An Old School Catholic Message Board

Syrian Refugee Crisis

Ice_nine

And on that note, CrossCuT, I'm going to agree with dominicansoul that further arguing with you would be "utterly pointless and a waste of time." My last point about faulty presumptions was obviously lost on you and thus led to no introspection on your behalf. If you want to argue with caricatures of ideas and not ideas, then you're talking to the wrong fellow. If, however, you actually want to address the issue, cool down a bit and come back later.

Im ready when you are. When you start slinging the poo Ill sling it right back so dont act like youre a poor poor victim.

Im not willing to acknowledge that borders, political ideologies, or any other fake constructs have any weight on whether or not we should treat humans like humans. If you disagree fundamentally on that then I dont think you can call yourself a Christian. 

Im ready when you are. When you start slinging the poo Ill sling it right back so dont act like youre a poor poor victim.

Im not willing to acknowledge that borders, political ideologies, or any other fake constructs have any weight on whether or not we should treat humans like humans. If you disagree fundamentally on that then I dont think you can call yourself a Christian. 

No you're not. You took my demonstration on the danger of faulty presumptions far too literally, which simply shows that you're incapable of further discourse at this level, and I can't see for the life of me how you think I'm acting like a poor victim (something non-liberals generally don't do to begin with). Moreover, as I've already stated, you're quite far from an expert on Christianity, so to speak like you are is hypocritical. Further words about this to you are simply wasted.

If you want an echo chamber for your ideas, then I recommend going to Tumblr.

No you're not. You took my demonstration on the danger of faulty presumptions far too literally, which simply shows that you're incapable of further discourse at this level, and I can't see for the life of me how you think I'm acting like a poor victim (something non-liberals generally don't do to begin with). Moreover, as I've already stated, you're quite far from an expert on Christianity, so to speak like you are is hypocritical. Further words about this to you are simply wasted.

If you want an echo chamber for your ideas, then I recommend going to Tumblr.

Tell me what I said in regards to the refugee crisis that is incompatible with basic christian understanding. 

1. Have foreign policy that destabilizes countries.

2. Fund one terrorist group to fight another.

5. beesh about refugees from countries victmized by your foreign policy.

I can't see for the life of me how you think I'm acting like a poor victim (something non-liberals generally don't do to begin with).

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dey took muhjobs

The sad part about all of this, is that the majority seeking entry are 18-30 year old non-Syrian men. Not women with little babies or families.

The story of that beautiful little boy found dead on the beach, he was living in Turkey with his Mom, Dad & sibling. Dad saw this rush to Europe (all seeking to get to the best welfare state) as great cover for them to enter. Dad had a job, was getting money from his sister in Canada and ended up wiping out his entire family.

This is an invasion. 

50.5 percent of the refugees are women. So assuming the other portion were made up entirely of 18-30 year old men (not bloody likely), that would be 49.5 (I think. I'm close). I'm not a math genius, but it strikes me that even that wouldn't be a "majority".

But I bet you was right impressed when you seen Ben Carson say it. Yup, them furriners is invadin us, and we needs to protect ourselves.

KnightofChrist

Math is fun, how you crunch the numbers matters. I think the percentages of 50.5% female vs 49.5 male is focused on one group of the current refugee 'crisis' and not the over all numbers of refugees that are part of the wave. Percentages of all the refugees is  69% men, 13% women and 18% children. At least according to the UN http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

KnightofChrist

The title of the thread is also limited in its focus. ISIS and other factors causing the crisis have much broader and international effects that are not limited to Syria alone. The over all picture matters.

The title of the thread is also limited in its focus. ISIS and other factors causing the crisis have much broader and international effects that are not limited to Syria alone. The over all picture matters.

Overall picture still doesn't equal "invasion". Nor is the overall picture told by numbers from sea arrivals, although those numbers were informative.

A rapid influx of people can cause problems. But that doesn't sound scary enough, so let's ramp it up a notch.

Ok - so at work we bought this shiploader from Germany. Of course. We have Germans coming by to start up the darn thing and they were goofing off instead of helping. So I (being the boss) started clamping down on them, stirred the pot and got them moving.  

I was direct, and after a while, being myself started ditchin' some wise cracks.  

At the management meeting. They told me to go a little easy on them kcause we needed them - which I think is BS, we can make the darn thing run. So I asked them what the big deal was - 'they're germans', I said, 'what's are they gonna do? A World war?'

Then there was silence...

So I also mentioned the potential of exchanging each of the German engineers for three Syrians laborers - that way we could get some actual work done for our money!

In case you're wondering I haven't been fired yet so don't bother asking.  

Edited by Didacus

KnightofChrist

Overall picture still doesn't equal "invasion". Nor is the overall picture told by numbers from sea arrivals, although those numbers were informative.

A rapid influx of people can cause problems. But that doesn't sound scary enough, so let's ramp it up a notch.

Perhaps, perhaps not.  Maybe there's nothing to the idea of invasion, then again maybe there is some truth to it, however small. ISIS and other terrorist groups are likely hiding amongst the refugees, using them to gain access to Europe. They have promised to invade and topple Rome even if it takes generations. Which shows a strong will and determination of invasion and occupation. Anyway it's a large enough threat to take seriously and not ignore even if some ramp it up.

OPerhaps, perhaps not.  Maybe there's nothing to the idea of invasion, then again maybe there is some truth to it, however small. ISIS and other terrorist groups are likely hiding amongst the refugees, using them to gain access to Europe. They have promised to invade and topple Rome even if it takes generations. Which shows a strong will and determination of invasion and occupation. Anyway it's a large enough threat to take seriously and not ignore even if some ramp it up.

Something something quietum servitium

[Mediator of Meh]Cussing. 7 day suspension. -dUSt[/Mediator of Meh]

“The board is set . . . the pieces are moving.” -Gandalf, Lord the Rings: The Return of the King

Iran has purchased $21 billion worth of Russian satellite technology and aircraft, according to Iranian officials.

·      “The Chinese will be arriving in the coming weeks,” a Syrian army official told the Lebanon-based news website Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi.

The report claims that a Chinese naval vessel is on its way to Syria with dozens of “military advisers” on board. They will reportedly be followed by troops.

The ship is said to have passed the Suez Canal in Egypt and be making its way through the Mediterranean Sea.

According to the website, the advisers will be joining Russian personnel in the Latakia region.

·      As U.S. ships and British warplanes neared the shores of its last remaining ally in the Middle East, Russia warned again Tuesday that any military intervention in Syria would have "catastrophic consequences" for the region.

The US has a goal of causing political unrest in places where there is value to our enterprises. But of course we cant just take land over we have to stir the pot and cause tension among the people themselves. When things get destabilized we will come in as the hero, and tell them we will help solve their problems if they sell us their oil for super cheap.