An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Be with France

Gabriela

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 11.34.33 PM.png

The Paris prosecutor’s office has confirmed that eight attackers are dead.

Prosecutor’s office spokeswoman Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre told Associated Press that the eighth attacker was killed by security forces when they raided a concert hall where the assailants had taken hostages.

She said it was possible that there are terrorists still at large.

Did anyone also realize that there were suicide bombings in Lebanon today?43 people died. Didn't get as much coverage. It's too bad because Lebanon hosts the largest proportion of Christians than any country in the ME and AFAIK it's the worst terrorist attack there in good while.

Did anyone also realize that there were suicide bombings in Lebanon today?43 people died. Didn't get as much coverage. It's too bad because Lebanon hosts the largest proportion of Christians than any country in the ME and AFAIK it's the worst terrorist attack there in good while.

I saw that it was pretty relegated to the sidelines in the media.

yeah unfortunately I'm sure lots of terrible croutons happens in the world that go unrecognized by media.

Ughk this stuff is really disheartening

French lyrics English translation
Allons enfants de la Patrie, Arise, children of the Fatherland,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé ! The day of glory has arrived!
Contre nous de la tyrannie, Against us tyranny's
L'étendard sanglant est levé, (bis) Bloody banner is raised,(repeat)
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes Do you hear, in the countryside,
Mugir ces féroces soldats ? The roar of those ferocious soldiers?
Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras They're coming right into our arms
Égorger nos fils, nos compagnes ! To cut the throats of our sons, our women!

Aux armes, citoyens, To arms, citizens,
Formez vos bataillons, Form your battalions,
Marchons, marchons ! Let's march, let's march!
Qu'un sang impur Let an impure blood
Abreuve nos sillons ! (bis) Water our furrows! (Repeat)

@Ice_nine : there are no no-go zone in France, and NO sharia law in a community (in a family... That's another question). You know, niqab and sitar (everything that cover the face) are forbidden, homeschooling is very hard, with a lot of controls from authority, etc, etc... so it would be hard for a community to really isolate itself from the rest of society. Fox News did a thing with "there's no-go zone in Paris" and a map... The map highlighted some of the most bourgeois part of Paris... It would be hard to enforce sharia law somewhere because what we call "banlieue" are a big mix of african evangelical christian, jewish, muslim from all background (sunni, etc...), so there's always a counter-influence. There's no ghetto like a part of banlieue is low-class french, another part is algerian, another part ivoirian... There's a lot of diversity in poverty. But there's more and more a strong influence of extremist muslims, more and more pression to wear the veil, and a lack of influence of traditional mosquée who are seen as "old". The most extremist are often converts or people coming from a secular muslim background. 8% of the french population is from a muslim family (it doesn't mean that 8% are practicing). I have friends who are from a muslim background, but they are atheist, and they say there's a lot of pression to not eat pork, wearing the veil, etc... 
Oh and people often say that there's part of banlieue where the police is afraid to go, and it is FALSE. It's an insult for our police who really try its best. They go everywhere they need to go. 
We saw about Lebanon, we have family (by marriage) here so we follow the news from here. It's horrible. They have more than a million of refugee in a little country already instable. We have been able to call our family in Lebanon and all are okay. But I'm worried about one of my teacher. She's from Lebanon and she said all her family is still living here. :( Please have a prayer for her and her family. 

@elizabeth09 : I think it's because there's no building in Paris to take down. The Eiffel tower maybe ? But there's no skyscraper. But yes, it's not like 9/11 because they did not attack a symbol, and of course the number of death is different. 

Oh people it warms my heart to see all this solidarity. The Christ the Redeemer in Brasil is so touching. Thank you all for your posting. I really don't have the energy to work today, but none of my students canceled their lessons. 

The fire in Calais was an accident ! Thanks be to God. We really don't need this. 

In March, a man from ISIS said they were going to target Paris, then Rome, then Spain (that they call Al-Andalus). 

i'm living in the south of france right now and my family and friends are all save (a lot of exchange students go to paris for the weekend).

Last night was spend in prayer with the livestream on. The scale of the attack, the fact that they organised 7 attacks at the same time, the absolute brutality

of the hostage situation (very few survivors) so many people wounded, so many people dead...

Prayers, my friends, we need prayers...

Oh Josephine, all my thought with you :( 

There's symbolism with the site attacked. A concert hall, a stadium, café = music, sport, and alcohol, three things forbidden by Islam and that ISIS enforce in its "state", and where secularized muslims here go often. 

CTxC6eHXIAAGXtC.jpg

It's officialy from ISIS. They say the worst is coming, etc, etc... 

"France and those who follow it have to know they stay the main target of Daech." "This attack is only the beginning of the storm", etc... 

If you speak french and want to follow what is happening in Lebanon and in France, you can read the lebanon newspaper L'orient-Le jour. http://www.lorientlejour.com/ Btw, it's a very good newspaper to follow what is happening in Middle Orient.