The long wait

2.5 days til the fun...er havoc begins! :woot: 

I was hoping to avoid telling extended family members until I had an entrance date, but as life goes I ended up telling one aunt in particular today.  She seemed shocked yet supportive and unlike my siblings actually asked some further questions.  Things like what do they do and how did I come to this decision.  I gave her short answers such as their main sources of income and type of labor.  For my decision I spoke of how this is something I feel I have to try and there is no commitment for a while.  Im the only practicing Catholic in my family so they are very unfamiliar with anything to do with religious life, let alone Carmelite life ie they have no clue about the grilles!  I want them to learn by being there because if I say too much before hand they might get some strange ideas.  I pray that they will sit in the chapel and feel God's love and peace.  That they will feel at home, never want to leave, come back to the faith and move next door! :P

• Like 5
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vee

• dominicansoul

• TheresaThoma

• Maximilianus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and Im still waiting! i write to please ask for prayers for myself to continue to know and do God's will.  If He is calling me to religious life He is certainly making me wait for what seems to me a

Dear Vee: Don't get discouraged.  It is very apparent what God is doing in you.  He is honing your soul into that two edged sword  so you may become a fitting instrument in his hands that you may be

Prayer for your intentions

5 hours ago, vee said:

I pray that they will sit in the chapel and feel God's love and peace.  That they will feel at home, never want to leave, come back to the faith and move next door! :P

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when I first discovered that cloistered contemplative life still existed and my first thoughts and encounters with that  Thoughts along the lines of "people still do that?!?!" and "what is wrong with them!"   A conversation with a family member today showed me that Id started to take as familiar something that is very unfamiliar to most people, even me at one time.  I was offering the most basic and simple of explanations of things to this person but I could see her trying to process it.  Instead of having harsh reactions to my possibility of entering,  my family doesnt even know what kind of life it is!  if I do go I think they will learn rather quickly just by visiting, and I bought a video on that life to show them too if they need it. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, vee said:

There has been some movement in my situation and it appears that by the end of this week the Sisters should be able to vote! :o  It will be such a relief to hear an official conclusion to my application!

Congratulations vee! Keep us updated, I'll definitely be checking back :)