An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quotations that Motivate & Inspire

BarbTherese

4 hours ago, Gary david said:

Oh Lord I'm sorry Barbara. I'm glad I stopped in so that now I may pray for him ok Barbara. God bless you Barbara...gary

My brother is out of surgery - my sister in law is yet to talk to surgeon.  That is all we know at this point.  He had to have his kidneys drained prior to surgery for blocked bowel, we hope by something not difficult to overcome.  

My sister in law says he looks good which is good news because he was very ill when admitted to hospital and in a lot of pain.  Probably he waited until he was in really severe pain and difficulty before alerting my sister in law.

Thank you very much, Gary, for prayer. :)  My brother is dearly loved by many.

5 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

My brother is out of surgery - my sister in law is yet to talk to surgeon.  That is all we know at this point.  He had to have his kidneys drained prior to surgery for blocked bowel, we hope by something not difficult to overcome.  

My sister in law says he looks good which is good news because he was very ill when admitted to hospital and in a lot of pain.  Probably he waited until he was in really severe pain and difficulty before alerting my sister in law.

Thank you very much, Gary, for prayer. :)  My brother is dearly loved by many.

You are most welcome Barbara. Isint this what Jesus expects of us. To have enough compassion for another even when they are never seen and so far away. Yes I did pray and will continue Barbara, for your brother and you as well. God bless Barbara and if you would please keep me informed of your brother ok. See you later Barbara....gary

15 hours ago, Gary david said:

You are most welcome Barbara. Isint this what Jesus expects of us. To have enough compassion for another even when they are never seen and so far away. Yes I did pray and will continue Barbara, for your brother and you as well. God bless Barbara and if you would please keep me informed of your brother ok. See you later Barbara....gary

Thank you, Gary.  I haven't heard from my sister in law as yet today.  I did speak to my brother last night.  He rang me from hospital - but nothing new to report and I did not want to press him for more information.  I will hear in due course; meanwhile I am praying and thank you for your prayers too.  May God's Holy Will be done. Amen.

0701-624x468.png

Edited by BarbaraTherese

@Gary david

My brother has rung me and all is good.  It was a hernia only.  Deo Gratius.  Thanksgiving and praise to God for His Many Mercies.

It did give us all quite a cancer scare for a while.  Thank you so much for prayer, Gary.

Regards..........Barb

Whence comes this idea that if what we are doing is fun, it can’t be God’s will? The God who made giraffes, a baby’s fingernails, a puppy’s tail, a crook necked squash, the bob white’s call, and a young girl’s giggle, has a sense of humor. Make no mistake about that.

- Catherine Marshall (1914-1983), “Joy,” in Christian Herald, v. 82

St Vincent de Paul - Quote of the Day – June 30

https://famvin.org/reflections/quote-of-the-day-june-30-2/

"I ask Our Lord to grant us the grace of considering matters as they are in God and not as they appear apart from Him; otherwise we might deceive ourselves and act other than He wishes" (VII:403).

Gary david
20 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

@Gary david

My brother has rung me and all is good.  It was a hernia only.  Deo Gratius.  Thanksgiving and praise to God for His Many Mercies.

It did give us all quite a cancer scare for a while.  Thank you so much for prayer, Gary.

Regards..........Barb

Yes and truly thank God. That is most certainly good news for me to hear. The mind makes one think of awful things but when you keep your heart mind and soul on God our faith in Him stands clear. I pray in faith and in the end I say......your will be done Father and you know what is best and I can simply and humbly only ask you and wait on your.

I am so pleased to hear this good news Barbara. Thank God indeed. You must be so relieved. Boy life is tough Barbara, no need to tell you I know. What a great test God gives us Barbara. We just need to hold on and believe. 

Ok Barbara, thank you for informing me, I haven't forgotten and have been praying for you, your brother and all else in your circle of life. God bless you Barbara....gary

Thank you, Gary.  My major concern was for my brothers wife and children.  I am so relieved and grateful it was nothing really serious.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

0706-624x468.png

In advance of Vatican II, Mary Theresa proclaimed that every Christian is a missionary by means of Baptism.  She left her spiritual daughters with the responsibility of informing all Catholics of their duty to bring the Good News of God’s love to the
whole world.

“God must reign everywhere and His Gospel must be proclaimed to the ends of the earth.”

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/decaussade/abandonment.html (free online text of............

Abandonment to Divine Providence 

- by Jean-Pierre de Caussade)

Abandonment__56709.1389735116.500.750.jp

CHAPTER II. THE DIVINE ACTION WORKS UNCEASINGLY FOR THE SANCTIFICATION OF SOULS.

SECTION XI. Everything is Supernaturalised by the Divine Action

The divine action incites souls to aim at the most eminent sanctity; all that is required on the part of the soul is abandonment to this action.

By what means, O my God, I can make your creatures appreciate what is offered to them? Must I who possess so great a treasure with which I could enrich the whole world, see souls perish in poverty? Must I behold them withering like plants in a desert when I can show them the source of living waters?

Come, foolish souls, you who have not an atom of sensible devotion, you too who possess no talent nor even the rudiments of education, you who cannot understand a single spiritual term, who stand astonished at the eloquence of the learned whom you admire; come, and I will teach you a secret which will place you far beyond these clever minds. I will make perfection so easy to you that you will find it everywhere and in everything. I will unite you to God, and make you walk hand in hand with Him from the moment that you begin practising what I will teach you. Come, not to study the map of the spiritual country, but to possess it, to walk in it at your ease without fear of losing your way. Come, not to study the theory of divine grace, nor to find out what it has accomplished in the past and still continues to accomplish; but to become simply subject to its operations. It is not necessary that you should understand what it has said to others, nor to repeat the words intended only for them and which you have overheard, but you, yourself, will receive from it what is best for you.

St.-Zachariah-the-Prophet.jpg

John of Karpathos (VII century)
monk and bishop

I did not come to call the righteous but sinners." (Mt 9,13)

...".......But when you follow the Lord with burning love, it may happen that on the road of life you strike your foot against the stone of some passion and fall unexpectedly into sin; or else, finding yourself in a muddy place, you may slip involuntarily and fall headlong. Each time you fall and in this way injure your body, you should get up again with the same eagerness as before, and continue to follow after your Lord until you reach Him................

..............Do all in your power not to fall, for the strong athlete should not fall. But if you do fall, get up again at once and continue the contest. Even if you fall a thousand times because of the withdrawal of God's grace, rise up again each time, and keep on doing so until the day of your death. For it is written, 'If a righteous man falls seven times' – that is, repeatedly throughout his life – seven times 'shall he rise"

My two cents worth......... "Withdrawal of God's Grace"......I do not think that God ever withdraws His Grace, rather we refuse it"

Edited by BarbaraTherese

0707-624x468.png

Married Layman - Catechist - Martyr

Pope John Paul II's homily at the beatification of Blessed Peter To Rot. https://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=7611

...".........On November 11, 1936, Peter married Paula Ja Varpit at the Rakunai church. Paula had been a student in Peter's classes and their two families arranged the wedding. Their marriage was a happy one. To Rot was an exemplary husband and they prayed together every morning and evening. He would often confide in Paula, especially as his concerns increased during the Japanese occupation........."...........

..........."............

three prisoners crept back to the prison in the darkness. There they found Peter To Rot dead on the porch of the prison house.

To Rot was on his back, one arm bent under his head, and one leg twisted at an angle under the other. His body was still warm. They noticed cotton wads in his nostrils and ears, a red welt on his neck, a strip of cloth around his head, and a small puncture hole from a syringe on his upper left arm. They knew he had been murdered, but fearing for their own lives, hid and said nothing...."....

The above are only excerpts from the homily of Pope John Paul II at the beatification of Blessed Peter.  Read the full homily on the link above.