An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Be with France

Gabriela

I heard the mastermind behind the paris attacks is dead?  killed by a woman suicide bomber, one of his own...

He is dead. He was riddled with bullets, so he probably didn't die from her blowing herself up. Who knows why she blew herself up. I don't know if we can ever know that.

He is dead. He was riddled with bullets, so he probably didn't die from her blowing herself up. Who knows why she blew herself up. I don't know if we can ever know that.

They knew the police were coming and just prepared themselves, I guess, by having suicide belts on. It's more honourable to kill yourself than to die at the hands of an infidel. Even better if you can take a couple of them down at the same time. I made the mistake of listening to the audio recording of that particular moment - won't be forgetting it any time soon :(

I read some issue of ISIS official newspaper, Dabiq. It's horrifying and I want to vomit, but I feel that now I understand them better. 

I wanted to thank all of you for your kindness, your support, and your prayers. You are amazing :nun1:

Hostage situation in Bamako, Mali. 170 hostage in a rich hotel. 

I saw a headline about that as well. Is it related to Paris?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2015, 7:46:04, Ice_nine said:

what's the term for people who whine about slacktivists but also do nothing?

I'm one of those.

People whose priorities for one reason or another lead them to value honesty over activity in an area.

On 11/16/2015, 6:28:04, dominicansoul said:

Anastasia, i tend to agree with you, but here's a blog post that addresses this...(found on phatmass' home page.)

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2015/11/16/the-media-shouldnt-apologise-for-giving-the-paris-attacks-blanket-coverage/

You missed my point of mass display discomfort.

19 minutes ago, Anastasia (L&T) said:

Or at least that blog post missed it. And I mean my discomfort with the display.

My apologies for the weird posting. I cannot seem to get rid of the quote box.

Edited by Anastasia (L&T)