An Old School Catholic Message Board

Syrian Refugee Crisis

Ice_nine

Didacus,

So you are putting a priority on local culture that is above a human principle of shared identity despite differences in culture, race, etc.    Rather unpleasant and disturbing.  Yes, local culture is valuable, but not worth becoming xenophobic.   In that point, I agree with Crosscut. 

Didacus,

So you are putting a priority on local culture that is above a human principle of shared identity despite differences in culture, race, etc.    Rather unpleasant and disturbing.  Yes, local culture is valuable, but not worth becoming xenophobic.   In that point, I agree with Crosscut. 

wow!  Really!

there is no way to say that I would like to preserve my culture without being white trash? By all means the only way to be open to others is to completely deny and foresake your heritage in favour of the heritage of others. I am very sorry - but I cannot subscribe to this position. 

I will hold my culture thank you. And my culture is first and foremost CATHOLIC and this I shall hold onto death.  

wow!  Really!

there is no way to say that I would like to preserve my culture without being white trash? By all means the only way to be open to others is to completely deny and foresake your heritage in favour of the heritage of others. I am very sorry - but I cannot subscribe to this position. 

I will hold my culture thank you. And my culture is first and foremost CATHOLIC and this I shall hold onto death.  

LOL.  I don't know what color you are and its laughable how you throw in that white trash comment when challenged.    

As far as claiming your culture is Catholic and is endangered by accepting refugees...

srsly?   That's just messed up.  

Edited by Anomaly

Others claimed I was white trash on this board - so it props every now and again.  

I never said refuges place us in danger - to the contrary reread my previous posts: I hold my kins to account and if other cultures win out on our own I only have praise for that other culture.  

It is our own weakness which I detest, not the strength of others.  

No, I knew that's what you wanted. I just wasn't clear. I'm tired this morning. I did find something else also speaking of that charity wanting to discontinue aid for those reasons. Whether the head of that charity is correct or not, I don't know, since everything else I've seen seems to indicate that these are genuine refugees. I don't know. 

can you post a link?

I find huge variances in the distribution of refuge populations: I can only imagine that different regions have such reflective distributions but these isolated distributions are being reported as generalities for political purposes. The truth likely sits a little on both sides.  

• 2 weeks later...

50.5 percent of the refugees are women. So assuming the other portion were made up entirely of 18-30 year old men (not bloody likely), that would be 49.5 (I think. I'm close). I'm not a math genius, but it strikes me that even that wouldn't be a "majority".

But I bet you was right impressed when you seen Ben Carson say it. Yup, them furriners is invadin us, and we needs to protect ourselves.

According to the UN, and doubtful they are even accurate, 65% Men, 14% Women, 20% Children. Certainly not the number you cite.

But here is the link:

http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

And if this isn't an invasion, nothing is.

According to the UN, and doubtful they are even accurate, 65% Men, 14% Women, 20% Children. Certainly not the number you cite.

But here is the link:

http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

And if this isn't an invasion, nothing is.

Those are the statistics on people arriving by sea only. The statistics Winchester and I both gave earlier are for the Syrian refugee population as a whole, arriving by sea and land. I can quote these statistics in my sleep, backwards, and in about five different languages, as my doctorate is in humanitarian action and conflict response and I have spent quite a long time living among refugees, the 'invaders'. They don't bite. So I have limited patience for people who think they can find enough information to buttress their prejudices with a quick five minutes on Google, as if this is all human life is worth - so cheap and so easy to dismiss.

I don't think any argument is going to make you drop the militaristic macho fantasy of yourself as a besieged knight facing off an 'invasion' of marauding modern-day Visigoths and so I am not going to add anything further to what I've said in this thread, other than to ask Phatmassers to pray for these extremely vulnerable people who have left a hellish situation behind them and unfortunately face hatred where they're going.

Those are the statistics on people arriving by sea only. The statistics Winchester and I both gave earlier are for the Syrian refugee population as a whole, arriving by sea and land. I can quote these statistics in my sleep, backwards, and in about five different languages, as my doctorate is in humanitarian action and conflict response and I have spent quite a long time living among refugees, the 'invaders'. They don't bite. So I have limited patience for people who think they can find enough information to buttress their prejudices with a quick five minutes on Google, as if this is all human life is worth - so cheap and so easy to dismiss.

I don't think any argument is going to make you drop the militaristic macho fantasy of yourself as a besieged knight facing off an 'invasion' of marauding modern-day Visigoths and so I am not going to add anything further to what I've said in this thread, other than to ask Phatmassers to pray for these extremely vulnerable people who have left a hellish situation behind them and unfortunately face hatred where they're going.

Frankly you are wrong. Whether by sea or by air or by spaceship.

And my or your posting on a message board does not effect this one iota.

Europe, as well as the US, is besieged by groups that are, for lack of a better word, invading. They are not coming to assimilate, they are not coming for any other reason than to establish their society at the expense of the host society. Furthermore, they are seeking to access the welfare of each of these host nations. 

2 decades ago, muslims invaded Italy. There process is simple, at first, they are peaceful ones, then they are the put upon ones. The Italian Constitution states that a Crucifix must be displayed in every government building. It did not take long before muslims sued to have it removed from the schools their children were attending. 

I'd direct you to read some of Oriana Fallaci's books for more insight on what took place 2 decades ago. It might even be available in all 5 languages you have mastered.

Regardless, you are witnessing the Crusades, this time, the Christians are laying their shields and swords down and not defending their faith, from the US to Europe. In my lifetime alone, we have seen the collapse of the Christian family and Christian faith. 

So, most of what is invading Europe and being sprinkled around the USA are not syrians, but an islamic horse.

Edited by StMichael

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/stretching-facts-on-syrian-refugees/

Larger article, which I believe I linked to before but am too lazy to find. It includes the sole article the "conservatives" wish to cite. It also explains with more words what anyone citing that article should have observed, and that is that the number which satisfies the belief that the migrants/refugees/whatever are some sort of "invasion". The people who believe that are exactly the sort who were enlisted in the past to hate the Chinese, Irish, Italians, and so on. The simple word in there is "sea". The demographics of people arriving by sea are the 60-whatever percent the "conservat (you know what, I'm sick of hitting shift, so I will call them what they are, which is "fascists", and have done with the sarcastic quote marks.) Ahem: ...fascists are so fond of quoting in order to drum up fear and dehumanize people attempting to flee areas made even worse than they were before by the foreign policy  heroic war-waging/democracy-spreading by the heroes of the fascists, the various Western Governments.

Here are the other UN numbers, dealing with a larger number of refugees than in the article faithfully cited by the fascists. http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php

About 50/50. Which obviously is unacceptable, because the men are supposed to stay behind and fight the puppet governments previously supported by the US, while being blown up by drones.

Edited by Winchester

dominicansoul

Not all conservatives are fascists and not all fascists are conservative...  That's like saying all these refugees are terrorists.  :|

I am white-trash just for proposing that the refugees follow federal laws in order to migrate.  

Comes a point where all this name calling becomes outright meaningless. 

:rolleyes:

The feds and their central planning can go to hell. And so can their supporters. 

Edited by Winchester

The feds and their central planning can go to hell. And so can their supporters. 

Do not implore hell nor takes its reference lightly. 

The saints tell us to pray every day that the hells are empty and they do so for a reason.