An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should thread necromancy be a bannable offense?

Ice_nine

xTrishaxLynnx

After a certain cutoff - I say five years - threads should be automatically locked, or locked if bumped. If you want to discuss the same subject start a new thread. Necroposting is universally considered poor forum etiquette.

Out of genuine curiosity, what's the reason for that? And where is our universal forum etiquette rules list?

veritasluxmea

@Didacus why do you keep posting in old threads? It seems like you keep/kept doing it even after being told it was poor etiquette, so it's a serious question. I've read through this thread, and between the lines, and it seems to be poor manners and kind of annoying. (I've trained myself to look at the year the thread was made to ignore it, but still annoying). If you're doing it as a Halloween "prank" or to express your internet persona or something I understand, but would you mind you clarifying that to avoid confusion? 

What if every time someone felt like complaining about thread necromancy they stifled themselves and posted a new thread instead?

cuz you know, peeps that are posting in dead threads are contributing, which is more than can be said of all y'all sitting on your tushies just reading. 

IgnatiusofLoyola

You are playing a dangerous game, friend.

giphy.gif

you don't scare me, frenchy...

:popcorn2:

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

You are playing a dangerous game, friend.

giphy.gif

Nihil is the type of guy that would hack your netflix and change your cue to all anime stuff xD 

Not that I would complain. lol. 

veritasluxmea

Besides you got a new skill out of it. 

I've also developed a handy second skill of ignoring threads with your avatar or username to the right. 

cuz you know, peeps that are posting in dead threads are contributing, which is more than can be said of all y'all sitting on your tushies just reading. 

tumblr_inline_nsu30n84MJ1t7dqdg_500.gif