Jack4 Posted December 12, 2018 Posted December 12, 2018 @BarbaraTherese, The quote should be read in context. I fail to see how the things you say address the quote itself. I trust Fr Faber to know what he's talking about.
Guest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 The forum might have gone into a bit of the doldrums and that can happen in forums.......and in life, but I am seeing some old members back in the forums and active again. Good to see! Perseverance to work through the doldrums with Prayerful Hope will reap its own rewards. Patience for God's Will to unfold in His Time. It is not a question of passivity. Our First Aussie Saint said "do what you can and leave the rest to God".........not "do your best" but simply what you can.
Guest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/146985-posts-being-changed/?do=findComment&comment=2801813 Refer to the above post between @Lil Red, Moderator of Meh, and myself. I am now hopeful that the matter will be addressed and settled satisfactorily via PM behind the scenes and my subject can eventually pass into the archives.
dUSt Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 On 12/5/2018 at 9:00 AM, Anomaly said: #1 Reason: Because dUSt rarely posts and is minimally involved in the website. That is the lack of leadership personality needed. Agree.
little2add Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 IDK. if it wasn’t for DUSt, phatmass would not be.
Ziggamafu Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 On 12/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jack4 said: I can see your join date by placing my mouse pointer over your username. FWIW I'm Eastern Catholic too (Syro Malabar) - hence my avatar. They'll probably find out and ban you (in your new account) eventually. Fr Faber says outright: To give scandal is a great fault, but to take scandal is a greater fault. The full text can be found below: https://fatherjerabek.com/2013/10/15/on-taking-scandal/ Ha. One thing that’s changed since 2005 is that I use a smartphone. I never browse the web (outside work use) on a desktop, so I chuckled at the thought of a cursor on Phatmass!
PhuturePriest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 I just don't come anymore because I was never properly recognized for my greatness and made a mediator of meh. I mean, it couldn't have gone worse than when Hasan was a mediator, right?
Ash Wednesday Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 29 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said: I just don't come anymore because I was never properly recognized for my greatness and made a mediator of meh. I mean, it couldn't have gone worse than when Hasan was a mediator, right? I don't think he ever was, was he? Though I do remember him at least being nominated. I figured the whole "not Catholic" thing would be a bit of an impediment but then again I don't make the rules...
PhuturePriest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 1 minute ago, Ash Wednesday said: I don't think he ever was, was he? Though I do remember him at least being nominated. I figured the whole "not Catholic" thing would be a bit of an impediment but then again I don't make the rules... Oh no, he definitely was. It resulted in some pretty funny things. If he were still around, I would inform His Sultanship that his accomplishments were being forgotten. He would be none too pleased.
Lilllabettt Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 28 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said: Oh no, he definitely was. It resulted in some pretty funny things. If he were still around, I would inform His Sultanship that his accomplishments were being forgotten. He would be none too pleased. I miss Hasan /Hassan. He turned me vegetarian.
PhuturePriest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 3 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said: I miss Hasan /Hassan. He turned me vegetarian. Did he really? Is he vegetarian? If so, I had no idea.
Anomaly Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 I believe Hassan accidentally had Mediator of Meh power or Winchester gave them at one point. It didn’t last long. It’s nice to reminisce, but I think the final act has come. Essentially, dUSt outgrew his need and desire for the site. PM has been important to many people at times, so I understand his reluctance to let it go. But he hasn’t been a significant and consistent influence here for a couple of years.
Guest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 (edited) I know Phatmass takes money. I remember him expressing that need several times and that it was coming out of his own pocket. I don't think he's gonna beg. And I know he has a very large family. If the donation needs aren't being met I'm surprised this site is still online. Edited December 13, 2018 by Guest
PhuturePriest Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 Correction: apparently I was, for at least a day, a moderator. http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/135833-the-reign-of-the-dark-prince-begins/ Clearly this is the kind of spark the phorum needs to revive itself?
Lilllabettt Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 (edited) 1 hour ago, PhuturePriest said: Did he really? Is he vegetarian? If so, I had no idea. He convinced me it was consistent with prolife principles. Idk if he himself is one since he is not prolife. He is the only one who has ever bested me in an argument. Therefore I have fondness for him. Edited December 13, 2018 by Lilllabettt
Seven77 Posted December 13, 2018 Posted December 13, 2018 I don't know if this place is really dying out. Sure hope not. I have been posting since 2000, practically at the inception of this website, and so has Anomaly under a different name. Dust where are you?
Lilllabettt Posted December 14, 2018 Posted December 14, 2018 2 hours ago, Seven77 said: I don't know if this place is really dying out. Sure hope not. I have been posting since 2000, practically at the inception of this website, and so has Anomaly under a different name. Dust where are you? He posted somewhere in this thread. I dont think phatmass is done for, but neither should it be taken for granted. Sometimes that can happen.
Guest Posted December 14, 2018 Posted December 14, 2018 That Phatmass is very quiet to its usual form might be because Christmas is almost here and members busy with preparations for what is probably the busiest time of year. Life, and I suspect forums too, can go into quiet periods for one reason or another, but eventually it passes. I don't think Phatmass is dying, but then no way to know the future of course. One can hope this is just transitory and a quiet period, the doldrums.
dominicansoul Posted December 14, 2018 Posted December 14, 2018 I know that Phatmass would get really active when some controversial debate was going on; the guys on this side would take on the guys on the other side and we'd fight to the death. I still post here, so I guess my side won... :P We need more fights to the death...
dUSt Posted December 14, 2018 Posted December 14, 2018 Turns out all the "troublemakers" are the ones who made the most posts. lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now