An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should thread necromancy be a bannable offense?

Ice_nine

AccountDeleted

<_<

Great...

The thread's become a ttroll's laugh fest... no chance this one ever gets ressurected in 10 years...

If I'm still here in 10 years time, I'll resurrect it - just for you! :) 

If I'm still here in 10 years time, I'll resurrect it - just for you! :) 

Now why wouldn't you still be around in 10years?

Welcome to the club by the way.  

JustJust so you know - you  get banned if you go through with it.  ;)

Nothing like a little controversy to spice things up ya know...   strangely enough this has been amongst the most popular threads the last few weeks...

AccountDeleted

Now why wouldn't you still be around in 10years?

Welcome to the club by the way.  

JustJust so you know - you  get banned if you go through with it.  ;)

Nothing like a little controversy to spice things up ya know...   strangely enough this has been amongst the most popular threads the last few weeks...

Well, I might not be around in 10 years because I might do another bannable offense, which is to start a Goodbye thread! LOL 

I actually think the forum has been more interesting since you started resurrecting these old threads, than it has been in a long time. It can get boring to come here and find no new posts to read. So yes, you have kept things interesting with all the controversy! 

Look at my post count. I do my part.

From now on - everytime I see you post, I'll ressurect a thread in your honour!

You're welcomed dude!

veritasluxmea

(Technically I think goodbye threads are now allowed under dUSt's new forum order). 

Edited by veritasluxmea

AccountDeleted

(Technically I think goodbye threads are now allowed under dUSt's new forum order). 

Really? It used to be that only those going into convents or monasteries were able to post a goodbye thread - a count down thread as we called them. But posting ordinary goodbye threads was not allowed because it was usually people who just wanted to complain about phatmass before they left. One poster started a goodbye thread a few months ago because their feelings were hurt about something, but it was deleted, so I assumed that goodbye threads were still not allowed. Do you have other information about posting these kinds of threads??

So if I get mad at everyone here and want to say so in a goodbye thread, is that allowed now? That would really mess up the vibe, wouldn't it?

and technically - thread ressurecting is not forbidden.  

Just saying...

AccountDeleted

If dUSt really wanted to stop old threads from being resurrected, he would lock them. since they aren't locked, it implies that they are allowed to be resurrected. I used to wish that all old threads were deleted because some of my earlier posts make me embarrassed now. But sometimes it's good to see how far I've come (IMO) and the old threads can just be either fun, nostalgic or cringe-worthy, which keeps one humble. :) 

You know - the billboard for Open Mic says:

Talk about anything you want. Don't be afraid.

Those who complain about ressurecting threads so at the same time petition to have that changed. Would only makes sense - wouldn't it?

I thought I read in a thread that dUSt started that they were, but I could be wrong. 

@dUSt are goodbye threads allowed or not? 

Goodbye threads are now allowed. I don't recall any rules about necromancy.

AccountDeleted

Goodbye threads are now allowed. I don't recall any rules about necromancy.

Is there a list of new rules somewhere that I don't know about? Where did you get this information? Can you link to a source please? It's hard not to break a rule if one doesn't know where the rules are to check if something is a rule or not! :) 

Is there a list of new rules somewhere that I don't know about? Where did you get this information? Can you link to a source please? It's hard not to break a rule if one doesn't know where the rules are to check if something is a rule or not! :) 

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/139524-attention-pham-and-mediators-of-meh-goodbye-threads-are-now-allowed/#comment-2742812

You were on hiatus.