An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mental Illness, Politics, and Guns

little2add

GreenScapularedHuman
17 hours ago, little2add said:

providing Mifeprex, also known as RU-486 or the abortion pill is not my idea of woman healthcare services.

avid anti-abortion proponent

I didn't deny that they do provide some abortion services, this is the primary mode of that service, but it is rather insignificant when compared to the rest of their services and spending.

Even despite that the numbers provided in the link account for this and it doesn't even consider that most Planned Parenthood clinics will refer a woman elsewhere for abortions. (Which referrals are required by law even if it were at a Catholic hospital...)

12 hours ago, CatherineM said:

You have got to be freaking kidding if you think PP doesn’t do abortions as their primary service. 

All evidence indicates that abortion is NOT their primary service nor their primary allocation of costs. In order of services provided by the numbers it goes: STI/STD testing and treatment, contraception, pregnancy tests and prenatal services, cancer screenings and prevention, and then abortions... So its very far removed from their primary service. On the balance it accounts for less than 3% of their total services.

5 hours ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

it is rather insignificant

a chemically induced abortion of thousands  of full term  human being's is hardy  insignificant.  It fact it is an atrocity. 

Edited by little2add

I’m a woman. I was without insurance for a couple of years. Breast cancer runs rampant in my family. I’ve been having mammograms since I’ve worn a bra. I called PP to get a mammogram when I couldn’t afford one on my own. I got laughed at by the first one I called. Hung up on by the second. I called every PP within 2 hours, and every one said they don’t do that stuff. 

Budgets on paper can be made to say whatever you need them to. The reality is far different. 

GreenScapularedHuman
6 hours ago, little2add said:

a chemically induced abortion of thousands  of full term  human being's is hardy  insignificant.  It fact it is an atrocity. 

If you are just going to literally dice up my comments to take them out of context to make a point... You know what that is?

6 hours ago, little2add said:

it is an atrocity. 

Glad we agree.

2 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

I’m a woman. I was without insurance for a couple of years. Breast cancer runs rampant in my family. I’ve been having mammograms since I’ve worn a bra. I called PP to get a mammogram when I couldn’t afford one on my own. I got laughed at by the first one I called. Hung up on by the second. I called every PP within 2 hours, and every one said they don’t do that stuff. 

Budgets on paper can be made to say whatever you need them to. The reality is far different. 

Anecdotal evidence isn't really evidence though... it is neither conformable nor reproducible. I don't know what happened with you but I have never ever experienced or even hear Planned Parenthood being anything but very respectful and sensitive (even about abortion services). In fact the few women I know who got abortion services with the help of Planned Parenthood didn't actually get it at Planned Parenthood... they got referred elsewhere to doctors who would be willing to do that for them.

Once you start to say 'evidence doesn't matter' and/or 'my anecdotes matter way more'... that is inherently dishonest and basically ends objective discussion. But if you can find any creditable evidence for your claims I would be happy to at least glance at it... though the reality is you can't because its just not their primary service. In fact they can't even use tax-payer funding to procure abortions due to decades long restrictions on just that...

But if we really want to go into the rabbit hole of 'anecdotes' why are so many women willing to testify to Congress when these matters come up that Planned Parenthood did just that... provided them needed womens health services far beyond abortion and normally in exclusion of abortion? Not to be too rude let me guess... they are paid actors?

43 minutes ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:
7 hours ago, little2add said:

If you are just going to literally dice up my comments to take them out of context to make a point... You know what that is?

it is an atrocity. 

Glad we agree.

you agree that planned parenthood is an atrocity?

12 hours ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:
On 3/29/2018 at 7:26 AM, little2add said:

providing Mifeprex, also known as RU-486 or the abortion pill is not my idea of woman healthcare services.

avid anti-abortion proponent

I didn't deny that they do provide some abortion services, this is the primary mode of that service, but it is rather insignificant when compared to the rest of their services and spending.

GreenScapularedHuman
1 minute ago, little2add said:

you agree that planned parenthood is an atrocity?

not-sure-if-troll.png?resize=552,381

GreenScapularedHuman
Just now, havok579257 said:

this coming from someone who just got here.

If you want to act offended about it go ahead... but that reply above was really absurd... so my absurdist reply seems not so bad... also well in line with past posts made to me by the same user.

GreenScapularedHuman

In particular I would cite:

Not to immediately mention various other interactions were also painfully non sequiturs...

And I would like to point out he took my absurdist humor well:

And I have been here for a bit more than two weeks... 'just got here' here isn't quite an accurate description of me. Unless turnover and retention is really a major issue here at Phatmass? Is it?

Edited by GreenScapularedHuman

havok579257
6 hours ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

In particular I would cite:

Not to immediately mention various other interactions were also painfully non sequiturs...

And I would like to point out he took my absurdist humor well:

And I have been here for a bit more than two weeks... 'just got here' here isn't quite an accurate description of me. Unless turnover and retention is really a major issue here at Phatmass? Is it?

who's offended.  just pointing out the absurdity of calling little2add a troll.

compared to a lot of us here who have been her over 10 years, you just got here.

GreenScapularedHuman
11 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

who's offended.  just pointing out the absurdity of calling little2add a troll.

compared to a lot of us here who have been her over 10 years, you just got here.

Mercy.

I didn't think that time here proved that ones commentary was not trollish.

So you felt little2add's comment was not trollish?

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion [1] , there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

"To justify its half billion dollars in taxpayer funding, Planned Parenthood downplays abortion — falsely claiming that it only makes up 3 percent of its business — and instead plays up its cancer screenings and so-called 'women's health care.' However, Planned Parenthood's own numbers prove it's an abortion corporation, focused on abortion, not on women's health care. Planned Parenthood doesn't perform a single mammogram, and it performs less than two percent of all women's cancer screenings in the United States, yet it commits over 30 percent of America's abortions," added Rose.

30% of 300,000 per day = 90,000 abortion performed directly by Planned Parenthood per day.  

Source: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fact-check-planned-parenthood-abortions-1-every-97-seconds-30-of-all-in-us

Edited by little2add

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, GreenScapularedHuman said:

Nope, not a major issue to my knowledge. 

Welcome to Phatmass, GSH :) 

GreenScapularedHuman

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion [1] , there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

"To justify its half billion dollars in taxpayer funding, Planned Parenthood downplays abortion — falsely claiming that it only makes up 3 percent of its business — and instead plays up its cancer screenings and so-called 'women's health care.' However, Planned Parenthood's own numbers prove it's an abortion corporation, focused on abortion, not on women's health care. Planned Parenthood doesn't perform a single mammogram, and it performs less than two percent of all women's cancer screenings in the United States, yet it commits over 30 percent of America's abortions," added Rose.

30% of 300,000 per day = 90,000 abortion performed directly by Planned Parenthood per day.  

Source: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fact-check-planned-parenthood-abortions-1-every-97-seconds-30-of-all-in-us

Not exactly clear where you got the first quote there. You like to hodgepodge sources. Looking across your Washington Examiner article I noticed that this wasn't really so much a Washington Examiner article as it was a "Live Action" https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/live-action/ article which is a pseudo-science and conspiracy-theory website in the same zip code as Info-Wars...

Despite that... the problem with trying to figure out who the largest abortion provider is in the nation is simple... like many medical services provided in the United States there is no required reporting of it. It is ALL voluntary and most doctors and facilities DON'T report. So that 30% is based on a very voluntary and very incomplete total number of abortions in the United States. With that being added on because abortion services are a bit controversial and because Planned Parenthood is a nation-wide service that they are the largest provider of abortions, even though I would bet if full numbers were available that they would account for far less than 30% of total American abortions, but even if it was 1/3rd I think you might be missing that means 2/3rds of abortions are provided elsewhere... http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2017/may/15/glenn-grothman/glenn-grothman-says-planned-parenthood-leading-abo/

But that doesn't change the fact that abortion is only a very small service that Planned Parenthood provides...