An Old School Catholic Message Board

I just fired Winchester

dUSt

Well, I made my offer to try to reconcile via private messenger. There is nothing more I can do. The door has been left open.

With whom?

AccountDeleted

With whom?

Do you want a personal invitation too? You said you didn't dislike me so even though I don't think this is true, I doubted that you felt the need to reconcile with me. I responded to Credo because he said he wasn't going to post to me anymore here in case I reported him for an attack, so I suggested we communicate via pm. I just assumed (not a good thing I know) that you were still comfortable posting to me here. But of course, I am happy to discuss these things via pm if you want to do so. I am so tired of what appears to be unlimited aggression towards me for reasons I can't really fathom. I don't think I am any worse than anyone else here on phatmass.

Do you want a personal invitation too? You said you didn't dislike me so even though I don't think this is true, I doubted that you felt the need to reconcile with me. I responded to Credo because he said he wasn't going to post to me anymore here in case I reported him for an attack, so I suggested we communicate via pm. I just assumed (not a good thing I know) that you were still comfortable posting to me here. But of course, I am happy to discuss these things via pm if you want to do so. I am so tired of what appears to be unlimited aggression towards me for reasons I can't really fathom. I don't think I am any worse than anyone else here on phatmass.

Dude, just a question. Wanted to make sure I was not missing a PM in my inbox, since you did not indicate which person was supposed to receive it.

AccountDeleted

Dude, just a question. Wanted to make sure I was not missing a PM in my inbox, since you did not indicate which person was supposed to receive it.

Have you actually been reading all the posts or not? What happened was this. Credo accused me of things like making people leave phatmass. I asked for clarification. He said he wouldn't post it here because I might report him for a personal attack. I suggested he pm me to discuss this and possibly reconcile. He declined to do even this. I said I offered, the door is open, that's all I can do.

No pms were exchanged yet. 

If you want to pm me, that's fine, but I was speaking specifically in response to Credo's post to me. I have not sent a pm to you or anyone else. I will respond to any sent to me. I think that brings us up to date.

PS - I am not a 'dude'. I am a 60+ year old woman. You are beating up a grandmother.

Edited by nunsense

Have you actually been reading all the posts or not? What happened was this. Credo accused me of things like making people leave phatmass. I asked for clarification. He said he wouldn't post it here because I might report him for a personal attack. I suggested he pm me to discuss this and possibly reconcile. He declined to do even this. I said I offered, the door is open, that's all I can do.

No pms were exchanged yet. 

If you want to pm me, that's fine, but I was speaking specifically in response to Credo's post to me. I have not sent a pm to you or anyone else. I will respond to any sent to me. I think that brings us up to date.

PS - I am not a 'dude'. I am a 60+ year old woman. You are beating up a grandmother.

Act your age then. I am embarrassed for you.

AccountDeleted

Act your age then. I am embarrassed for you.

What is your problem?? You appear to be fundamentally unable to be civil.

What is your problem?? You appear to be fundamentally unable to be civil.

I am being quite civil, but I think the way you are conducting yourself is unacceptable, and I am telling you so.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

AccountDeleted

I am being quite civil, but I think the way you are conducting yourself is unacceptable, and I am telling you so.

Can you be specific about what I have done? I simply can't see it and it would be an act of charity for you to explain why instead of just accusing me over and over via innuendos when what I felt I was doing was to respond to dUSt's request for names, explaining why when questioned, or reacting to being personally insulted and attacked for doing so? Your reaction seems almost hyperbolic. I honestly would appreciate understanding my sins/crimes in this thread. Can you quote specific posts where I said something that deserves this kind of attack?

Can you be specific about what I have done? I simply can't see it and it would be an act of charity for you to explain why instead of just accusing me over and over via innuendos when what I felt I was doing was to respond to dUSt's request for names, explaining why when questioned, or reacting to being personally insulted and attacked for doing so? Your reaction seems almost hyperbolic. I honestly would appreciate understanding my sins/crimes in this thread. Can you quote specific posts where I said something that deserves this kind of attack?

I think your singling out Credo was in poor taste and conducted poorly. I have said that already. I think it was rather venomous and bitter. Your reactions to everyone in this thread who has disagreed with you have been rude and aggressive. Your accusations against me have been uncivil, weird, and frankly I think they say more about you than they do about me. In my opinion you are acting immaturely and you are letting disproportionate bitterness over past perceived slights (what they are I cannot, and care not to guess) totally control your emotions and cloud your judgement.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

:blink:

Hi everyone. :tomato:

You asked for an outside perspective, you get it. I've read the thread once and will do so again after this post. Please everyone stop reporting each other, pointing fingers, and laying blame. 

I have been lurking more often and not lately, and for my absence as a moderator, I apologize. Ash, I hope to help out more around here.

But perhaps my lurking can help give perspective seemingly lacking to many of you so close to the problem.

As far as I can tell, none of the "parties" in this thread are completely without fault.

Nunsense has a right to her opinion as requested by dUSt, and she should not be called condescending or whatever else for sharing her hard earned wisdom. That IS a personal attack. She has many great points, and several of them were proved by the responses in this thread! Can you not see how much she has to give to our Community? Do you not want to learn from her wisdom learned on her journey to find God's will? Her life has been spent "try[ing] to find what is pleasing to the Lord" (Eph 5:10), and she has so much to share with us all! 

On the other hand, Nunsense, there is a time when it is necessary to step back and let the wisdom you've shared take root. It needs time to settle and flourish, and it won't sprout if you keep digging it up. I know how difficult it must be to have so many years of learning and growing through experience and want to share it and help us and yet not be able to get through the folly of the youths around you. I, for one, thank you, for you have helped me with many things. But remember that "No prophet is accepted in his own land". Share your piece -- we need you! But it is no fault of yours if others chose not to listen.

I have received many reports via email tonight, from all sides. Please, everyone, take a step back. Instead of looking for fault in each other, reread this thread from the other's perspectives? We are a family here. Try to remember that.

Pax,

-DtA

Everyone fighting in this thread is no longer a Mediator of Meh and will never be a Mediator of Meh. lol

You have a weird place here, dude.