An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rash Judgment and Detraction on Phatmass

Lilllabettt

i just want the option to put Mediators of Meh on ignore, after that i'd be a happy camper as everyone else i have on ignore can't figure out that they are on ignore and are basically replying to make themselves feel better. 

I have vague ideas about what was being implied here but since I can't be sure and could very well be totally off base, it would be nice if the complaint was just voiced clearly and with no ambiguity. The other option of course is for the complainant(s) to PM you directly so you can deal with any perceived problems but there may be hesitations about doing this because you don't always seem to respond well to complaints. Once before when I personally tried to express my concerns to you via a PM, you called me a Debbie Downer and basically made me feel discounted. I felt shut down and decided that I just wouldn't bother addressing any concerns to you anymore - I just observe now and let things run their course, assuming that it will all come out in the wash over time.

I respect and admire what you do here with phatmass and still think it's the best Catholic forum online. But that doesn't mean it couldn't use some improvements in some areas. It just depends on how open you are to suggestions from those who post here. But you are right - you can't make changes if you don't know what the problem is, so I hope someone clarifies this point for you, and for all of us who enjoy being here.

I apologize for that, but I can't imagine I'd ever call someone a Debbie Downer without it being my attempt to lighten the mood by trying to be funny. I admit, I think I am a lot more funny than other people perceive me to be.

AccountDeleted

I apologize for that, but I can't imagine I'd ever call someone a Debbie Downer without it being my attempt to lighten the mood by trying to be funny. I admit, I think I am a lot more funny than other people perceive me to be.

Being funny when someone is upset usually backfires. A person wants to feel heard and understood and that somebody cares about their concerns. 

That being said, it is good of you to apologize and of course I accept. Maybe I was just in too serious a mood at the time and couldn't see the humor. You can be quite funny in your posts. :) 

It's sad, but my sweetie is in more danger working the south side of Chicago than he ever was in Iraq. So no good nights sleep for his mother -That's her only son. No good nights sleep for me - That's the only person I ever loved.  

Your BF is CPD?  Works south side?  Best wishes for his safety, we just had a wave of 11 murders since Tuesday, including one a couple miles from me.  Our former associate pastor is now the CPD chaplain: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhWhARo2LxA

Your BF is CPD?  Works south side?  Best wishes for his safety, we just had a wave of 11 murders since Tuesday, including one a couple miles from me.  Our former associate pastor is now the CPD chaplain: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhWhARo2LxA

up until a month ago he was ... they made him turn in his star until he gets back ... right now he is safer where he is, in a foreign country!

I know your former associate pastor ... or at least I have heard stories about him! My sweetie is in the picture with him below (won't tell you which one he is) ... this is one time he ran into Father on the street ... and Father was the only one without a rosary in his pocket! tsk tsk. I am told that he has a mouth on him just as as much as the other gentlemen in this picture, although since I do not allow language in my presence I'm sure I don't know what that entails. my sweetie said he is a good guy.

19-MAR-2014_zpsp0ubymqn.jpg

Ash Wednesday

So we can call people "pricks" on PM?

No.

Nobody was called one directly, but for the record for people on here, I'd rather the term not be thrown around. It has various connotations subject to interpretation, but some of them are considered pretty adult and offensive. 

No.

Nobody was called one directly

Yeah, it was a pretty *WOMP WOMP* post, wasn't it?

Edited by Ash Wednesday