An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am A Die-hard Republican Because...

MorphRC

RandomProddy

I forgot to reciprocate.

Ian Paisley is totally insane and does not stand for Christianity or Protestantism.

RandomProddy

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 24 2004, 01:07 AM'] no. simply: those who don't want to be Irish should leave Ireland. If they want to be English they should move to England. [/quote]
those who don't want to be american should leave the US. If they want to be Mexican they should move to Mexico.

Or:

those who don't want to be french-canadian should leave Canada. If they want to be french they should move to France.

Or (some time ago:)

those who don't want to be native american should leave North America. If they want to be (bla..) they should move to (somewhere else).

You think the last one is silly? We have been in Ireland since 1200.

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='Jun 23 2004, 11:00 PM'] I'm not sure if you meant it, but that was exceptionally accurate statement for this one (though I don't share your total hatred of what Paisley stands for but I agree he is a little messed up).

Hitler, claiming to be Catholic, allowing hatred in much the same way the IRA leadership do so and claim catholicism

But what you miss is: it's these actions that (some) people deduce what Catholics stand for.

Example 1: Kid walks down road, sees hospital blow up. Watches the IRA claim it was them and they claim it was good. Notes they are Catholic, deduces all Catholics are terrorists and want all Protestants dead.

Example 2: Kid walks down road, sees granny get killed by thugs on the street. Notes the thugs are Protestant, takes one look at Paisley, deduces all Protestants are terrorists and want all catholics dead.

What needs to happen is for everyone who claims to be christian to stand up and shout "STOP! THIS IS WRONG!" [/quote]
Hitler DID NOT claim to be Catholic.

There is a lot of misinformation about the Catholic Church, and that is one major misrepresentation.

God Bless,
ironmonk

RandomProddy

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jun 24 2004, 04:15 AM'] Hitler DID NOT claim to be Catholic.

There is a lot of misinformation about the Catholic Church, and that is one major misrepresentation. [/quote]
Not in later adult life, but he was baptised Christian and, according to William Shirer (the rise and fall of the third reich), he considered holy orders in his late teens (but this isn't alluded to much and could be variant information).

He certainly excommunicated himself and publicly rejected the faith in later life though, that is true.

[quote name='MartinLuther' date='Jun 24 2004, 01:56 AM'] In the referendum, Australia rejected a proposed republican constitution that had several major flaws (presidential powers not specified, president not elected by the people, more power to federal politicians). It wasn't really a vote for the Queen as the NO vote included not just monarchists but also many republicans who wanted a different constitution. [/quote]
Yes Thankyou!

The only place where we could pick a President was from the 1998 Government, no one outside the Gov. would have been allowed to campaign. That is why nobody voted, they decided, as my mum did, that if were going to be a republic it must be an open choice and proved upon someones own personal qualities and experience not whos in Government at the time!

And if you looked at some of the statistics, the majority of Pro-Monarchists were State heads, high level government organizations as well as Anglican, Church of England worshippers.

This isnt mentioning the unjust constitution they tried to pass on us!

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='Jun 23 2004, 09:58 PM'] -First country [i]in the entire world[/i] to ban slavery in modern history.
-Tourism.
-I think they married.
-By trading with the Irish?
-No, don't we still own you? ;)
-Meh, most of the population or Australia disagree with you ;) [/quote]
- Imperialist: Countries Invaded and Oppressed for the 'Greater Glory of England and God'

-Ireland
-France
-Spain [Tried]
-Iceland
-Scotland
-Egypt
-Northern Sudanese
-Israel
-Judaea
-Samaria
-Jordon
-Iran
-Iraq
-Suez Canal Area
-USA
-Canada[Tried]
-South America[Tried]

-India
-Modern Day-Pakistan [India Prior to 1940's]
-Thailand
-Hong Kong
-Taiwan
-Sri Lanka

-Pacific Islands
-Fiji, Vanuatu etc
-Australia

Aboliting of Slavery:

[b]V ABOLITION OF SLAVERY[/b]

[b]Denmark was the first European country to abolish the slave trade[/b], in 1792. Great Britain followed in 1807, and the United States followed in 1808.

[color=red][b]Microsoft Encarta 2004 Standard
© 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/b][/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Waste of Tax. Maybe you should tell the patience in the ward rooms without beds or sheets this, or the numerous millions that go swandering on making private roads for her, that block traffic and therefore delay economics. Cant have an economy working stable if you got no people there!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Edward IV - Son of a Archer and not the King. Pro-Monarchists say the line was fixed, but we all know how strict and disgustingly exclusive [inbreeding] the Royal family was to keep out commoners. Also once a line has been tainted, such as that it cant be fixed, but goes to the next rightful heir. [b]1441/42[/b]

By trading with the Irish?

Lol. Yes I suppose you can look at 900 years of Rape, Murder, theft, religious oppression and destruction as trading <_<

Btw: When did this start? Before the invasion, or after the Potatoe Famine killing Millions of irish, including some of my ancestors??
Think above your imperialist mind.
Yes. Try and check Newspoll Stats.

the only place i am against Britain ruling is Ireland.

why? because i believe Ireland deserves to be it's own country-- ALL of Ireland.

polls can be accepted for Canada, or Australia, IMO, but for Northern Ireland i cannot accept a poll. I simply believe too much that ALL of Ireland is ONE and should not be seperate.

perhaps because i'm irish.

perhaps because i've been to northern ireland as a lil kid and the guy with the machine gun scared the carp out of me, and we wore our green and white Celtic tee-shirts into an orange neighborhood and freaked the people we were staying with out (we had absolutely no idea what was going on) and the one time we were out playing and some kid came over to us and asked us if we were Catholic or Protestant and, lucky for us we were ignorant: we said "we're American"

and yeah, perhaps because the machine guns and the black helicopters freak me out. yeah, i guess they're needed cause of the IRA and all that, but i just think the best solution to the problem would be that Ireland is reunited, Britain gives up control of any part of it, and those in Northern Ireland who disagree with the majority of the ENTIRE Ireland about whether England should rule there or not should either live with the rule of the majority of Ireland or go back to england.

I just wish Ireland could be at peace. We have a beautiful plate in our house with a map of Ireland (and there's no dividers on that map) and a dove flying overtop of it. that is what i want: IRELAND at peace.

I want that while Ireland once a province be, it be a nation once again.

perhaps it's some prejudice i've aquired from my family, but do you disagree that Ireland would be best off if it was united and not under british control?

The IRA are freedom fighters, I know 900 years of oppression is a bloody good reason to fight the English. As for their tactics, what else could they do? Their was no army, disciplined defence system, constant baggering and shootings by the English and Protestants.

Ironmonk is right, the Catholic Church never supported the IRA, even Gerry Adams says so in his book, and he doesnt say it in the sense to try and cover up, but their is a very big anti-catholic attitude towards the Church for not helping the IRA and their cause. He himself is Catholic, but was disgusted by the heirarchy not helping them. But we know commoner priests did.

The IRA are no worse than the Catholics fighting in Iraq, or Afghanistan, and their not exactly, Wars for Freedom, even though its played that way. The difference is, you got a nation of arms behind you, the IRA dont.

I'm sympathetic to the IRA but can't bring myself to actually support them. I agree with their goals and really wish they didn't feel the need to attain them the way they're trying to, and I remain silent as to whether or not they're justified in their methods. i honestly couldn't tell you without some sort of bias clouding me, which is why i choose to be silent about it for the time being.

Morph,

I suggest you check your history a bit.

Tell me, did England try and invade Spain before or after the Spanish Armada? Oh, and occupying Palestine (as it was known then) under a League of Nations mandate, is that the "invasion" you are referring to? And is it really neccessary to list it as "Israel, Judea and Samaria" or was that just a blatant attempt to make your list longer?

Lastly, please tell me that you recognize that the "line" allegedly tainted in Edward IV's time has completely changed 3 times. You do know that, don't you?

peace...

[quote]Tell me, did England try and invade Spain before or after the Spanish Armada? Oh, and occupying Palestine (as it was known then) under a League of Nations mandate, is that the "invasion" you are referring to? And is it really neccessary to list it as "Israel, Judea and Samaria" or was that just a blatant attempt to make your list longer?[/quote]

Hmm ever heard of the Irgun attack?

Also. There is no such place as Palestine. There is however Judaea and Samaria. :)

[quote]Lastly, please tell me that you recognize that the "line" allegedly tainted in Edward IV's time has completely changed 3 times. You do know that, don't you?[/quote]

The line should have went to Richard III. As for that, no encyclopedia I have mentions such a thing.

crusader1234

You can't compare anyone, really, to Hitler. Thats like comparing War and Abortion - two evils, one however is much much greater.

As for Irish unity, that isn't something I'm overly interested in.

I'm Irish, and don't get me wrong I wish all of Ireland was Catholic Irish, but seriously now... if the people in the North have come to the consensus that they want to separate and have their own beliefs, then in my opinion thats alright. I dont think we should tell them to get out.

Like I said, to say that Athanasia is a possible reality and that Ireland should kick out these seperatists for wanting to leave is sort of like saying that you want to take out all the red m&m's out of your dish but refusing to allow other's to have their m&m's as well - hypocrisy.

I think that your refusal to make a statement about whether the IRA is justified is good, considering it seems like you are leaning towards thinking they are justified.

[quote name=' From the CCC']2263 The legitimate defense of persons and societies is not an exception to the prohibition against the murder of the innocent that constitutes intentional killing. "The act of self-defense can have a double effect: the preservation of one's own life; and the killing of the aggressor.... The one is intended, the other is not."[

2268 The fifth commandment forbids direct and intentional killing as gravely sinful. The murderer and those who cooperate voluntarily in murder commit a sin that cries out to heaven for vengeance.[68]
Infanticide,[69] fratricide, parricide, and the murder of a spouse are especially grave crimes by reason of the natural bonds which they break. Concern for eugenics or public health cannot justify any murder, even if commanded by public authority.

2303 Deliberate hatred is contrary to charity. Hatred of the neighbor is a sin when one deliberately wishes him evil. Hatred of the neighbor is a grave sin when one deliberately desires him grave harm. "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven."[96] [/quote]

Edited by crusader1234

Morph,

I suggest you buy a new Encyclopedia, one which covers early to mid 20th century history to get titles of Near East Countries. Also, one which covers the changes from the Tudor, Plantanget, Stewart, Hanoverian and Windsor family lines. It might save you from making such embarrassing claims in the future. Additionally, please note that the "Irgun Attack" was while the British where still serving their legal mandate from the League of Nations. It was hardly an invasion.

peace...

well, i donno. i think the entire nation is one no matter what history has made it into, and thus a poll of the entire country should decide whether the british stay. i didn't mean to say those people should be kicked out, just that if they want to be English they should voluntarily leave Ireland because in my opinion that land belongs to people who are truly irish. I don't think it's that unreasonable, why do they wanna live there anyway?

[quote name='PedroX' date='Jun 24 2004, 04:29 PM'] Morph,

I suggest you buy a new Encyclopedia, one which covers early to mid 20th century history to get titles of Near East Countries. Also, one which covers the changes from the Tudor, Plantanget, Stewart, Hanoverian and Windsor family lines. It might save you from making such embarrassing claims in the future. Additionally, please note that the "Irgun Attack" was while the British where still serving their legal mandate from the League of Nations. It was hardly an invasion.

peace... [/quote]
I got Encarta 2004. Ill look them up now.

Btw, whos embarrassed? are you embarrased? Im not. Sorry if you are.

As for the irgun. Id do the samething. I wouldnt allow ONE POMMY FOOT on any land. Looking from the Jewish perspective and their belief that the land is theirs, and with englands history, Id do the samething.