An Old School Catholic Message Board

Syrian Refugee Crisis

Ice_nine

dominicansoul
On Friday, November 20, 2015 3:56:21, Ice_nine said:

I do think in this particular instance more blame falls on W then Obama, sure.

Well, W must have been there 1400 years ago, because muslims have been on the offensive attacking innocent people ever since their founding...

to be honest, I just don't trust muslims.  I'm sorry not sorry.  That guy who shot up the party in Cali, he was not a radical muslim until he traveled to mecca.  his wife helped him radicalize and look at what they did.  So, even if we have nice muslims they can always be radicalized on their "holy pilgrimmages to mecca."

According to some authorities, his wife was vetted very scrupulously before acquiring an K-1 fiancee visa....

I'm just being incredibly honest, i would rather have Christian-only refugees in my neighborhood. Christians commit horrible acts and are sinners, true, but not on the scale of these islamists...

1 hour ago, KnightofChrist said:

Close true, but truth matters. I'm not sure Jobs was conceived in Syria and then born here, I think his bio father and bio mother met in the US, after the bio father's escape from Syria.

Okay, so Steve Jobs is the son of a Syria Refugee, better?

Edited by little2add

On 12/4/2015, 5:51:29, dominicansoul said:

Well, W must have been there 1400 years ago, because muslims have been on the offensive attacking innocent people ever since their founding...

to be honest, I just don't trust muslims.  I'm sorry not sorry. 

with that logic then you've just absolved Obama of all guilt too, but ok.

It's your life. Trust whoever you want to. I think your attitude towards the whole thing is kind of sad but I'm sure that feeling goes both ways. Or maybe you just think I'm stupid and/or naive instead of sad. I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dominicansoul

Hussein isn't to blame for Islam, lol.  He's to blame for what's happening right now under his (failed) leadership...not George W Bush.  I don't remember anyone blaming bubba clinton for the mistakes W made...

Where you work, when you make major mistakes, do you blame it on the person who had your position before you?  

1 hour ago, Ice_nine said:

with that logic then you've just absolved Obama of all guilt too, but ok.

It's your life. Trust whoever you want to. I think your attitude towards the whole thing is kind of sad but I'm sure that feeling goes both ways. Or maybe you just think I'm stupid and/or naive instead of sad. I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:doh:

why are you a Mediator of Meh?

57 minutes ago, vee said:

If you and/or DS have a problem with me being a Mediator of Meh, take it up with the boss, or another Mediator of Meh.

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

Hussein isn't to blame for Islam, lol.  He's to blame for what's happening right now under his (failed) leadership...not George W Bush.  I don't remember anyone blaming bubba clinton for the mistakes W made...

Where you work, when you make major mistakes, do you blame it on the person who had your position before you?  

To answer your last question, I blame my major mistakes on whoever I please. So long as it isn't me, because I don't make mistakes.

I think some people are just not open on certain topics. For example, you are not going to convince me abortion is OK, and I'm never going to convince you that your criticisms of Obama seem overblown and based more on party allegiance than actual fact. Do you find that so offensive? I just call it like I see it, and so do you. I think we could at least respect each other on that account.

And if I'm wrong about you, well then I'm just another person on the internet that's wrong. It's hard to gauge people through this medium anyway. Maybe if we met in real life we would be great friends. Who knows?

dominicansoul
6 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

For example, you are not going to convince me abortion is OK

I would never ever try because I'm prolife.  But I'm sure you weren't talking to me. 

7 hours ago, vee said:

I'm pretty sure she's just venting.  Vee is very nice and wouldn't think unkindly of you.  She probably just took your words and believed you were "attacking me."  We can't really assess that sort of thing with words on the internet (well, sometimes but not all the time.)  

I don't think unkindly of you at all.  I'm sure we can't convince each other of our points of view on this subject.  I do respect you.  

On December 4, 2015 at 10:52:00 AM, little2add said:

did you know?

Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs  was a Syrian refugee, adopted and raised from birth by a catholic couple in San Francisco

Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs ( February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011) was an American technology entrepreneur, visionary and inventor. He was the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer (CEO) of Apple Inc.; CEO and largest shareholder of Pixar Animation Studios;[3] a member of The Walt Disney Company's board of directors following its acquisition of Pixar; and founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT Inc. Jobs is widely recognized as a pioneer of the microcomputer revolution of the 1970s, along with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak

His mother was a Catholic of Swiss and German descent. The father was going to school in the US and if anything was a migrant. Refugee status means "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster." 

From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs

Steve Jobs's biological father, Abdulfattah "John" Jandali (b. 1931), was born into a Muslim household and grew up in Homs, Syria.[9] Jandali is the son of a self-made millionaire who did not go to college and a mother who was a traditional housewife.[9]While an undergraduate at the American University of Beirut, he was a student activist and spent time in jail for his political activities.[9] Although Jandali initially wanted to study law, he eventually decided to study economics and political science.[9] He pursued a PhD in the latter subject at the University of Wisconsin, where he met Joanne Carole Schieble, a Catholic of Swiss and German descent, who grew up on a farm in Wisconsin.[2][9][10] As a doctoral candidate, Jandali was Schieble's teaching assistant although both were the same age.[11] Mona Simpson (Jobs's biological sister), notes that her maternal grandparents were not happy that their daughter was dating Jandali: "it wasn't that he was Middle-Eastern so much as that he was a Muslim. But there are a lot of Arabs in Michigan and Wisconsin. So it's not that unusual."[11] Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs's official biographer, additionally states that Schieble's father "threatened to cut Joanne off completely" if she continued the relationship.[2]

Steve Jobs is about as much a refugee as Barry "Barack Obama" Sotero.

dominicansoul

Not sure if you would consider the inn keepers "heartless."  Scripture says there was just no room, the Inns were filled to the brim with people for the Census.  I'm pretty sure Joseph had the good idea of heading to a stable because he wasn't about to let Mary give birth to Jesus in the middle of a street...

And of course, there's that whole God's will thing.  He was meant to be born in a lowly stable.

KnightofChrist

There was zero danger and risk of the Holy Family of being infiltrated by ISIS or like minded groups. Tashfeen Malik, while not a refugee, did make it through the 'rigorous' vetting process to get a visa and then she helped murder 14 people. Hardly a Virgin Mary, even though she also had a child and husband. The issues and dangers related to ISIS and the visa/refugee program are far more complex than overly simplistic memes on the interwebs.

Edited by KnightofChrist

39 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

There was zero danger and risk of the Holy Family of being infiltrated by ISIS or like minded groups.

I don't quite know why, but I find this statement to be extremely amusing.

Muslim religion didn't   Exist  for 1000 years after the birth of Jesus 

Islam, began in Mecca, claimed to be the revelation of God (Allah) through the angel Gabriel to a man named Muhammad. Muhammad was born in approximately AD 570-571. He was born to the powerful tribe of the Quraish in Mekkah (Mecca). His father's name was Abdullah. His mother's name was Aminah.

so yea the Isis factor wasn't in play

KnightofChrist
8 minutes ago, little2add said:

Muslim religion didn't   Exist  for 1000 years after the birth of Jesus 

Islam, began in Mecca, claimed to be the revelation of God (Allah) through the angel Gabriel to a man named Muhammad. Muhammad was born in approximately AD 570-571. He was born to the powerful tribe of the Quraish in Mekkah (Mecca). His father's name was Abdullah. His mother's name was Aminah.

so yea the Isis factor wasn't in play

Yeah, I know it was kinda joke. The point was of course the Holy Family had no risk of being infiltrated by a group that wanted to kill others, those coming here from nations with high percentage of Jihadists or pro-Jihadist ideology do have such a risk.

Tashfeen Malik is deadly proof that our vetting system fails, if it failed for her it will fail again, heck it's probably already failed again and when it fails people will die. How many more times does it have to fail before we as a nation wake up? 2 or 3 more times, maybe 4 or 5? And I am not against bringing in refugees on condition that national security interest are met and groups most persecuted like the Christians get to go to the front of the line. The trouble is we clearly don't have secure or reliable ways to tell the difference between good peaceful Muslims and the Jihadists who seek to murder innocent people.

Edited by KnightofChrist