An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Be with France

Gabriela

I don't know.  All I know is that we will help France, or there is a possible we will.  I was told this was happening at supper.  I hope we go in and stop them before they get to Rome.

Lord, please sent someone to stop who ever doing this.  

Edited by elizabeth09

PhuturePriest

I don't understand why they hate France so much. What do they have against them?

I don't know if it's a particular hatred of France. There are simply many immigrants from the Middle East there, and unfortunately terrorists come with those numbers.

As you noted, this is an historically important day, and Islamic terrorists seem to like attacking on historical days. 

Update: French authorities have said a number of armed men are running through the city.

May Mary protect the Church's Eldest Daughter.

Update: French authorities have said a number of armed men are running through the city.

What are you watching? I've got two live feeds from Paris and Twazzup open and haven't seen that yet.

Ice_nine, it's sure it is islamist terrorist.

I assumed as much. I just still don't like to jump to assumptions. Even now there's probably going to be a lot of misinformation coming out as media outlets scramble to cover the situation (I'm not saying that as an indication that you are wrong about it being Islamic terrorism. but some of the details are probably going to be mis-reported, and I had just woken up from a nap when I first posted).

@NadaTeTurbe, is it true that there are no-go zones in France that enforce sharia law? Do you or anyone you know have experience seeing these or being near these?

What are you watching? I've got two live feeds from Paris and Twazzup open and haven't seen that yet.

Cnn reports the gunmen are still at large.

This is a reminder to me tat I really need to start praying the rosary daily as I've been way too lax lately.

"Peace for Paris"

CTujsdZUkAEo0a4.jpg

New reports say possibly four responders were killed. Their manner of death is unknown last I heard. 

The Guardian is saying that might refer to the four attackers, not four responders. It's not sure yet. Three of the attackers detonated belts.

CN Tower, Toronto:

CTvNDA6UcAEtiiL.jpg

The Guardian just now:

'All attackers are dead' – police

The Paris police prefect has now confirmed that the attackers at the Bataclan rock venue blew themselves up with suicide belts as police closed in, killing four.

He said the gunmen first sprayed cafes outside the venue with machine gunfire, then went inside the concert hall and killed more before the assault by security forces.

The prefect, Michel Cadot, said one set of attackers was at the Stade de France, and at nearly the same time the second group attacked within the city.

Cadot said all the attackers are believed dead, although authorities are hunting for any possible accomplices.

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 09.37.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 09.39.14 PM.png

Did someone set fire to a migrant camp in Calais?

Very tragic. Most of the victims were young people, all they wanted to do was enjoy a concert on Friday night. Prayers for them and their families. Did anyone notice that today's intention in the prayers for the souls in purgatory post is for souls of teenagers?