An Old School Catholic Message Board

I just fired Winchester

dUSt

AccountDeleted

Everyone fighting in this thread is no longer a Mediator of Meh and will never be a Mediator of Meh. lol

I would prop this but I have used mine all up today both negative and positive! This thread has been a nightmare to be in and I am sure a nightmare to read.

:blink:

Hi everyone. :tomato:

You asked for an outside perspective, you get it. I've read the thread once and will do so again after this post. Please everyone stop reporting each other, pointing fingers, and laying blame. 

I have been lurking more often and not lately, and for my absence as a moderator, I apologize. Ash, I hope to help out more around here.

But perhaps my lurking can help give perspective seemingly lacking to many of you so close to the problem.

As far as I can tell, none of the "parties" in this thread are completely without fault.

Nunsense has a right to her opinion as requested by dUSt, and she should not be called condescending or whatever else for sharing her hard earned wisdom. That IS a personal attack. She has many great points, and several of them were proved by the responses in this thread! Can you not see how much she has to give to our Community? Do you not want to learn from her wisdom learned on her journey to find God's will? Her life has been spent "try[ing] to find what is pleasing to the Lord" (Eph 5:10), and she has so much to share with us all! 

On the other hand, Nunsense, there is a time when it is necessary to step back and let the wisdom you've shared take root. It needs time to settle and flourish, and it won't sprout if you keep digging it up. I know how difficult it must be to have so many years of learning and growing through experience and want to share it and help us and yet not be able to get through the folly of the youths around you. I, for one, thank you, for you have helped me with many things. But remember that "No prophet is accepted in his own land". Share your piece -- we need you! But it is no fault of yours if others chose not to listen.

I have received many reports via email tonight, from all sides. Please, everyone, take a step back. Instead of looking for fault in each other, reread this thread from the other's perspectives? We are a family here. Try to remember that.

Pax,

-DtA

I truly hope you hang around being an active Mediator of Meh more. You said nice things about me but you also reminded me of my own faults that need correcting. Thank you for both. I do get like a dog with a bone sometimes and find it hard to just walk away and be silent. Mea culpa for this one.

If all the Mediators of Meh had your civility and common sense, phatmass could be so nice. If Cappie had time to be a Mediator of Meh, he'd be great!

..........and now..............before the Jubilee Year of Mercy clicks in:(...............

reminds me of the time dust fired all the Mediators of Meh and he was the only one.

..........and now..............before the Jubilee Year of Mercy clicks in:(...............

reminds me of the time dust fired all the Mediators of Meh and he was the only one.

Is Josh phishy at this point, or still just sadly confused between Catholicism and Protestantism?

I'm not sadly confused between Catholicism and Protestantism. Nor am I a self righteous know it all like yourself.

I'm not sadly confused between Catholicism and Protestantism. Nor am I a self righteous know it all like yourself.

Seriously? Please consider this a pre-warning warning. 

I opted to conclude that you hadn't read my open letter to the thread when you responded to Gabriela and gave you the benefit of the doubt instead of giving you a direct warning. There were other, more charitable, ways to respond to and clarify her comment about you. 

Ash Wednesday

Allow me to offer in where I draw the line as to what is a personal attack, because there has been some confusion out there about this. 

To me, a personal attack is when someone directly comments about someone's character or name calls them directly. Like this (sorry to single you out, Josh): 

Nor am I a self righteous know it all like yourself.

Criticizing someone's behavior, point of view or commentary, while at times people do in a very rude way -- to me does not constitute a personal attack that warrants disciplinary action. Telling someone that they support a viewpoint that is facist is pretty over the top, but I distinguish between that and calling someone a fascist directly.

I see a lot of rudeness, but if I had to render action against rude or over the top rhetoric, this board would be on lock down. At the very least, I think in that case it would be nit picky over-moderating. 

It often turns into a pretty grey area but that's where I'm at with it. 

garycoleman.jpg

I'll tell you this much, being a Mediator of Meh is no way to make friends. There are people on here who, for whatever reason, do not like me. I have been on the receiving end of some pretty vicious and spiteful responses even though I have nothing against them personally, but it is what it is. I love Phatmass and overall I'm happy to serve this site. But I'd buy a beer for the poor soul who's the next Mediator of Meh.

Feel free to give me a warning I'm long overdue haven't had one in awhile. As far as the Phishy label whatever. I'll never be a self righteous self important Voris type Catholic who thinks I'm more Catholic then the Pope. I know that's a lot of people's schtick but it's not mine.

Plus you should hear the things I confess in Confession. I could never convince myself I'm that perfect to pull it off.

Edited by Guest

Ash Wednesday

Feel free to give me a warning I'm long overdue haven't had one in awhile. As far as the Phishy label whatever. I'll never be a self important Voris type Catholic who thinks I'm more Catholic then the Pope. I know that's a lot of people's schick but it's not mine.

The matter I pointed out was already addressed, so a warning wasn't necessary. Personally I consider "phishy" to be people who identify openly as Catholic, clearly know Church teaching and disagree and do not submit to authority anyway, as they feel they know better. 

But please please please, let's not bring up Voris, because then it will get very ugly. 

This thread must not go Full Voris.