dUSt Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 I just fired Winchester. 1. Too controversial.2. Cusses too much. I hope you people are happy. Anybody else you want fired? Banned? Open, honest and direct. Let's be it.
Nunsense Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 Well, personallyI just fired Winchester. 1. Too controversial.2. Cusses too much. I hope you people are happy. Anybody else you want fired? Banned? Open, honest and direct. Let's be it. Well, personally, I thought Winnie was a lot of fun, but if you really are cleaning house, I think Credo is a bit heavy handed as a Mediator of Meh. From his posts in the Prayer Station, this might be due to some personal problems, but perhaps he could use a break from modding for awhile. In the gen pop, Reyb and oremus1 seem off the planet - like trolls, but I don't know if they should be banned or not. I just ignore them. Keep Ash Wednesday - she's great. Just the right amount of Mediator of Meh intervention! You asked for honesty. I gave it.
Gabriela Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 R u srs, boss? I can think of a lot of Phatmassers I'd like to see given some warnings, but Mediators of Meh? No. They're fine.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 Credo is amesome. You would be making a huge mistake to get rid of him.
veritasluxmea Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 (edited) Actually I was going to suggest what you did in that other thread. I agree with your decision. The best types of Mediators of Meh are the ones who do their own thing and use Mediator of Meh powers enforce the rules when things get to out of hand. Frankly I thought Winchester was biased in shutting down Lil's police thread and in editing Iggy's posts. Funny, but not great modding there. I think Credo's fine. I haven't seen him overmod at all? unless he's giving out warnings or something and I haven't received one. Edited September 4, 2015 by veritasluxmea
Ash Wednesday Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 I'm appreciative that Credo's around when I'm not always able to be on here. (And vice versa, I imagine) If I got too busy to look after the boards without a lot of help, the inmates would run the asylum even more than they already do. So I'm all for keeping the Seattle Bloc.
dUSt Posted September 4, 2015 Author Posted September 4, 2015 @reyb and @oremus1 are on my watch list for trolling.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 While we are on the topic of house cleaning, can Tab be given a phishy tag? If anyone needs one then he certainly does.
dUSt Posted September 4, 2015 Author Posted September 4, 2015 Anybody second giving @Tab'le De'Bah-Rye a Phishy tag?
MarysLittleFlower Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 I vote for Credo to stay. I think being removed = something pretty serious. I never noticed anything negative about him I vote for Credo to stay. I think being removed = something pretty serious. I never noticed anything negative about him
Nihil Obstat Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 Anybody second giving @Tab'le De'Bah-Rye a Phishy tag? I can give you a list of people who agreed last time I suggested it if that helps.
Nunsense Posted September 4, 2015 Posted September 4, 2015 I fourth Tab being Phishy. It's long overdue.
Gabriela Posted September 5, 2015 Posted September 5, 2015 Is Josh phishy at this point, or still just sadly confused between Catholicism and Protestantism?
Nunsense Posted September 5, 2015 Posted September 5, 2015 Actually I was going to suggest what you did in that other thread. I agree with your decision. The best types of Mediators of Meh are the ones who do their own thing and use Mediator of Meh powers enforce the rules when things get to out of hand. Frankly I thought Winchester was biased in shutting down Lil's police thread and in editing Iggy's posts. Funny, but not great modding there. I think Credo's fine. I haven't seen him overmod at all? unless he's giving out warnings or something and I haven't received one. I have had some PMs from other people who have been upset at Credo's modding and needed to vent (since we aren't allowed to criticize Mediators of Meh on the phorum), but since those people haven't bothered to post here, I'll go along with whatever the majority decides. If people don't take a stand, then they can't complain about it afterwards, even in private. And Ash says she needs his help so whatever she needs is good with me. As for the other Mediators of Meh,I don't really see any of them doing anything at all,maybe that's why Ash feels alone. The only way I know they exist is when I click on the link to see who the Staff are! Maybe that's a good thing - they don't overmod. But if Ash feels she needs help, what about these other Mediators of Meh?? Just wondering. And I do think we need a Mediator of Meh on the other side of the world from the USA for when all of the Northern hemisphere is asleep and Korean spammers come to play here. I don't know if Mediators of Meh can do what dUSt did to shut them down (delete the account or something) but maybe a Mediator of Meh from the Southern hemisphere would be worth thinking about - there seem to be plenty around these days. Just a thought. When the hell do I cuss? Oh Winnie, I'm going to miss your modding!!
Gabriela Posted September 5, 2015 Posted September 5, 2015 (edited) Credo's term is almost up, and I say we let the man go out with honor. I haven't personally seen him overmod, but I don't trawl the phorum. Still, what I have seen has always clearly been done with careful forethought and cautious wording. Someone's always going to get upset when a Mediator of Meh steps in. I think it's important to look at the history from an administrative standpoint, not just from the perspective of the participants who got shut down/cautioned/vindicated/defended/whatever. Edited September 5, 2015 by Gabriela
tinytherese Posted September 5, 2015 Posted September 5, 2015 (edited) How about a translator for Tab? His illogical and random posts are hard to make sense of. Edited September 5, 2015 by tinytherese Grammar
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now