with you. If you were to deliver a 2000 word speech to your real-life friends about why you dress as you do on a semi-regular basis, they might get a bit exasperated about it. Especially if you showed them an article saying that the reason you do it is because wild animal-like men come running to women who don't. A lot of people are going to be angry or disturbed by that, but if they object to it, that doesn't mean they don't like you or don't value what you write here as a whole.

MarysLittleFlower

Beatitude, thanks for the post, and no worries at all :) I've always liked you. Maybe I over posted on that issue because I wanted so much to feel understood or accepted for this - I noticed this trend in my everyday life too in my family. It bothers me to be disagreed with - which is something I need to work on. I know the article had controversial points, - maybe I should have been more clear that my own approach to modesty isn't completely like the article. For example my reason for dressing the way I do isn't because I think men would attack me otherwise, and I don't at all think that men necessarily attack in that case either. (I know it's often from aggression). Maybe I made it sound like I have the exact view as the article, and that was misleading. Anyways, I will try to be less touchy and post less/better on the topic :)

Lillla, that's really funny about your little work recreation! haha. I'm glad the forum has helped you in that way.

God bless!

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

Credo in Deum

"HEY YOU PHART HEAD!!!! WARNING ISSUED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!"

Yes! Phart head!  I can't wait to use this!  

BLAH BLAH BLAH

How can I be clearer about this?

What you are talking about is exactly what I am talking about and denouncing. People just *knew* the cop was guilty because they just *know* cops are racist. OR they *knew* the cop was guilty because they found out he was white and Michael brown was black and people just *know* how white cops and black men interact.

Well guess what? THATS CALLED PREJUDICE. THAT'S CALLED RASH JUDGMENT And guess what? THEY  WERE WRONG. 

Am I the only one infuriated by the irony?? People disgusted by how our justice system lynches black men turning around and trying to lynch white cops? Or I guess just being "OK" with other people lynching them because, hey, black folk got history with white cops? Do we get that thinking someone is more likely to be guilty because of their skin color or occupation IS THE REASON SO MANY BLACK MEN GET SENT TO JAIL???? This attitude IS THE PROBLEM.

i am COMPLETELY unmoved by your thoughts on your brother/being critical of the army. Something tells me if your brother killed someone in self-defense, and the world media descended on him announcing his guilt, you would have a problem with it. Or maybe not. Maybe you think him being made to pay for something he didn't do would be "worth it" to shed light on the injustice perpetrated by the army on a systemic level.

You might think it's worth it - ruining one innocent man's life so as to bring attention to wider social problems.

I do not think it is worth it. I think it is an evil bargain.

I believe individual human beings are more valuable than the triumph of a particular ideology. OK?

Exactly.

There's a reason our law is supposed to operate on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty," though it seems today many on the left want to reverse that, so long as the presumed guilt matches their ideological preferences.

Right now, it seems that most of those still insisting that Darren Wilson is a cold-blooded murderer and Michael Brown an innocent victim, are basing their opinion entirely on ideology, prejudice, and emotion, rather than any facts they actually know.

Persons need to be tried as individuals, and every case is different.  Just because Wilson is innocent, doesn't mean other cops are innocent, and vise-versa.  We're seeing too much reason and objectivity tossed aside in favor or ideology and mob mentality.

Fair enough. I will say that I think you miss that people do not give the DOJ the regard you do. So if you believe in a skewed justice system the DOJ's ruling is not definitive proof of anything. Even if you do put stock in their ruling that only means they thought he was legally justified, not necessarily morally justified. 

I'm definitely no fan of Eric Holder and his highly politicized running of the DOJ.  

However, if even the Department under Holder's race-baiting, left-wing leadership, found no wrongdoing on Wilson's part, that actually enforces the case that he was in fact innocent.

This is the DOJ that essentially nationalized the local Ferguson Police Department, after finding it "racist."  Believe me, if Holder's DOJ could find any pretext to declare Wilson at fault, it would.

And he was already tried by grand jury before the DOJ investigation.

It seems now that people are simply screaming that our court systems and DOJ must be lying because they're part of Evil White Racist Amerikkka, rather than providing any real solid evidence of Wilson's guilt.

And it's no secret that I think people like Lillla, Socrates and the like do a really good impression of cantankerous coots with the emotional range of a teasepoon who glorify ignorance and couldnt empathize their way out of a paper bag.

Really, is that the best you've got?

You disappoint me. . . .

You know, I really object to being lumped in with Socrates.  (Sorry Socrates.)

Well, dadgum it, I really object to being lumped in with that darned mush-headed bleedin' heart liberal Lilllabettt!!

Seriously, though, I thought it was a bit ironic, as we disagree on at least as many things as we agree on.

Ash Wednesday

Really, is that the best you've got?

You disappoint me. . . .

Well, dadgum it, I really object to being lumped in with that darned mush-headed bleedin' heart liberal Lilllabettt!!

Seriously, though, I thought it was a bit ironic, as we disagree on at least as many things as we agree on.

Made me think of this. Couldn't resist...

dude-walter21.jpg

Ash Wednesday

I always figured the Dude was the bleeding heart out of the two of them. Abiding and not letting aggression stand and all that. 

Only I guess his heart doesn't really bleed, does it? It bowls.

I always figured the Dude was the bleeding heart out of the two of them. Abiding and not letting aggression stand and all that. 

Only I guess his heart doesn't really bleed, does it? It bowls.

You're definitely Walter. 

I know.  (Used to sport the Walter avatar, and all.  Maybe I'll bring it back.)

I figured Lilllabettt was better looking than Jeff Bridges, though.

However, the Dude actually got "This aggression will not stand" from President George H. W. Bush.