An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am A Die-hard Republican Because...

MorphRC

Encarta 2004: 'The successive Tudor sovereigns were Henry VIII' Cool, never knew that:)

Plantanget << Spelling might be off. Got no search results

crusader1234

They want to live there because its their land. The idea that Ireland is all about the island is sort of narrow minded, and the whole country shouldn't get to vote on it.

[quote]I suggest you buy a new Encyclopedia, one which covers early to mid 20th century history to get titles of Near East Countries. Also, one which covers the changes from the Tudor, Plantanget, Stewart, Hanoverian and Windsor family lines. It might save you from making such embarrassing claims in the future. [/quote]

Haha, I posted about this in the God Save the Queen thread. The entire Tudor line has been out of action since... hmmm the 17th century? To ignore the Stuarts, Hanovers, and Windsors (formerly Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) whom have all held the throne more recently is sort of ignorant. If you don't think that usurpers count, then forget about the Tudors as well and you have to go all the way back to Yorks, Lancasters, Plantagenets, and finally the Normans.

Peace,

Rich

crusader1234

Here is a list of all major Royal families excluding Royals without lineage that took the throne by conquest such as Oliver Cromwell.

1066-1154 - Norman
1154-1399 - Plantagenet
1399-1461 - Lancaster
1461-1485 - York
1485-1603 - Tudor
1603-1714 - Stuart
1714-1901 - Hanover (note: she married Albert of Saxe Coburg, thus relating to...)
1901-Present - Saxe Coburg Gotha although it comes from Victoria who was of Hanover. The name was Changed to Windsor in 1917.

crusader1234

Victoria's husband was German and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was a German duchy. The SCG line is predominant throughout all of europe's families pretty much, but was changed in 1917 due to anti-German feelings during WWI.

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 24 2004, 05:28 PM'] Victoria's husband was German and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was a German duchy. The SCG line is predominant throughout all of europe's families pretty much, but was changed in 1917 due to anti-German feelings during WWI. [/quote]
Yeah and I see a bit of hypocrisy in this. Because in the majority of countries anyone with German Ancestery were put in camps, there was many here in Australia, as well as in Japanese ones. Yet the Queen and King got off. Why?

crusader1234

Because the Queen was not German, only the King - and even so it would be ludicrous to think that the King going and fighting the war would be on the other side. That is a tad strange however.

Crusader 1234,

Good to see someone who knows their history. I get so frustrated with inaccuracies presented as fact. Good to have you on board.

peace...

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 24 2004, 06:09 PM'] Because the Queen was not German, only the King - and even so it would be ludicrous to think that the King going and fighting the war would be on the other side. That is a tad strange however. [/quote]
Yeah I know its stupid..but Im just thinking the normal person got treated like dirt, but not the Royalty. I just find that strange

RandomProddy

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 24 2004, 07:37 AM'] The IRA are freedom fighters, I know 900 years of oppression is a bloody good reason to fight the English. [/quote]
If hiding bombs under babies in pushchairs, bombing hotels, police stations and finincial districts is justified then you gotta seriously look at reclassifying Al-Qaeda as freedom fighters..

A few things the IRA have done to fight the tyrannical English/Scottish/Welsh occupation:

* Catholic mother of ten, Jean McConville, is executed by the Provisional IRA for cushioning the head of a dying British soldier, although it is also claimed that she was informing the British Army of PIRA activities. The PIRA would deny any involvement in the killing until the 1990s, when it would acknowledge its action.

* A PIRA bomb kills Earl Mountbatten of Burma, members of his family and a local child off the Irish coast. On the same day the PIRA kill 18 British soldiers at Narrow Water, near Newry, County Down; in an attack described by the British government as "a classic guerilla attack", they first plant one bomb, which kills 6, and then begin firing with sniper rifles at soldiers sheltered near a nearby gate where a second bomb explodes, killing 12 others. [b]During an Irish visit Pope John Paul II calls for the PIRA campaign of violence to come to an end.[/b]

* In the Enniskillen 'Massacre' the PIRA bombing of a Remembrance Day parade kills eleven civilians and injures sixty-three. Among the dead is nurse Marie Wilson, whose father, Gordon Wilson, would go on to become a leading campaigner for an end to violence in Northern Ireland. The PIRA would later claim that their target was a colour guard of British soldiers. (BTW, Rememberence day is the anniversary of the WWI Armistice).

Edited by RandomProddy

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='Jun 25 2004, 12:38 AM'] If hiding bombs under babies in pushchairs, bombing hotels, police stations and finincial districts is justified then you gotta seriously look at reclassifying Al-Qaeda as freedom fighters.. [/quote]
I know the IRA did bad things, but bombs under babies, dont spread ur protestant lies near me.

bombing hotels - British Ones or Possible Informers - Doesnt Bother Me
police stations - British Ones or Possible Informers - Doesnt Bother Me
finincial districts - British Ones or Possible Informers - Doesnt Bother Me

Al-Qaeda - World Domination and Islamic Supremecy.
IRA - Freedom Ireland as a Whole. Government by itself.

Big Difference Proddie.

[quote]Al-Qaeda - World Domination and Islamic Supremecy.
IRA - Freedom Ireland as a Whole. Government by itself.

Big Difference Proddie. [/quote]

How is murder different from murder? I must have missed the high level philosophy class that taught that distinction. Strangely, Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr. missed it too.

peace...

RandomProddy

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 24 2004, 04:21 PM'] I know the IRA did bad things, but bombs under babies, dont spread ur protestant lies near me. [/quote]
Right. Unlike you, I am actually from Northern Ireland..

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 24 2004, 01:58 AM'] The SCG line is predominant throughout all of europe's families pretty much [/quote]
Just an interesting tidbit to show how that statement is true.

If you follow current Eastern European events, you will see that the Bulgarian prime minister is Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. That is beause he is the former king of Bulgaria who as a child was deposed by the Communists after WW2 and after the collapse of communism he came back, entered politics, and became prime minister.