An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should thread necromancy be a bannable offense?

Ice_nine

IgnatiusofLoyola

How long oh Lord!  How long shall we suffer!

Seriously, boredom is your main reason...  You can't just skip the boring threads and move on?  Also, many of the old threads, although old, are far from boring in my opinion...  Especially compared to MANY of the new threads.  Come on!

Well, you asked. I gave you an honest answer and you make fun of me. Okay, I made fun of myself first. So fair's fair.

I DID tell you that I don't mind the old threads THAT much. Actually, I realized it's confusion as much as boredom. I don't like having to keep track new threads versus old threads. (I know, horrors that I should have to put in a modicum of effort.)

BTW--The boredom isn't necessarily because the old thread topic is boring, but because, for the most part, the old threads haven't turned into new, interesting discussions, which would have been the ideal, but instead most of them generate a couple of comments and die again. It was a nice try, but time to move on, I think.

Second BTW--If you want to do something truly heroic as well as try something new (at least new for you), go into VS and try to figure out the order of nuns that Cherie saw as she was driving to D.C.. She can't identify the Community by the habit. It was a very traditional habit, so it would fit your preferences. The members of VS are normally scarily brilliant at figuring out Orders from their habits, but this one has us stumped. (Note: If you decide to try, read the whole thread first, so you don't repeat someone else's efforts.) Who knew Ohio had so many Communities of nuns/Religious Sisters? Or perhaps they weren't from Ohio at all and their license plate is a red herring?

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

HopefulHeart

No, of course I don't think it's bannable. I agree with the points Iggy made in her first post in this thread.

If the brethren have attempted with charity to correct the offending party, and s/he persists in the sin, showing no signs of remorse nor intention to repent and be converted from the sin, then yes, without question.

Not The Philosopher

Solution: Bring the hammer down on all these serious party poopers while you have them rounded up in your thread.

I remember one forum I was on wanted you to see if there was a thread on your topic before you started a new thread.

I just think DS should be banned :)

Hidden Content

Who is DS?

If the brethren have attempted with charity to correct the offending party, and s/he persists in the sin, showing no signs of remorse nor intention to repent and be converted from the sin, then yes, without question.

:sad:

I still don't understand what the big deal is about.

dominicansoul

She has the best avatar!

But I don't want her banned.  

ban the whiners.  problem solved.  

and I like her attitude too!

AccountDeleted

I'm a little disappointed that my question was taken so seriously.

We are a disappointing group, aren't we? It was a very cute question too. :)