• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vee

• dominicansoul

• TheresaThoma

• Spem in alium

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and Im still waiting! i write to please ask for prayers for myself to continue to know and do God's will.  If He is calling me to religious life He is certainly making me wait for what seems to me a

Dear Vee: Don't get discouraged.  It is very apparent what God is doing in you.  He is honing your soul into that two edged sword  so you may become a fitting instrument in his hands that you may be

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎02‎:‎10‎, veritasluxmea said:

No, it's the Dominican's turn :P 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎54‎:‎33‎, TheresaThoma said:

Or the Dominicans... 

I vote Dominicans!! :saint2: :nun:

• Like 1

I wrote to the superior today explaining my thoughts and where Im at with telling, or rather not telling, my family.  Im kind of hoping perhaps she has some insight, tidbit, or something on whether I should continue with my idea of waiting til I get an official yes, or change plans and tell them sooner.  If they do let me in they will have to deal with my family and its only fair to them to know what stage of shock my family could be in.  At the same time she can give me her two cents if it seems Im being unfair in not telling my family, and at the very least they can pray for the situation! 

now back to the next order discussion!

• Like 2

Im sure the sisters will have advise for you! I remember speaking to a poor clare abbess about this, and she told me that parents were NEVER happy that there daughter wanted to enter an enclosed community, but they ALWAYS came around. Always. even the parents who didn't believe at all, or who were 100% against.

• Like 1