MorphRC

-England is a tyrant country.
-Queen is nothing more than a waste of tax
-British Royalty is illegitimate
-Britain supports terrorism
-Australia is a nation of its own!
-Australia MUST be a nation of its own!

^_^

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jun 23 2004, 05:32 PM'] its the only freakin way to even remotely vote w/ ur conscience [/quote]
Lol. OMG it took me 7 minutes to finally understand what you meant by that..Lol

I think being up for over 30 years is hitting me now..

RandomProddy

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 23 2004, 08:07 AM'] -England is a tyrant country.
-Queen is nothing more than a waste of tax
-British Royalty is illegitimate
-Australia is a nation of its own!
-Australia MUST be a nation of its own!

^_^ [/quote]
-First country [i]in the entire world[/i] to ban slavery in modern history.
-Tourism.
-I think they married.
-By trading with the Irish?
-No, don't we still own you? ;)
-Meh, most of the population or Australia disagree with you ;)

Edited by RandomProddy

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 23 2004, 03:07 AM'] -British Royalty is illegitimate
[/quote]
You left out...

-British Royalty is inbreed
-Britain promotes Catholic bigotry, that no Catholic may be in office

;)

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote]-Meh, most of the population or Australia disagree with you [/quote]

I agree with this quote and yes I do disagree with MorphRC's comments. The last Australian referrendum proved just this point, with the decision to keep Queen Elizabeth II as our head of State. The Commonwealth has much potential.

[quote]-British Royalty is inbreed
-Britain promotes Catholic bigotry, that no Catholic may be in office[/quote]

How do they do this and can you prove it?

RandomProddy

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jun 23 2004, 01:56 PM'] -Britain promotes Catholic bigotry, that no Catholic may be in office [/quote]
Office? The only two people who can't be Roman Catholic are the Monarch and his/her spouse. Incidentally, the spouse doesn't have to be Anglican, just not Roman Catholic.

It's a safeguard from the Pope taking over the country.

Catholics may be anyone else. In fact we have a few government ministers who are catholic, so be careful to clarify what "office" means.

"Speaking recently, Tony Blair, whose wife Cherie is a Catholic, said: "The act does not prevent members of the Royal Family from becoming or marrying Roman Catholics, but does remove them from the line of succession."

However the government's objection appears to be based on the heavy workload involved in changing the law.

Mr Blair said altering the law would be a hugely complicated process involving changes to nine separate pieces of legislation. The government has already embarked on a heavy legislative programme with 28 bills to see through."

Edited by RandomProddy

MartinLuther

In the referendum, Australia rejected a proposed republican constitution that had several major flaws (presidential powers not specified, president not elected by the people, more power to federal politicians). It wasn't really a vote for the Queen as the NO vote included not just monarchists but also many republicans who wanted a different constitution.

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='Jun 23 2004, 11:36 AM'] Office? The only two people who can't be Roman Catholic are the Monarch and his/her spouse. Incidentally, the spouse doesn't have to be Anglican, just not Roman Catholic.

It's a safeguard from the Pope taking over the country.

Catholics may be anyone else. In fact we have a few government ministers who are catholic, so be careful to clarify what "office" means.

"Speaking recently, Tony Blair, whose wife Cherie is a Catholic, said: "The act does not prevent members of the Royal Family from becoming or marrying Roman Catholics, but does remove them from the line of succession."

However the government's objection appears to be based on the heavy workload involved in changing the law.

Mr Blair said altering the law would be a hugely complicated process involving changes to nine separate pieces of legislation. The government has already embarked on a heavy legislative programme with 28 bills to see through." [/quote]
Tony Blair cannot be Catholic.

It's bigotry... and ignorance.

Don't you know your own history? or anything about the Pope?

The Pope could never take over... if the Pope had that kind of power, then King Henry VIII would not have been able to reject Christ's Church.
Silly rationalization random.

Angelican's are not Catholic - they do not have succession.

According to what I've seen from commentary about England in the news is that no Catholic may hold office.

Catholic = Roman Catholic = Catholic = Recognizes the Pope as the successor of Peter.

God Bless,
ironmonk

RandomProddy

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jun 23 2004, 06:15 PM'] Tony Blair cannot be Catholic. [/quote]
Yes, he can.

If he did he couldn't approve the Archbishops and Bishops though, but there are ways to accomodate this. We had a Jewish PM before (Disraeli).

Again I clarify: The only two people who can't be Roman Catholic are the Monarch and his/her spouse. The Monarch has to be Anglican, the spouse can be anything but RC.

Edited by RandomProddy

phatcatholic

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 23 2004, 02:23 AM'] Lol. OMG it took me 7 minutes to finally understand what you meant by that..Lol

I think being up for over 30 years is hitting me now.. [/quote]
yea, sorry, i mean american politics, as in republican vs. democrat

Ireland long a province be, A NATION ONCE AGAIN!

A NATION ONCE AGAIN! A NATION ONCE AGAIN!

get out of Northern Ireland, all the Protestants can go with you back to England! LEAVE IRELAND ALONE. arg