An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Be with France

Gabriela

There's a name for this: "slacktivism".

I'm sure you didn't mean that the people of France don't deserve even bad prayer!

I don't believe prayer makes on iota of difference in the physical world.  It's a great story to tell yourself that it stops bleeding or dries a tear.   Prayer can also convince yourself of your justification to shoot into a crowd of concert goers.

KnightofChrist

I don't believe prayer makes on iota of difference in the physical world.  It's a great story to tell yourself that it stops bleeding or dries a tear.   Prayer can also convince yourself of your justification to shoot into a crowd of concert goers.

I'm shocked that an Atheist would not believe in prayer. It's like finding out grass is green after knowing grass was green.

Edited by KnightofChrist

I'm shocked that an Atheist would not believe in prayer. It's like finding out grass is green after knowing grass was green.

Maybe more an agnostic than atheist.  Can't prove non existence either.   But the point I clumsily was trying to make was to think about what one is praying for.   There is a lot more critical thinking required than a belief and appeal to a divinity.  It's what you choose to put in action as a mortal human than positive/negative wishes.    

dominicansoul

what these radicals do is not equal to faith or prayer or religion.  Anyone can call their ideology a "religion" and use it to justify horrors...

I can testify that prayer does make differences in our physical world.  I've witnessed countless IMPOSSIBLE things happen through prayer to God in the name of Jesus Christ.  Sorry that you have not had this experience...

what these radicals do is not equal to faith or prayer or religion.  Anyone can call their ideology a "religion" and use it to justify horrors...

I can testify that prayer does make differences in our physical world.  I've witnessed countless IMPOSSIBLE things happen through prayer to God in the name of Jesus Christ.  Sorry that you have not had this experience...

amen!  I too have witnessed the power of prayer, the fact that I am alive and a practicing Catholic attests to that for one!  

Assault finished. Only two death (terrorist), and one police dog died too :( But no policemen killed ! They arrested many people. 

A Jewish school teacher was stabbed by 3 men in Marseille. He's going to be okay.

Praise God.

A veiled Muslim woman in Marseille was punched and slashed with a box cutter. She will also be fine.

God help us.

Edited by Gabriela

what's the term for people who whine about slacktivists but also do nothing?

Academics?

:P 

Edited by Gabriela